Chapter 11 – Lytta: The True Demon of Rage
528 3 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thanks to Rodon, I was able to get my hands on some adamantine. I made a legendary weapon without a hitch; it was a sword, a katana to be precise.

It was a black katana with a red line on the blade. I tested it out and it was an epic blade that could cut through anything and everything.

I forged the katana and Rodon cried his eyes out at the speed and precision I made the sword at. He called me a genius and prodigy of the century.

Well, it's not like I’m gonna be a blacksmith for the rest of my life though…

“Excuse me, my lord…”

“Hmm? I’m sorry but can you repeat that Lazarus?”

Lazarus is the pure-blood vampire from house Salvatore. Yes! There are dozens of noble houses even in the demon realm and it’s believed that for many years those noble houses have constantly been producing the seven deadly sins. This is the first time in the history of Dementia that demons who are not from noble birth have taken over the positions of the seven deadly sins.

Everything from the demons who took over the DS positions to me being born was considered unorthodox. But unlike the humans, demons weren't greedy for political power or money. The only thing that mattered to them was strength.

Of the current seven deadly sins, only Lucifer, Freya, Lyssa, and Beelzebub are the ones from noble backgrounds while the other three are from different backgrounds. Rodon already told me about Mammon’s background. I wanted to personally ask Mammon about his situation since it didn't feel right for me to ask others about his situation.

I heard that Zelus is a werewolf from the slums and I’m not of noble birth either. But since I’m considered way higher than any other beings in the food chain, they seem to respect me without any complaints.

At the end of the day, the demon realm is pretty much a meritocratic society where the most powerful demon among the demons takes the place of the monarch of Dementia.

“I believe that it is time for us to invade the human realm, my lord.”

I gave him a cold gaze and stared at him for a while. He was kneeling in front of me and proposing to strike the human realm with all our might.

And here I am contemplating what food I should have for dinner, do you know how annoying you're being?

I looked at Mammon, Lucifer, and Lyssa standing beside me. They were glaring at Lazarus with pure contempt in their eyes.

It seems like they take turns going to the border of the demon realm. Zelus seems to only focus on information gathering while Mammon, Lyssa, and Beelzebub seem to be overseeing the constant threat from the humans at the borders.

Lucifer and Freya seem to be my attendants of sorts. Since Freya seemed to have a lot of time on her hands, I’ve asked her to take care of my cute little pets for a while, my little spider and white raven, Sapphire and Ruby.

“Lucifer…can I have your opinion on this matter?”

“If you’d pardon my rudeness, my lord.”

I nodded my head accepting his request. Even I must play the part of their master sometimes after all.

“The current state of the demon realm is pretty dire. Unlike the human realm, the demon realm isn’t that well developed. The only thing in our favor would be the fact that all demons follow the order of the demon lord without any complaints. We demons devote our lives wholeheartedly to our master, unlike humans who have to constantly worry about betrayals and power struggles."

“And that’s one of my biggest worries…” I whispered to myself.

“Sorry, my lord?”

“It’s nothing, you may continue…”

If the demons were to follow every word of the demon lord. When I die or leave this world, they’d have to follow every word of the next demon lord even if it meant sacrificing their own lives. I hate it when people follow meaningless orders without thinking about it themselves.

I have to somehow find a way to break them from these shackles if I want the demon realm to flourish from now on.

“My lord?”

“Oh, can you repeat that Lucifer?”

“Certainly, my lord. Since the literacy rate in Dementia is scarce, we can’t spread much knowledge around, and the number of employees even in the castle number only up to about a dozen employees who can read and write. As things stand, we can’t keep up with any of the happenings on the battlefield.”

Considering the situation we're in I doubt we'd be able to do anything. We have a massive food shortage (and the food here tastes really bad). Only the nobles can acquire a bit of knowledge, but the other demons are all illiterate and have trouble even with simple math like addition and subtraction.

Even if we were to start teaching them now, it'd take at least a few more years for them to get a proper understanding of different fields. And if we just focused on preparing them for war and nothing else, they'd have to know a bit of the terrain and how to read simple sentences at the least.

“I see…and what about you Lytta?”

Normally you’d think that asking Lyssa’s opinion on war matters is the last thing you need to hear considering her timid appearance. But my question isn’t directed at Lyssa herself, but at the hidden personality that lies inside of her, Lytta.

“Um…would it be alright if I let Lytta take over my lord?”

“Sure…”

In an instant, the calm and peaceful aura surrounding Lyssa fades away and a massive pressure resonates throughout the room. Her gentle and timid smile is taken over by a wide grin that spreads across her tiny face. Her cheeks turn red and her face turns into a distorted smile full of pleasure, as if her mind was filled with nothing but malicious thoughts. This isn’t a face filled with sexual pleasure, but the mind of a battle junky filled with horror and screams resonating through the battlefield.

This little girl is the hidden personality that hides deep inside the timid girl named Lyssa. The mad dog of the seven deadly sins, Lytta; the true demon of rage.

“A war with the humans? Hehehe…my lord, I would love to have a war with those damn humans. The eyes filled with despair and regret, the bloody battlefield filled with the blood of people who want nothing but to go back to their peaceful lives…the despair they feel when they realize the fact that they can't turn back, the fact that they’d never be able to see their family ever again…Aaaaaah… the despair, fear, and rage-filled in those blood red eyes…the excitement is just welling up inside of me just thinking about it…”

Aaaaaah…why the hell am I standing here right now? I should not get on this girl’s bad side no matter what!!! Thank God she’s on our side…

Times like this make me realize that this isn’t a simple world, but a world where death and murder are just natural…a world that focuses on the concept of the survival of the fittest.


Aoi here,

Here's a bit of info on the current state of the demon realm and Lytta's character reveal. What could be better than demon Lolli who's a total battle junky?!

27