8. Sword?!
37 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
  • Day-14

"Here's your tea, my lord~"

"You didn't have to bother with making tea this early in the morning."

"Oh, how could I not even do such a thing when you're always helping me out and teaching me about cultivation."

A harmonious scene played about with Li Feng and Haoren being rather appreciative of one another. Truly a testament to their relationship that had grown deeper from their bickering and acceptance of one another, right?!

Well actually... Kinda not really... They are currently in a silent war, the night before yesternight after having used all their ammunition against each other, the two of them moved on to using petty personal attacks.

Their arguments turned to slanderous comments that an 8-year-old would yell aloud while crying as his opponent, who hurled shit at him.

As for how exactly that led to this...

...

"Hah?! You're the one feeling all shy and embarrassed after peeping on me!!"

"I am not embarrassed!!" 

"Oh, is that so? Then why are you red like blood?!"

"I AM NOT!"

"YES YOU ARE!"

"NO, I AM NOT!"

"Hah! I guess it can't be helped that you're so shy... You're so "pure" after all"

"You...!"

"If you weren't "pure" then why would you be so flustered from just an accidental peek?"

"I was not flustered! I just felt a bit guilty and had to let you know!"

...

Well, this and that led to one thing and another, and now they are trying to show each other that they do not care at all. 

Pretty childish, I know. But, they are technically in a way children.

One was a child, the other's body was that of a child and the vessel influences the spirit moulding it into the shape of the vessel.

 And thus, Li Feng had grown childish. Extremely so.

Haoren on the other hand was just discovering these kinds of things, getting angry, throwing a tantrum and acting like a little brat.

However, as you might have guessed, pretending they don't care also means that they can't show that the other does in fact care.

With that being the case, one shifted their strategy to one of "being nice" to the other and the other one just reciprocated.

Honestly, it's pretty stupid.

...

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

...

Amidst the vast expanse of the mist within the darkness, a single drop of radiance itself was condensed. the drop rotated and whirled as the mist gathered around it being devoured by it with impurities being expelled spontaneously.

With a single thought from Li Feng, the drop flowed and traced the paths that led the mist towards the great expanse.

The little drop flowed swiftly through the mist reaching a place that offered great rejection, one that could only be termed as a blockage.

The drop absorbed the impurities at the blockage, rapidly refining the impurities to remove the blockage... However, it soon collapsed as it dissipated into a faint mist of impure spiritual qi.

And with that Li Feng's eyes shot open, a searing pain in her body originating from her Dantian influencing her entirety.

"Calm down," Her 'teacher', Haoren spoke as he closed in towards her, "Relax your breathing, control your thoughts and your qi will follow suit."

"Hu..." Li Feng wanted to yell out loud 'Yea, let me just tell this deadly pain to chill the fuck out!'

But, she couldn't do that. Not because she was in any danger, she had understood enough about this "Qi" that she could survive such a thing, rather it was her "battle" with Haoren that made her swallow up those words.

"It seems like you're having more trouble than expected Li Feng." Haoren's voice was light as he simply did not seem troubled at all.

"Indeed." Li Feng, although quite annoyed did not let it show on her face and answered with a fake helpless smile.

"Let me check your meridians for myself, just in case." Haoren calmly approached her without any hurry or emotion on his face, however, beneath the surface he was somewhat troubled, 'Does she not know?'

Haoren had really begun to wonder if Li Feng did not know about "that"...

'That smile...'

Li Feng's smile was slightly crooked, seemingly evil and filled with malice. Haoren knew that there was no actual malice behind it but, it was a bit... odd?

'Should I put that mirror in her room...'

Haoren thought of something that seemed extremely rude unfortunately he was about as oblivious about his faults as Li Feng was about her smile.

"Hm..." With his index finger over Li Feng's forehead, Haoren let his Qi enter her body as he sensed her meridians.

Soon he frowned, "Troublesome..." 

"???" Li Feng looked at him inquiring for answers without saying any words.

Haoren let go of her forehead and began, "It seems like your meridians are slightly blocked."

"Does that mean... I can not cultivate?" Li Feng asked with a frown, she didn't like the idea of having any more trouble to deal with.

"No, it's nothing serious..." Haoren looked into her eyes as he paused for a moment, "It seems to be the after-effect of consuming some kind of poison... As long as you take your time condensing your qi and don't rush it, you should be fine."

Haoren felt a bit worried, he knew that Li Feng surely had some kind of past but... the poison affecting her was about a decade old, to think someone would poison a child so young... Haoren felt a bit sorrowful.

'No wonder she grew up to be so double-faced...'

Hiding one's weaknesses with lies and maintaining a smile through the sorrows, was something Haoren knew quite well of. After all, someone close to him often did that. Never letting him know of the troubles and the burdens that he brought to that person...

"I'll be going out for now."

...

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

...

Haoren was at the slums right now, looking over the children playing. He had wanted to go alone but Li Feng more or less forced him to bring her. 

