Chapter 2 ─ The Flower of Iris
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally the day has arrived my dear readers, the day where I show the characters and we begin the real prologue of this story.

I hope you like it since I reveal that I've had an obsession with otome´s for a long time, something that watching the main novel you realized.

But really it's mostly the cliché of the engagement breakup that caught my attention.

The idiot prince throws away a beautiful flower (let's not talk about her being smarter than him) to replace her with a filthy swamp frog.

With this spin-off my desire to keep making otome and games will be dying so that way a trope won't monopolize my attention.

I hope you enjoy it as you will find certain coincidences with the main novel and more with the "villainess".

I still remember it like it was yesterday, on my fifth birthday, I, the second daughter of Duke Rosenthal of the Kingdom of Britannia.

Irislillya Lux Rosenthal, had asked for a pony as a birthday present.

For as long as I can remember I have always been a girl spoiled by everyone, but one day, suddenly my father slapped me and uttered cold words.

"Shut up already. You're a duke's daughter, not a peasant's daughter to go around demanding nonsense."

My father was always affectionate with me, but that day he was very cruel, which is a rarity because he never raised his hand to me again.

I ran away from home crying and went to hide in the small forest located in our garden.

Hours passed and no one came looking for me, it is true that I wanted someone to go find me to bring me back.

It seems that my father made sure that no one came to see me.

I was very lonely, very sad, I really didn't understand why my loving father beat me.

As I was lost in my tears, she found me.

"There you are, Iris. I've been looking for you."

I turned around as I recognized that voice.

"Anne onee-sama."

Dressed in a riding suit, my older sister and heiress of the family, Annerose Lux Rosenthal was staring into my eyes.

Her appearance for an eight-year-old girl was very beautiful.

Her hair was blonde and tied in a long braid that reached her hips. She is the only one who inherited our father's green eyes.

Quite the opposite of me. Who was born with platinum blonde hair and sapphire blue eyes, surely from my grandparents I inherited this color.

"Iris, daddy is angry about something that happened at work, please forgive him as I guarantee you will see him crawling on the floor begging for your forgiveness later."

*Crying*

"Is he really mad about that?"

"Of course he is. Or do you think he'd be mad at the little girl who bought him a whole park all to herself?"

"I don't think so."

"For that reason let's go back home, it's getting dark."

"Yes."

I took my sister's hand and we walked back home. A few hours later I saw my father kneeling with his head on the ground begging my forgiveness.

It was like my older sister said, father had a bad day.

From that moment on my spoiled impulses were slowly erased as I didn't want this to happen again by accident.

❤❤❤

My sister was brushing my hair, she was the only person in the world who wanted me to do it.

"Onee-sama, what do you think happened today?"

"I don't know, tell me?"

At the age of seven, my father took me to the royal palace where an event occurred that would mark my life forever.

"Are you serious!"?

"That's right, His Majesty asked me to become engaged to Prince Karlheinz, dad made a funny face...what's wrong with you?"

My sister after hearing the news, instead of rejoicing she hugged me tightly.

Why are you making that painful expression, big sister?

"Iris. Listen to me well, no matter what happens, your big sister will be here for you."

"You can count on me for everything, always. No matter how painful it is, or who hurts you."

"I will always be your ally, even if I have to turn the world against me."

"Onee-sama, you scare me."

"S-sorry, I just remembered something, hehehe."

"Look, that's it."

"Waah!"

My sister smiled again as usual and her gloomy face went for the cheerful onee-sama I love.

Her favorite hairstyle was always spiral curls near the ends.

"Ah, Iris-chan looks like quite the princess."

"No. You're quite the princess, the princess with golden curls."

"Hehehehe, onee-sama says funny things."

"Iris, let's not waste time. Let's go to the town and show everyone your beauty."

"Sure."

My childhood was the most joyful in the world, despite what happened that day, my father treats me much better, I can't tell if that was a gift or a punishment, but I like the way things are now.

