6. Bath?!
50 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Join the discord please,  https://discord.gg/k93Qv857B9

Haoren had taught Li Feng a Qu gathering cultivation method that originated from the Buddhist mantra and was modified by "his parent" by combining it with various scholarly techniques as well as his own special cultivation technique.

Of course, the version that he gave Li Feng was a different one, a lesser version. To begin with, his cultivation technique was created for his use and could not be used by others. The one Li Feng was now using was one that could be used by everyone. Although it will have to be replaced later on it was great for beginning one's cultivation journey.

But, as he watched Li Feng absorb the spiritual qi Haoren felt some matters weigh upon his heart, 'Was this really the right thing to do?'

Haoren had doubts, While it was apparent in the test that Li Feng's aptitude for cultivation was quite trashy... However, that was not exactly true she had at least above-average talent and that was what worried Haoren.

Li Feng's ability to heal souls was barely noticeable as of now, but once she increases her strength... It's safe to say that there would be countless beings willing to harm her for the sake of using her ability.

'Well, it's better if I let her grow stronger while she's with me rather than letting her wander around and die out there and it's good for me too.'

Haoren continued to observe Li Feng, looking out for any possible complications.

'This is...' With the passing of time, a thought passed by in his mind, '...really boring.'

...

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

...

As she opened her eyes, Li Feng could feel an all-new vitality flowing within her, "Hm..." Her mind was clear and her body rejuvenated.

"Urgh!" But she couldn't admire this change for much longer as a painfully bad stench assaulted her nose and the source of the stench, seemed to be... herself!

Her body was covered in dark sticky grime and her clothes were completely ruined. 

"Go take a bath." Haoren's voice calling out to her made her look towards him and that soured her mood even further.

'This bastard!!' 

He stood in the distance as far away from Li Feng as possible with his index finger and thumb pinching his nose close with an all too natural-looking expression of disgust.

"There's a well over there and a place to take baths over there." Quickly pointing out the places, Hoaren left and entered the house.

"..."

Li Feng quietly stared at the leaving Haoren and as he left, "Fuck you!" She flipped him off.

...

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

...

"Hah!" Now alone within the house, Haoren let out a light laugh as he "saw" Li Feng's actions, "How childish~" 

Saying this, he walked towards his room while humming merrily.

...

*Splash!

"Cold..." Li Feng remarked as she poured water onto her body. "Damnit that bastard! if he knew this was gonna happen, he could've at least Warmed some water for me or just warned me!!"

It wasn't that unreasonable of a demand from Li Feng's end as the bathroom also had spirit tools to heat water...

She punched at the water in the bucket which only splashed back onto her face, further angering her, "Damnit!"

Just then the door to the bathroom creaked open, 'Wait! That fucking bastard!' Li Feng realized Haoren's motives behind hiring her, 'No wonder he didn't talk much about the "employment"

Li Feng prepared to kick the bastard in the nuts as a hand sneaked in through the barely open door, "Clothes." The hand dropped some clothes onto the ground.

"I hardly believe a thief brought some spares alongside her, so wear these" The monotonous voice seemed to be looking down on her, "Unless you want to wear those filthy rags with the stench of the sewers."

Saying this, the hand receded and the door closed, "Of course, if you plan on wearing something like that then do remain outside like a wild mutt."

"..." As the voice beyond the door grew distant, Li Feng quietly stretched out her both hand's middle finger bidding her "boss" farewell, 'Fuck off.'

...

*Bathunk!

Hitting a table, Haoren groaned. "Urgh..." In the day's light, he could not use his shadows reliably enough to navigate and as for his other "vision", he avoided using it since if he used it now... 

"Hah..." Haoren sighed, the tips of his ears reddened from embarrassment He had by mistake seen... "Haa..." Haoren sighed again...

*Bathumk!

He hit a wall.

...

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

...

Li Feng, having changed into the new clothes provided by Haoren, found him in a cloak, seemingly preparing to leave. She approached him, towel in hand, still drying her hair.

"Where are you going?" she asked him, her words filled with curiosity.

Haoren glanced at her, his expression unreadable beneath the hood. "A few places," he replied curtly.

Li Feng frowned, feeling a surge of annoyance rise within her. "Can I come with you," she insisted.

Haoren shook his head. "No, I don't have any plans of babysitting for today."

"Then I'll go on my own!" Li Feng declared, crossing her arms defiantly.

"..." Haoren stared at her and his gaze met Li Feng's stubborn gaze as they stared at each other for a while.

"..."

Haoren hesitated, weighing his options, "Ha..." Finally, he let out a resigned sigh. "Do whatever you want," he relented.

With a triumphant grin, Li Feng stepped beside him as they made their way through the market which was not as crowded as it usually was in the mornings. Haoren navigated the crowded streets with ease, his senses quite helpful for passing through crowds.

As they passed by various stalls selling goods of all kinds, Haoren stopped every now and then to purchase things.

First, he purchased a lot of fruits, then he bought dozens of dumplings and then meat skewers. The entirety of a moderately large bag was filled with his purchases.