So, he decided to bring her to this place, however, this was not the place that he meant to visit.

The place where was going was not one where he could bring Li Feng, to begin with, it was too far away and bringing Li Feng would only slow him down.

And even if he somehow gets past that problem, there was the fact that the place was one that could be dangerous for even himself let alone Li Feng who hadn't even passed the first step of cultivation.

"Li Feng," Haoren called out to Li Feng who was standing by the girl who was the oldest amongst the slum children, Xiaoli, "I will be going for some 'personal' matters for a while so take care of the house for me."

With a twitch of her brows Li Feng began, "I want to—"

"It seems like you care too much about me to let me just wander alone..." Haoren had a slight, barely visible smile. But Li Feng could tell that it was a smile of mockery!

She had fallen into a terrible trap. If she still tried to follow Haoren it would be the same as agreeing with his statement and if she did not agree she'd not be able to find out what he was planning. Also, it was kinda infuriating as this was probably what Haoren had intended from the beginning.

"Do not overthink it, it's not like I'm worried about you or anything." Li Feng realised she had messed up, her words from just now were something that a tsundere would say!

'...Not that this guy would know what a tsundere is.'

...

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

...

'A tsundere?'

This was the first thing that popped up in Haoren's mind as he heard Li Feng say "Do not overthink it, it's not like I'm worried about you or anything." 

However, he decided to amuse that thought later and left for his next destination.

...

Haoren was in the forests outside the city, running by the river he was familiar with. Climbing the waterfalls with a single leap and following the river, he traced it back to its origin. 

As for the reason why he was going there? It was because he needed something from the being that resided at the origin of this river... 

"It was nearer than it looked..." Haoren commented looking towards the peak where he was going. It was a rather tall mountain with a snow-capped peak.

"It's about time as well..." The sun had begun to set and Haoren who took note of it began his climb towards the peak.

His powers were at their height at night when his shadows could guide him, guard him and act as his limbs.

'This would be the strongest enemy I've faced...'

Till now Haoren hadn't faced any truly strong enemies, as "his" memories continued to return, he realized that the mama bear wasn't even close to the strongest beings this body had faced.

'And those beings themselves are just lesser beings on the grander scale...'

A slight tremble within his hands showed his weakness. However, his hand happened to touch upon something by his side 

An ordinary yet pristine-looking sword sheathed and tied to its scabbard.

The reason for it being tied was that Haoren did not plan to use the sword at all.

Just looking at the blade brought peace to his mind and memories flowed to him... Memories of the blade and its original wielder.

...

"You will not be able to utilize intent in your entire life."

Although the world was still veiled in darkness, I could tell where the person before me was.

 "..."

"Your talent with the sword is already heavenly. It's just ... hard for you to develop an intent that is the manifestation of one's will. Even if you aren't able to use intent, with just the techniques I taught you, you'll be able to stand at the pinnacle of the world. Moreover, this sword isn't the only weapon you possess is it?"

Intent... a materialization of one's will, something I was incapable of performing. The person in front of me, however, was someone whose will was beyond ordinary. Even I could sense him as a radiant, unsullied sword despite the darkness that surrounded me.

"..."

"Do you feel sad not being able to wield the blade like me?"

His existence was radiant, completely unlike the only other person I had been able to "sense" till then. I idealized that radiance.

"..."

"You are, huh? Well then, here."

I felt something touch upon my hand, a cold inorganic object placed into my hand.

"???"

"This is my treasured weapon, although it might not be the best weapon but, it's important to me! Keep this with you as a good luck charm and hopefully, it will lead you to fortune and hope."

...

A smile appeared on Haoren's face as he held the sword's hilt. This was a sword, "he" never took to battles. For it was something that should not be sullied with his own selfish battles.

But, this battle was different and perhaps that was why his body guided him to the blade before he left... With his mind calm and gaze focused, Haoren moved through the darkening world. It was time to hunt.

...

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

...

At the time when Haoren had left, Li Feng was preparing to leave as well.

After all, there wasn't much of a point in sticking around at the slums for no reason. However, as she was about to leave, one of the older girls amongst the slum children called out to her.

"Ummm! I wanted to ask you something something!" 

"Yes?" Li Feng answered mindlessly to the nervous girl twiddling her thumbs.

"Uh... I... heard that you live with mister..."

"Yes, I began learning under him a few days ago and lived in his house for that reason."

Li Feng again answered wondering where this was leading up to... At least she did until she realized something, 'Is she maybe into that guy?! But she hasn't even seen his face!' 

According to Li Feng, Haoren's greatest quality was his face... which to be fair, was most likely true as he was really too pretty some might even say a bit too pretty. 'Wait a minute, then does she think that me and Haoren are...!'

As Li Feng's thoughts ran wild, the girl named Huan continued, "Then do you know if he has... uh.. someone he likes?!"

Li Feng took a minute to process this and then she realized... 'They don't know I'm a girl.'

Thanks for reading.

2