I'm really happy, and nothing will change that.

❤❤❤

Then came the day I will never forget.

My sister came home after finishing her exams at the royal academy.

Her grades were excellent since she entered.

For that reason, I didn't want anyone to think that the duke's second daughter is a slacker.

I tried very hard, I studied hard to enter the academy and be one of the best students like my sister.

When she returned home, she spent her time locked in her room.

The life of a student must be hectic because she just kept crying.

The exclusive maid who took care of her told me that she spent bad nights and stress because of the girls who hate our family.

Apparently there are people who envy our family and hate us a lot.

I must prepare myself to resist their insults.

My sister couldn't seem to handle them and locked herself in her room.

When she came out, her bright green eyes were darkened.

I said to her after bringing her some medicine and water.

"Anne onee-sama, please take this. Life at the academy seems to be exhausting. But I'm sure you'll be able to get through it because you're my big sister."

I said it with a confidence I had never shown before.

She watched me with her dull gaze and suddenly stroked my head.

"My goodness, what a fool you are Iris."

She suddenly smiled again and began to tease me.

"Am I sad?"

"That's right. But not because of the studies, it's something that when you're my age you'll see will be hateful."

"All at once I'm telling you to stay away from cute boys. Especially the ones who are extremely handsome."

"Huh? But I'm supposed to have a fiancé, can I look at boys even with one?"

"Ah... I forgot. Then just worry about the prince not turning into a skirt chaser."

"I don't understand you, but I will."

When she stroked my head, it felt a little weird.

I can't explain it, but it was as if instead of being happy it was sadness that touched my head as she spoke to me.

"You're a great girl Iris. You really are."

Her words were weird.

❤❤❤

My sister's vacation was over and she was getting ready to go back to the academy.

Our parents said goodbye to her, my dad mainly giving her advice on something I couldn't understand.

She came up to me and gave me a tight hug, the same kind you would give a teddy bear.

"Iris. My cuteness meter was empty, but now it's full."

"I'll be able to resist the boredom of classes thanks to you."

"Annerose onee-sama, your breasts are suffocating me."

"Oh, sorry."

She lifted her breasts that were bigger than the surrounding maidservants.

"It's very annoying to walk around with these things. You can even trip since they cover your feet. It's really a danger this size."

"Annerose, don't do that here."

"Sorry."

Our mother scolded her, once again, my older sister gave me a tight hug and said.

"I love you. Remember that well, your big sister will always be here for you."

"I know."

She returned the hug along with a kiss on the cheek and we said goodbye to her.

❤❤❤

"Huh? What was that she said?"

A few days after my sister left, some knights knocked on the door.

The head knight asked us all to meet in a private place and then pulled out a scroll and said the worst words I would ever want to hear in my life.

"I'll say it again."

"Both the royal palace and the royal academy are saddened to inform you that the lady, Annerose Lux Rosenthal was found lifeless along with her maid and driver."

I can't believe it.

I refuse to believe it.

That is a lie.

"This happened while they were on their way back to the academy, but according to the last person who saw them, Lady Annerose-sama said she had to go through a locket before going to the academy."

"They passed through a mountain stoop and due to the recent rains... tragedy struck."

"Duke, Duchess and young lady. You have my deepest sympathy."

"We will bring you the body of your daughter as soon as possible."

After saying goodbye, the knight went out.

My mother fell to her knees and my father could not process it.

I was the only one who had a different thought.

(A locket... a detour... It can't be!)

That's how I realized it was all my fault.

I had asked her before she came home to get me a locket that she showed me in that pamphlet when she came back.

I told her to get it for me...

And now she.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

My older sister just died because of me.

I'm really seeing that my actions have a punishment for me that I can't get rid of.

"Anne onee-sama. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

❤❤❤

After my older sister's death, I went into a deep sadness.

But I remembered something, her last words were that she would always be with me.

For that night, I dreamed of her.

