Chapter 13 – Infiltration of The Human Realm
517 8 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hmmm…it is true that humans have already caused us plenty of damage for almost half a century now. I heard that there wasn’t a proper demon lord for about fifty years now.

So, the least we could do to thank them for what they’ve done to us all this time…hehehe-hehehe…

“Um…master?”

Oops, I almost let out my true feelings…how naughty of me…

Unlike humans who would find it hard to mingle in demon society, demons could easily infiltrate the human realm thanks to their shapeshifting abilities. Some just need to cover their horns and vampires just need to not get caught feeding on humans and they can easily mingle in human society.

Most demons can hide their horns and demon characteristics easily. Lucifer is probably the only person who hides his demon characteristics all the time, but since he lets out his tremendous aura you can tell he’s a demon in an instant though. Everyone else mostly reveals their horns and tails without a hitch.

And since Zelus is a werewolf, he always hides his demon side when he's in his human form. In Lyssa’s case, since she’s a high elf her long ears stand out a lot.

In my case, I usually let out my black wings since it feels comfortable to let them lose most of the time. And they’re so beautiful so they stand out a lot too.

Wait…does showing out my black wings make me a narcissist? I mean it is a part of my body, right? Wait…that makes me sound like an exhibitionist…Alright! Stop! We're not going down this train of thought anymore! I don’t know where it’s gonna lead if I keep this up.

“Ahem…so, what do you think is the easiest way for us to make some money Mammon?”

“Um…sell one of your adamantine weapons, my lord?”

“Oh! I didn’t think of that method! Are you a genius Mammon?!”

“Hehehe…come on Acedia-sama. You’re making me blush…”

“We can just start making Adamantine weapons and start selling them to the humans. They’ll start buying them for any price we offer. We can extort them financially and leave them rotting in starvation for the rest of their lives. Bahahaha…”

“Woah-woah-woah…stop! Stop! Stop!” Wow, I’ve never seen Lucifer so worked about anything before.

“If we do that the humans will come to know that we possess adamantine weapons. And allowing them to use adamantine weapons is worse than anything! If they find a way to duplicate the adamantine weapons, we’ll be done for!”

“Hmmm…I guess that’s true. Sorry, Mammon I guess we have to give up on that idea. How unfortunate…”

“Yes, Acedia-sama. Truly unfortunate…it’s all because Lucifer’s so stingy…”

“I know right? Lucifer’s being so stingy. Tsk-tsk…”

Both Mammon and I covered our mouths with our hands and looked at Lucifer mockingly.

“I’m not the stingy one here! You’re the ones being way too greedy.”

“Sorry Lucifer-chan, being greedy is in my nature.”

“And as a sloth, I prefer taking the easiest route. And I believe that earning tons of money is the easiest way in life! If you can earn money, you can lead a silver-spoon lifestyle. What else could be better than that?”

“Don’t you people have even the slightest pride in you?”

“Hmmm? Nope! Not one bit!” Both Mammon and I denied our pride in unison with pride.

“Well, that aside. We have to find a way to extort the human realm for what they’ve done to us all these years. Therefore…Sargent Zelus!”

“Yes, Acedia-sama!” Zelus appeared in front of us from thin air.

He's a blond-haired ninja dude who can turn into a wolf! isn't that like really cool?!

I asked Lucifer and went through records on magic and couldn’t find a single mention of teleportation magic. Dark magic allows an individual to travel through shadows and Lucifer can turn his body into a type of black mist and travel at top speed. But no one in this world seems to be able to use spatial magic.

So, I infused a type of spatial magic into a few rings which allows the user to teleport to places you’ve been to before. In my case, I can summon anyone to me using spatial magic if I know that person’s face though. Spatial magic is so useful.

Zelus just used one of those rings to teleport himself into this room. I don’t summon them forcefully since who knows what they might be doing when I summon them all of a sudden. That’s an invasion of privacy so I tend to just inform them using telepathy. I’ve given all the seven deadly sins these rings…

…Wait, then why does Freya always burst in from those humungous doors every time I call her anyway?... I guess she likes it. Let’s not pry into other people’s tastes too much.

“Mammon and Zelus. I want both of you to choose some competent people from among your troops and infiltrate the human realm. Mammon I want your people to infiltrate the capital city of Anesa in the Empire of Yithia and establish a trading organization. I’ll give you ideas on the products and services we’ll be offering the humans, I was hoping you could expand this organization as much as possible in the next 15 years. Make it so that they can't live without our help.”

"Understood, Acedia-sama."

The kingdom of Yithia is the closest to the Demon realm and it’s the country where the heroes and the seven capital virtues are. The capital of Yithia is the city of Anesa. If we could infiltrate the capital city, we’d be able to get a lot of information on the human realm.

“And Zelus and I want you to establish an information guild. You can gather information for us and sell it to anyone who needs it. Their political, economic, religious, and information on their forces and their connections to other countries worldwide. And it would be helpful if you could both expand your influence on other countries too.”

If we could do all this and expand our forces accordingly, we’d be able to achieve our goal without a hitch.

“We’ll be gathering all the information we need, but that doesn’t mean that we’ll be harming the humans in any way. Extorting money from the nobles is one thing, but if it means where inflicting damage on the civilians then… Civilians should not be harmed in any way. Wars are meant to protect people, not to harm them.”

“We’re not doing this to take over the human realm or to defeat them and snatch their freedom away from them. Our only goal is to achieve peace with them. As things stand, we won’t be able to achieve anything by standing still and doing nothing. If we want to achieve our goal, then we have to take some drastic measures. But remember one thing our ultimate goal is to achieve peace with the humans.”

All five of the seven deadly sins got on their knees in unison.

“Understood, my lord. We shall do as you wish!”


Aoi here, 

This chapter was a bit exciting and I had fun writing it. Making it so that they can't live without us, what better option is there for a sloth?!

29