Chapter 1 – Why in the world did I just hatch from an egg?!
1.4k 8 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up to find myself trapped in endless darkness...

Nothing could be seen and my existence itself felt like I didn't exist. Where am I? What happened to me? Why is it so dark... and who am I? What is-...

…my name!?

…I can’t remember what it is…wait, what the hell is going on? How could I forget it? And my parents? I can’t remember them… wait... did I even have parents? where was I even from?!

And…where am I right now? Am I even alive? I tried to move my hand around to touch something…I could feel something hard against my hands, is that a rock…but it felt too smooth for it to be a rock. And wait…is this…water? Am I drowning right now? But wait…I can breathe? How is that even possible? This isn’t a dream, is it? And…why is it so compact in here? Is it a cave?

…wait…there’s no way…this…can’t be a shell… can it?

Just as I was thinking that…I could hear the shell crack…crack…and the sound just started getting faster…crack, crack… crack, crack, crack, crack… crack, crack, crack, crack, crack, crack, crack, crack…And light started coming in through the cracks…bit by bit.

The water…or liquid-like substance started spilling through the cracks and eventually poured out as the shell shattered into pieces.

The intense light blinded my eyes, and I raised my right hand to block it from my eyes. I could feel the warmth flowing through my body. I could feel my vision being blurred from the bright light and eventually settled down. Once I could see clearly, I turned my head to look around me, I was placed right in the center of a huge hall, it looked like a medieval European ballroom which had a dark eerie feeling to it.

Five people were kneeling in front of me, I lifted my hand placed it on my forehead, and touched my hair, my hair felt so smooth and silky, I’d never felt something so smooth before. I averted my eyes from the people who were kneeling before me (Normally I would’ve jumped out of my feet at the sight in front of me, but I didn’t even have the time to think about all that in this absurd situation I was in) and my eyes went wide at the sight of my skin. I didn't remember who or what I was, but I was certain I never possessed such breathtaking characteristics.

(Not to mention the fact that I was completely naked from head to toe all this time and I wasn’t the slightest bit worried about all this.)

I touched my thighs with my pale fingers which possessed sharp red nails…huh??...wait, wait, wait…why am I considering this situation to be so normal? And even If I’m touching my own skin, doesn’t this feel totally dirty right now?

I rapidly turned around and started searching for something to cover myself with, I found a white cloth which was probably completely damp from all that egg fluid which flowed out of my shell a while ago. I quickly grabbed the cloth and immediately covered my lower half with it and held it to my chest with one hand.

But I didn’t feel cold in the slightest…wait…is this some kind of cloth made of Nano-fiber? How could it possibly be dry when that shell was filled with that fluid? And trust me that thing looks sticky as hell! And I'm dry too, aren't I?

Hold on…oh no…aren’t I forgetting something important? I’ve got smooth long hair, pale smooth and soft skin…No matter how much I think about it don’t I look like a girl? Augh, I have a feeling of what it turns out to be though…I slowly lifted the sheet to take a peek at my most important region. I wasn't aware of what gender I was, but I had to what it was, and the result was…

You’re joking, right? How could this even be? Isn’t there supposed to be something pretty important there?

Wait…you’ve got it wrong…where the hell is my reproductive organ? And not to mention the fact that I don’t have either a male or female reproductive organ?!

I dropped the sheet I was holding and slammed the ground with my fist. I faced the floor with a wide grin on my face. No…this isn’t interesting in the slightest. I was laughing at the situation I was in. I can’t impregnate anyone, and no one can even impregnate me?!

Wait, wait, wait…my line of thinking is going in an absurd direction right now…yes, that’s right. First, I need to calm down…calm down me! …calm down!

…sigh… I let out a deep sigh and held my slender fingers on my temple…how the hell am I even supposed to calm down in a situation like this? I know that my whole body has changed and I’m quite grateful for that but why in the world am I missing something way more important than all that? Is this retribution? I don’t think I’ve used it for any evil purposes, for that matter, I haven’t even used it to begin with!!!

(Don't ask me how I know all this with my memory gone, I just know it. It's like I know how to speak English!)

I raised my hand and slammed it right in the center where ‘it’ was supposed to be…and it didn’t even hurt in the slightest. …sigh…I let out a sigh of resignation…mm…let’s just forget about it. It’s not like I had much interest in that kind of ‘dirty’ stuff in the first place …yes…dirty. rotten. stuff…yes, I just have to think positively, and everything will be alright. I raised my hand and held it to my face while making a fist to show my resolve. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes though.

Wait…don’t people usually check if there dreaming in situations like this? How could I be so dumb? I'm sure all this is a dream and I'd wake up to find myself soundly sleeping in my fluffy little bed…this is the best idea I’ve ever come up with in my entire life…hehe…aren’t I a total genius? I lifted my hand from my palm held it to my cheek and started pinching it while having the widest and weirdest smile in my entire life (I mean, I was just born a few minutes ago, you know? Teehee!)

I pinched my cheek as hard as I could, and what do you know? …it hurt like hell! …mmm-mm…I knew that would happen! I was just joking! You totally fell for it didn’t you? Hehehehe – hahaha – ha ha ha haaa …sob… I wanna cry my heart out right now…who the hell am I even talking to?

I decided to accept the situation I was in right now with burning resolve in my eyes! …alright…now that that’s done, let’s inspect my new body a bit. No. there is nothing dirty about it okay? I'm insanely sane right now and there's nothing wrong with my brain. The fact that I have time to think about all these absurd theories in such an absurd situation is proof of how insanely sane I am.

Mm. Me adding the word insane every time I use the word 'sane' is definitely not normal but let's just forget about all that and focus on the positive side of this world. Like the people kneeling in front of me. Yep. let's focus on that. Could it be that I'm actually a king? I could be a monarch or since I'm so pretty I could be a queen, it is regrettable that I don't have a way to confirm my doubts. And since my chest is as flat as a pancake my doubts just keep growing and that is nothing I'm supposed to worry about. The only thing I should be concerned about right now is the fact that I have to be as positive as my negative mind could ever possibly be...Argh~! Like hell I could possibly be positive in a situation like this!!!

I started moving back and tried stretching my feet forward. I could feel something rustling behind my back and when I tried to turn my head to get a better view, I could feel my hand touching something soft…just like feathers. I looked under my hand, and I could see pitch-black feathers spread underneath me and they were shining so beautifully just like…the starry night sky.

It felt so soft and dark, it was as dark as a raven feather, but it had a sparkle to it. It is out of this world. It felt like I was staring at a starry night sky in broad daylight...it felt so unreal...

I slowly turned my head to check where those feathers were coming from, while tracing my fingers through them it felt as if I could feel myself being touched. (Not in a dirty way, mind you!)

The feathers were clearly sprouting from my back! Right in between my shoulder blades…oh…now I’ve got wings too?! Am I an angel or what? But I’ve got black wings, so does that make me a fallen angel?

45