She smiled at me and told me to go on with my life.

For that reason, I decided to erase my sadness.

She was always strong, I must be strong too.

The fate of the family depends on me too.

That's why she began to study harder than ever.

And thanks to that I began to see that life was showing me how it paid off.

One day I was returning from the palace after my monthly meeting with Prince Karlheinz.

In one of the streets I saw something that took my breath away.

I opened the door and the exclusive maid who was taking care of me told me not to get off.

I ignored her and ran to a corner.

There I could see a little girl in a corner sitting on a dirty rag.

It was very rare to see this in the duchy, but to see this in the capital was even rarer.

Wasn't there supposed to be a good economy to prevent low-income families from having to throw their children out on the street?

I approached her and placed my scarf around her neck.

The little girl was very malnourished, dirty and stinky. But I didn't care about that per se.

The reason I got down from the carriage is because I want to help her.

My reason?

The talk I had with the prince.

I told him that I wanted to become a good queen in the future and he told me that I should first help the lowest and then I can become a good queen.

Although I don't understand why he laughed after saying it.

I extended my hand to the girl, she looked at me hesitantly, so I encouraged her to do so.

"My name is Irislillya Lux Rosenthal, the second- the heir daughter of Duke Rosenthal."

"I ask you, would you like to come with me to make a change in this country? I promise you that I will achieve one day that there will be no more children like you on the streets."

"Please trust me."

The little girl looked at me confused with her blank stare, the exclusive maid came and asked me to come upstairs.

I waited a little while to see this little girl if she wished to come with me.

She slowly moved her hand and took my finger.

"Lili..."

"Excuse me?"

"Lilinda, my name is. Iris... sama."

I smiled after gently taking her hand.

"I see, Lilinda, that's a very pretty name."

"Let's go together, I guarantee I'll show you a better future than the one you see now."

She got up and we entered the carriage.

Explaining it to my parents was difficult, but I managed to convince them.

And just like that, before I knew it, I celebrated my 15th birthday.

❤❤❤

When I turned 15, it was time to leave for the royal academy.

The purpose of the academy is to promote the education of the children of nobles and merchants so that in the future they will support the country in different fields.

The reason for creating it came to the royal family generations ago as they copied it from the Arklight Empire.

"Iris-sama, your hair is ready."

"Thank you Liddy."

Liddy or rather, Lilinda Rapha Clarissa is the girl I picked up years ago and took her to the Duke's mansion.

I made sure she received high class care and education because she would become my exclusive servant upon entering the academy.

Exclusive servants are those who do their masters' personal chores and take them with them everywhere.

Liddy is a commoner girl, but working for a high status noble family she cannot be someone without rank.

That's why my father, using the duke's power, appointed her as an honorary knight or baronet. Even her surname was given to her by him, and as a bonus, it was me who suggested that name since that's what I called my doll.

In other words, she can have a middle name and a surname.

Genuine knights do not have middle names for reasons of fear that they may wish to rise up against the crown or nobles, but there are many respected for their exploits.

Middle names are something that stands out only among nobles, many merchants achieved high status and the royal family did not want to think that there was a possible rebellion to take the throne.

Only they were allowed to have a middle name, so they decided to change the laws a bit.

Those who have the name "Lux" are considered to be part of the royal family, meaning that they have blood from the royal family from at least 5 to 10 generations ago.

While those who are focused on politics or are ministers are granted the name "Noah". Only those who are of count rank and above can be ministers.

Unlike low-ranking nobles, ministers have no land and live in the capital or in some cities, so it is not uncommon for them to have a low-ranking noble as a vassal.

Leaving those like Liddy, the low ranking nobles. The name "Rapha" can only be used by honorary knights up to viscounts.

By the way, there are many "Rapha" in the post of ministers, even one of them became a marquis, that is due to the level of influence in their territory they managed to possess.

Returning to Liddy.

"Iris-sama, I've already packed all your things, what time do you wish to leave for the academy?"