'How much does this guy eat?' Li Feng watched him curiously, marvelling at the sheer quantity of food that Haoren bought, 'He also had dumplings on him last night...'

She couldn't help but feel a bafflement at his obsession with dumplings. 

Once Haoren had finished his purchases, they continued on their way, the bag of food swinging lightly as they walked. Li Feng kept pace beside him, feeling a bit bored as she expected to find out some of Haoren's secrets but this...

Together, they made their way through the market, Haoren leading the way. After a few minutes of travel by foot, Li Feng noticed the place they were heading to, it was a place she was familiar with.

"Where are we going?"

Haoren halted in his steps as he turned towards Li Feng with a slightly inquisitive look, "The slums, why do you ask?"

"Ah... no reason in particular." 

"Is that so..." Haoren answered, with a curious voice, "Weren't you also a resident of here?" 

"Yes..." Li Feng answered as they continued to walk ahead.

After a moment of silence, Haoren asked another question, "So, is there anyone who knows you here?"

"Not really." She spoke while recalling her body's memories, "I am an outsider who came to this place from another city, so I don't really have any friends or acquaintances here. But, there might be some who could recognise me..."

Saying this, she also added, "Not that they'd be able to recognise me now..."

"Mhm," Haoren nodded in agreement while he continued walking.

'What?! You haven't even seen me before!' This somewhat pissed off Li Feng.

...

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

...

As they reached, the main slum area Haoren stopped and Li Feng could feel multiple sets of eyes upon them or rather mostly on Haoren. But, there didn't seem to be any killing intent within them.

As Li Feng wondered what to do next, a shadow crept up towards them and lunged at Haoren. However, Li Feng didn't do anything...

"Food Mister!!"

The assailant was a child about 9 years of age, "I'm not "mister food", you brat." Haoren responded in a rough tone.

"Food Mister!" The little girl paid no mind to his tone and instead wished to admonish him for getting the title she granted upon him wrong.

"Ha..." Haoren just sighed as he let the girl who was barely hugging him do as she pleased for the 6th time to date. "Where are the others?"

At this point the girl let go of Haoren and turned to the other side taking in a deep breath she yelled, "Oy you idiots stop being cowards and come out!"

There was silence for a few moments till a few kids stepped out of the broken run-down houses... and then a few more did.

"Haoren looked towards the one that seemed to be the oldest and raised his brows.

"W-well..." The girl who seemed to be around 14 years of age answered with an awkward smile, "We thought you were busy..." She glanced at Li Feng as she said this.

Seeing this Haoren realized that Li Feng was wearing his clothes which were of high quality, which probably made the kids wary.

He just shook his hand, "This is my subo... friend, Feng Lin, he will not be a problem. Go ahead and have the food, you are already salivating like dogs anyway."

And then, the kids rushed at the food till the older ones scolded them to line up.

Looking at this Haoren smiled, in the kids' perception he appeared to be a man with their favourite foods as his head... Which just showed how simple these kids were.

Li Feng watched all this with her jaw dropped, 'This fucker smiles?!'

She was in absolute shock, this was the last thing she expected from him, 'What's he planning?!' She just couldn't accept that the cynical man she knew would act as such, smiling while helping kids!

...

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

...

After playing a few simple games with the kids for a while, Haoren left alongside Li Feng.

Their next destination took them to the city gates where they quietly let Haoren pass, "This guy's with me." Hearing this, the guards looked at Li Feng a bit enviously as well with a hint of admiration.

After that, they entered the forest and went to a river that Li Feng was all too familiar with, Haoren hunted dozens of fishes instantly with his shadows and carried them within a basket made of shadows and went on deeper into the forest.

They entered a large cave with a gigantic black bear with a golden horn... 'This...'

Li Feng prepared for trouble. However, Haoren simply closed in and Bear noticed him, "Grr..."

To the bear's growl, Haoren stepped forward, "Brought food!"

Hearing this, the bear brought its head closer and opened its jaws. "Here!" Haoran threw the fishes into the bear's mouth. The bear closed its mouth and receded its head. The bear then moved its body to reveal a little life... an infant bear.

"Hoh! So, the kid's born huh?" Haoren smiled as he looked at the "little" bear, the size of a boar.

"Does it have a name?"

"Grr...!"

"That won't do, names are important... they are necessary!"

"Gr..."

"Then... How about Tai?"

"Grr..."

...

The conversation with the bear continued and Li Feng remained silent till they left.

As they were walking back, Li Feng spoke up, "You can talk with bears?"

Haoren gazed at her strangely and then he answered, "It's related to my ability."

"How do you even know the bear?" Li Feng asked another question.

Haoren crossed his arms as he recalled the memories from a few days ago, 

"A few days ago, I was attacked By that bear... But, since it was bearing life I decided to spare its pathetic life and since it had lost its mate, I decided to feed it for a while" At the end he also, grumbled quietly, "Someone even stole my clothes that day..."

"Huh?" Li Feng halted in her steps, Haoren looked back to check on her yet, she didn't move... She couldn't process the situation at all... Indeed, Li Feng.exe had stopped responding.

Thanks for reading

2