Stranded and Sore
596 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pals encountered:

Spoiler

Katress

[collapse]

Juniper groaned and rolled her head slightly to the side. She could hear the crashing of waves all around her. The scent of the ocean filled her nostrils with each breath. She could even taste the salt of the water on her lips. All normal considering she had been out to sea for the past month. What she didn't expect was the feeling of drenched clothing stuck to her skin or the sand shifting beneath her as she moved. She was on a beach? That didn't make sense. 

However, what really startled her were the whispers that gently drifted down to her ears as she lay there with her eyes closed. 

"Is she dead?"

"How should I know?"

"We could poke her with a stick?"

"Just nudge her with your foot."

"Why me? You do it!"

The awareness of the bickering finally forced her to open her eyes but she could only make out vague shapes standing over her through blurry vision. As far as she could tell, three figures stared down at her. However, once they saw her open her eyes, various squawks and screams filled the air moments before they all vanished. 

Juniper groaned again and willed enough strength into her limbs to sit up. A few furious blinks later and she was finally able to confirm that yes, she was in fact on a beach. A nice beach, by the looks of it. But she wasn't supposed to be kicking back and catching rays. She was supposed to be on a boat conducting experiments. The longer she sat conscious, the more her memory returned to her. There was a storm, a panicked announcement from the ship's captain, the awful sound of tearing metal, and finally the rush of cold water that swept her away. 

"Shit." Juniper resigned herself with that one word and then stood up on shaky legs. She did her best to wipe the sand from her jean shorts even though the dampness that still clung to them was a bigger nuisance. At least on the front. Her pert little ass had apparently been happily baking away in the sun since the fabric there had dried out. Same with the flannel button-up she wore. However, the white camisole beneath was still soaked. Not to mention her panties and bra. There was probably sand everywhere too. Well, this was going to suck. She leaned forward and flung her chestnut-colored hair over her head, shaking it and working it with her fingers. At least she'd gotten it cut before she left a few weeks ago so it simply hung by her shoulders.

Right, time to get off the beach and see if she could find any other survivors. Maybe she could spot something from up high? She turned and let her eyes wander over the steep cliffs but her attention was quickly drawn to the large stone structure and endless stairs leading up to it. Yup, definitely going to suck. With a heavy sigh, she began walking towards it but after only a few steps something caught in her peripheral vision. 

Juniper snapped her head to the side in time to see a pale form swiftly disappear into the brush at the edge of the sand. Silver, flowing hair left in its wake.

"Hey, wait!" Juniper called out and tried to run for it but her muscles felt like they were on fire and, by the time she reached the spot where she'd spotted the observer, whoever it was had disappeared. Well, that performance was a far cry from the track and field star she'd been in her prime. With a sigh, she turned and stalked off. That staircase wasn't getting any shorter.

Fuck, she wished it was though. Juniper hadn't even made it a quarter of the way before she had to stop and rest. Each subsequent stint had her making it up fewer and fewer stairs before she had to take a break. It must have taken her a full hour by the time she got to the top. Once she did, she sat on the top step, turned her back to the wall, and closed her eyes. 

"Took you long enough."

Juniper's eyes shot open and her head immediately turned to see another woman lurking in the shadows of the big ruined building. 

"What? Who the hell are you?"

The voice wasn't familiar so whoever this was, she hadn’t been part of the crew. The mysterious woman stepped further into the light and Juniper was able to get a better look at her. Long, blonde hair was drawn back in a single ponytail, leaving her emerald green eyes free of obstructions. Eyes that stared directly into Juniper's brown ones with an amused curiosity.

"Lily." She said as she took a step closer. As if that would answer any and all questions about this mysterious woman's identity. Well, whoever this Lily was, she also appeared to be armed to the teeth. A rifle of some sort was slung across her back and a pistol sat holstered on her thigh. Sitting over the dark green shorts she wore. Same color as the tank top too. 

"And you are?"

"Juniper."

"Huh, pretty name. Anyway, let me guess...you just woke up on that beach down there?"

Lily came to a stop a few feet out and crossed her arms. Her eyes began to run over Juniper's body once she posed the question. Slowly. Methodically. Juniper shifted under the scrutiny and finally stood up. Not that she would be able to do much if things turned sour but it felt better than simply sitting there helplessly. 

"Yes. That's right. I saw some others down there when I was coming to but they ran off." 

Lily looked at her confused for a second but realization soon spread across her face. "Ah, you mean Pals. I doubt any other humans found you."

This time it was Juniper's turn to be confused. "Pals? Like...friends?" 