"There's still time, I want to spend a little more time at home before I leave."

Liddy grew up to be a cheerful girl, before she was dirty and couldn't appreciate her features.

Her hair is a long yellowish green that reaches down her back, two buns of flesh in an attempt at pigtails and her eyes are a beautiful purple.

Liddy grew up to be a pretty little lady. So did I, and there's one detail we share besides being close friends.

And that is.

"If you'll excuse me, I'll go put my bags away too."

"Kyah!"

She tripped over her own feet.

I was already used to seeing her fall, what I'll never get used to is that.

"No! My underwear is in plain sight!"

Liddy's underwear is white with animal patterns, but for some reason her underwear shrinks and shows her bottom almost fully exposed, giving an erotic result for men.

No matter how many long skirts I ask her to wear, her butt always ends up in full view.

"I'm so sorry, Iris-sama!"

She got up, apologized and left, but that's where I saw it.

(They are huge.)

Liddy's breasts had grown to such a size that they were almost 100 centimeters.

I don't want to say it, but my breasts have grown so large that you could say I'm second only to Liddy in size.

They bother me a lot when I walk, when I change clothes and especially when I sleep.

"Enough, let's go enjoy the house one last time."

I walked over to the table and picked up the last gift my sister gave me, a brooch of a blue rose symbolizing the family crest of Duke Rosenthal.

And with that I said goodbye to home.

❤❤❤

We arrived at the academy without any problem, Liddy sat in the seats reserved for servants and I sat in the seats for nobles.

Before entering the academy, a special exam is held to review who is the most capable student in different determined areas.

The reason is because that student will be given the position of president of the student council.

Which is in charge of dealing between students and teachers.

Before we started with that revelation, the principal gave us the speech he gives every year.

I was excited to enter the academy.

I couldn't hear him at all, but I listened when he mentioned the prince coming to the front.

In the middle of the students an attractive young man stood up and walked to the podium.

He stood in the middle and greeted us all. His short hair was navy blue as were his sharp eyes.

"It is a pleasure to meet you all, I am the crown prince of this country. Karlheinz Lux Britannia."

"I look forward to spending the next few years with you and forming bonds for with everyone to have a better future for our nation."

Naturally, everyone applauded, in fact, he knew the speech by heart.

Prince Karlheinz is not good at speaking unprepared.

Down came the prince from the podium and the principal proceeded to name the best students.

Among them was someone whose name I didn't hear and that struck me as odd, but I didn't think anything of it.

"Rank number 3, with a total of 88 points on the tests, Miss Irislillya Lux Rosenthal."

I stood up and went to receive my certificate indicating my place on the board.

It's a shame I couldn't achieve second place, but I know who will be first.

It would be ridiculous if it wasn't him.

"In second place with 95 points, Prince Karlheinz."

"...!?"

We were all that shocked when we heard his name.

But the most shocking news was the first place.

"In first place, with a perfect score of 100 points...Miss Muriel Drole."

A girl with short dark brown hair stood up and walked to the dais, her appearance was normal as what I found out later.

She is the daughter of an upstart baron, that's why she has no middle name and her origin is still commoner despite everything.

I honestly don't understand how someone who surely had very low education, could she reach such high marks?

❤❤❤

Classes began and the first school year went on smoothly.

The only strange thing for me was that Prince Karlheinz for some reason barely spoke to me.

This was not unusual because he was not one for many words, but now he barely crosses words with me.

Maybe he is embarrassed that we passed in different classes and doesn't know how to talk to me.

I'll give him time to come and ask me to have tea.

"Iris-sama!"

Liddy came running towards me as usual, her big breasts jumping wildly and unable to stay in the same place.

"What's wrong?"

"I... I came running to inform you of something I heard."

"What is it?"

"I heard... that Prince Karlheinz is meeting secretly with Miss Muriel in the evenings."

"Yesterday a girl in his entourage said she saw them in the garden."

I felt a tight squeeze in my chest.

No, it couldn't be anything like that.

It would be as much an insult to the royal family and the duke's family as it would be to me where it is true.

I'll let it go, it must be just a rumor.

"Liddy, the prince is someone with great education to be doing such things."

"You should tell that girl to get her eyes checked, she probably saw other students."

"O-Okay."

I left Liddy and went to class.

(It's true. I'm the daughter of a duke, she's the daughter of an upstart baron.)

(The most her father will achieve is to become a viscount family in a couple of years.)

(Such a girl cannot even be a mistress of the future king. Not even the queen would allow it.)

Or so I thought until the end of the first school year came.

The party and dance to celebrate the closing was normal.

The prince danced with me one piece and then disappeared, he said he had a stomach ache and when I went out to the balcony to get some air after dancing with Liddy, I saw him.

I saw with my own eyes how the prince danced with that girl Muriel in the garden under the moonlight as if it was a romance novel.

A deep hatred was born in my heart.

❤❤❤

After returning to the academy at the beginning of the second school year, I immediately went to the female dormitory.

I went straight to a certain student's door and repeatedly rang the bell.

After a while I heard someone coming in after stumbling.

She opened the door and was on the floor.

I was staring at this girl, Muriel, as if she was an insect because she really looked like one as she was covered in dust.

"Good morning, Miss Muriel. I am Duke Rosenthal's daughter, Irislillya."

"May I take a minute of your time?"

"Emm, sure."

Her way of answering was rude. It sounded like she was speaking to a random friend.

In the world of nobles, manners are crucial and very important.

Did His Highness Karlheinz really dance with this low-class woman?

I entered her room and unlike mine which was tidy, hers was a pigsty.

I turned around and told her bluntly.

"I will be brief. Stay away from the prince for your sake."

"You may be a lower-class nobleman, but without a middle name you're like a commoner to us nobles."

"You may feel comfortable chatting with someone of high status, but let me tell you, you're doing it wrong."

"I heard that some girls started to tease you for being a commoner. Let me tell you that I'll talk to them so they won't bother you."

"That's all, if you'll excuse me I'll retire."

"I wish you a good school life and a prosperous future."

My anger was fading after releasing everything my heart was holding in.

"It's true, he was right."

I stopped as I heard something odd.

"Excuse me?"

I didn't understand what this girl was saying.

But as I turned my face, I could see a sinister smile on her face.

"It is as His Highness was saying, a hideous girl who puts nobles above those who serve them."

"A woman like you being queen will only bring misfortune to us all."

A blue streak marked itself on my forehead.

This girl wasn't just insulting me, she was slandering Prince Karlheinz with things he never said.

I moved closer to her so she could hear me clearly.

"Listen to me well, I will overlook your offense only if you apologize."

"But not to me, but to His Highness."

"You are putting words he never said in his mouth. That makes you look bad as a woman and as a person."

"All right."

She said she would regret it.

"Can I do it outside?"

"Outside? Why?"

"I want everyone to be present at my deposition."

"W-Well, I have no problem. I consider it unnecessary since this is a problem for the ladies to solve behind closed doors."

(Maybe commoners and lower-class nobles apologize like that.)

"One last thing, Miss Rosenthal."

"What is it?"

"Can you hold out your arms and open your hands?"

"... Like this?"

"I find it very strange to do this to give an apology-"

I reacted too late.

No, it was very silly, very stupid of me to be so naive.

Muriel opened the door and jumped down.

Some girls were passing by just then.

After falling to the ground, they all watched the scene where I couldn't defend myself even if I had evidence.

"How cruel you are, Irislillya-sama. Just because I had an innocent talk with Prince Karlheinz, you come to threaten me and also pity me like this."

I was trembling, my brain couldn't understand what happened.

(Why did this girl do that?)

(What can I say so they won't think I'm a horrible person?)

I couldn't think of anything but to run away.

It was pathetic to do so since I was proving her right.