Lily's amusement grew until she let out a soft chuckle and then shrugged. "Oh, they can be really friendly sometimes but no. That's the name given to the strange creatures that inhabit these islands."

"Strange creatures? Like rare species or something?"

"So rare I guarantee you've never seen them before."

Doubt grew in the back of Juniper’s mind at that assertion. She was a marine biologist, after all. Of course, that also meant she knew there were plenty of species left to be discovered. In places like the bottom of the ocean or in dense jungles. But in an island chain full of such creatures? Well, that sounded a little...fantastical. 

"Right. I see..."

Lily could probably hear the skepticism lacing her words. Which is most likely what drove her to turn her head and address someone unseen. 

"Alright, Mist. You can show yourself now."

Before Juniper could ask who the hell she was talking to, another person emerged from the shadows. A woman, naked as the day she was born except for the large, purple wizard-like hat atop her head. Juniper’s eyes drank in the sight of the lithe figure that walked across the room as Mist finally came to stand next to Lily. Her breasts were perky and had a lovely, gentle swell to them. Her hips were just wide enough to grab hold of. And the cock hanging between her legs looked magnificent, even flaccid. Wait...what!?

Mist rolled her eyes before shifting her gaze to Lilly. "I swear, every time. You humans always focus on the same thing at first."

Lily laughed and shrugged before similarly shifting her gaze. "Can you blame us? Especially when it’s this nice?" The blonde reached down with her closest hand, gripping the shaft and giving it a few vigorous strokes for emphasis.

Mist tutted in response and then smacked the woman's hand away. "Hey, cut that out! Unless you want me to fuck you in front of the newbie." Mention of Juniper had the pair returning their gazes to her. There was now a light flush to her cheeks following the little display and she looked away slightly under the renewed attention.

Lily's eyebrow rose and she chuckled again, bringing her hand back to sit on a hip. "I think Juniper here might get jealous, though." 

This caused her cheeks to redden further but she returned her eyes to Lily and shook her head. "No! It's just...I'm just a little surprised. That's all."

"Sure, sure. Heard that one before. Anyway..." her hand shifted to indicate Mist's full height where she stood next to the adventurer. "This here is a Pal. A Katress, specifically." 

“A Katress? She looks human..." So, this was a Pal? Juniper narrowed her eyes and redoubled her examination. 

"Somewhat." Mist followed the single word by bringing her hands up and removing her oversized hat. There, Juniper's eyes found two cat-like ears! A moment later, a long, purple tail flicked from behind her. In fact, the longer she looked, the more differences Juniper found. Her eyes resembled those of a cat and she found fangs in the smile Mist offered her way. Small tufts of purple fur circle her wrists and ankles as well. 

"Not all of us so closely resemble humans but you won't find any covered from head to toe in fur or walking around on all fours."

Juniper's eyes continued to roam while Mist explained, eventually landing back between her legs.

Seeing this, Lily reached over and shoved the Katress on the shoulder before indicating Juniper where she stood. "See, she really does want a go."

"Keep it up and I'm going to be rough later." Mist practically snarled back at Lily. 

"Promise?"

The Katress ignored the banter and dropped her hand to grab hold of herself. "All Pals have a penis and..." She lifted up and then let her hat drop to the ground so she could bring the other hand down to move aside the pair of testicles that hung at the base. It was then Juniper caught sight of the slit. "A vagina."

This made Juniper's eyebrows come up in surprise, a load of questions flooding her mind. They had both sex organs then? So, hermaphrodites? Just like some fish species... 

Mist dropped her hands away and then picked up her hat from the floor. "Before you ask, no. Humans and pals cannot make little babies together." The Katress' tone dropped to something that sounded close to exasperation as she spoke those last words.

"Babies? Humans and Pals have sex!?" This statement finally caused Juniper to look up and meet Mist's eyes again. 

"Yes. Frequently. This one is insatiable." Mist hooked a thumb to the side, indicating Lily.

The other woman chuckled nervously and brought a hand up to rub at the back of her neck. "Hey, can't blame a girl for getting frisky. I mean, come on...look how fine she is. Fucks like a pro too."

Mist rolled her eyes again and Juniper felt a renewed heat bloom in her cheeks. 

"My prowess in bed aside, you don't have anything to worry about it. Unless you bite off more than you can chew in other ways."

"Other ways?" Juniper asked. Wait, why was she even asking!? 

"Other ways, yes. For example, some Pals are more... well-endowed, than others. There is also a difference in aggression."

"I see..." Juniper's brow furrowed in thought before another question bubbled to the surface. "Oh, and I keep hearing 'she'... is that another all-Pal type of deal?"

"That's correct."

"Gotcha. Thank you, Mist. It sounds like you give this talk a lot."

When the Katress finished sitting the hat upon her head, she simply shrugged as if resigned to her fate. "I do. Lily has a weakness for catching newbies before they get themselves hurt."

"Ok, ok. Enough of that." Lily came in from the side and shoved Mist where she stood. Sending the Pal off to do something else. "Don't be giving her the wrong impression about me." Her gaze shifted to Juniper then and she leveled a finger at the brunette. "I'm dangerous. Don't ever think otherwise. Plenty of people and Pals have found that out the hard way. Now..." Lily walked forward and put an arm around Juniper’s shoulder. Which required her to reach up a little more due to the difference in their height. "Not only am I dangerous, but plenty of Pals are too. Most, really." 

She began to walk Juniper away from the staircase, passing through a tall entranceway into a much larger stone structure. One that looked far more dilapidated now that she was up close. However, the pair were quickly through it, emerging out onto a flat area that overlooked a valley of sorts. "If you go wandering around the island alone and unarmed, you're bound to get hurt or killed. You either need to get yourself a gun or a Pal. Preferably both."

Juniper wrinkled her nose at the mention of guns. It wasn’t so much the weapon itself that drew out the reaction, more the thought of hurting anyone. So, she chose to focus on the latter option. 

"Like you and Mist? How do I do that?"

"Bind them."

"Bind them...with a rope?"

Lily laughed and shook her head before letting her arm drop away. "Man, you really are a kinky one. No. Well..." The other woman looked like she was lost in thought for a moment but ultimately shook her head. "No. Create a bond with them. An everlasting one."

"An everlasting bond…"

"Yup!” Lily spoke as if it was there was no great mystery to it. Just another simple thing to accomplish. 

"And how do I do that?"

"Two ways. The first is to beat the shit out of them until they've had enough and they come to respect you."

Again, Juniper’s face turned sour at the thought of violence and she even shook her head for emphasis. "What's the second option?"

Before Lily answered, she grinned and leaned in closer. "Fuck them good enough and they’ll never want to leave your side."

Juniper's eyes went wide and she looked over her shoulder back towards where Mist was distracted with some other task. 

"I bet you're wondering which method I used to bind Mist, aren't you?"

Juniper shrugged and looked back to the strange woman. "I am...curious. Yes."

Lily winked and then dropped the backpack from her shoulder. "Well, maybe I'll tell you one day. For now, I want you to have a few things." She rooted around in her backpack and then brought out a canteen, a pocket knife, and what looked like a fire starter. "Here, take these."

Juniper reached down and took the objects. Tucking the two smaller items in her pockets and slinging the canteen over her shoulder. "What am I supposed to do with all this?"

"Survive this place, of course." Lily closed the pack and slung it back around before pointing at the valley below. "It's pretty safe in the immediate area. I suggest sticking around this spot until you've got a good handle on things. There's a human settlement a two or three-day walk once you pass through the hills on the far side. Nice people, good to trade with. However, you run the risk of running into more dangerous Pals on the way." 

Juniper’s gaze flowed over the landscape and a feeling of intense dread settled over her. "Why does it sound like you aren't going to let me come with you?"

"Kinky and smart. You just might make it, Juniper. You're right though, you're on your own. I might come check on you from time to time but no promises. That's if you make it past the first few nights."

"Encouraging." When Juniper turned back, she noticed Lily was already walking back towards Mist, apparently done with the conversation. "Hey wait! I have tons more questions! What the hell do I eat? How do I get out of here? Who else is around?" Those were only the tip of the iceberg too. 

In response, Lily turned but kept walking, moving backward now. "You'll figure it out! Besides, the Pals know all that stuff. It's like instinct or something. Good luck!" She turned and quickly caught up with Mist before they both started descending the stairs and soon disappeared from her sight. 

“Fuck.” Juniper briefly considered chasing after them but she had a feeling that would be a fruitless effort. Perhaps she was safer than she felt tucked away on this part of the island but she didn’t know for sure and that didn’t bring her much comfort. Well, she had to do something. Even if she wasn’t anywhere near an expert, his wasn’t her first rodeo in the field, so to speak. She knew what she needed to focus on and what to do first. However, before she got to it, she gave herself some time to get it all out. 

 “Shit! Shit, fuck…stupid fucking storm!” For 30 seconds Juniper stomped around in a circle, gritting her teeth and letting every expletive she knew flow from between her lips. By the end, she actually did feel a little better and gathered herself mentally before turning and stalking off in the opposite direction of Lily and Mist. 

11