But it was the first time in my life that I felt cornered and unable to do anything without needing help.

Anne onee-sama, is this what you lived through in your academy days?

Forgive me for not being a pillar of support for you back then.

❤❤❤

After that fateful event, my reputation in the academy was branded as that of an abuser of power.

I knew that there are children of nobles who hate the duke and seek to defame him at any cost.

But to be declared as "The duke's future is a girl who mistreats commoners. Will this country really be okay with such a woman as queen?".

I find that statement very hypocritical knowing that there are several nobles who hate commoners and use them as cheap labor, without pay in some cases.

"My parents have not said anything to me through the letters I write to them. I hope father is not having a hard time because of me."

"It's not your fault, Iris-sama. It's that Muriel girl's."

"I know you better than anyone and I know that you are the kindest and most caring person in the world."

"I am sure His Highness Prince Karlheinz will not believe these lies told to you."

I was locked in my room after finishing classes, Liddy is the only one who can comfort me.

"Thank you, Liddy. I can always count on you."

I hugged her because I needed some comfort.

She hugged me like a loving mother comforts her children.

"Hehehe, it's no big deal. I was just showing how much I appreciate you and believe in you."

"Even if you say that. I don't think Prince Karlheinz thinks so."

I undid the hug and looked Liddy in the eyes, she was clearly confused.

"What are you talking about, Iris-sama?"

"Ever since that day, the prince looks at me with a look of anger, almost hatred. Strange things have even happened."

"Some of her books are stolen, her clothes are burned, and she even falls to the ground when I pass by."

"All of the above have been done by girls who claim it was your work."

"My work?!"

"That I cannot accept, let alone believe!"

"I'll go talk to those girls right now!"

"They were expelled. It doesn't matter anymore."

"The weird thing is that they were all low-ranking nobles, so it's really weird that their families accepted their expulsion just like that."

(The weirdest thing, though, is that the family of the baron, Muriel's father, is not allowed to go near the royal family.)

(It is strictly forbidden for anyone of lower rank to speak near a member of the royal family, the reason being suspicion of attack mainly, or even enemy spying.)

Despite all these problems, the second year ended without any problems.

The odd thing was that the closing party for the school year was not held.

The palace had ordered that none be held for fear of a possible attack by the Arklight Empire.

The students returned home in fear.

We have only heard many rumors of that empire.

They all end with genocide and expropriated land.

I would have really preferred it had been an attack the reason they cancelled the dance.

I found out later from my father that the prince had asked to have a night to himself and Muriel alone.

My fiancé had cheated on me and was taking me away to be with another woman.

A rage grew in me to such a degree that my face described by many as very beautiful, was making an unpleasant expression like that of a rabid dog.

❤❤❤

The third and final school year had started with problems.

The problem is me.

As soon as I entered the academy, I went looking for that woman, Muriel.

I cornered her and told her several, I made it clear to her that she is just a commoner and should not go near the prince or high ranking nobles because it only creates problems.

Many were glad I told them that because I found out later that this girl has been visiting and flirting with several young nobles, some engaged and some not heirs.

This woman is a vulgar slut and that is what angers me more than anything else.

As I was shouting at her, he arrived to save her, Prince Karlheinz.

The prince reached over and removed my hand from her shoulder.

"Irislillya, may I know what you are doing to Muriel?"

Deep inside me, I wanted to slap him for being a shameless scoundrel.

But I couldn't, I wanted to, but I couldn't.

I sighed and calmed down.

"Your Highness. I was just telling this woman that she should moderate herself, there are a lot of bad rumors about her...and you most of all."

I emphasized that I know what she has been doing on the sly.

Prince Karlheinz, our future marriage is in danger if you want to have this woman as a mistress.

"That is why I am advising you that you should moderate yourself and stop harassing men. I understand that for you a simple girl like her is a rarity, but not because of that-"

At that moment, he slapped me.

That's right, in front of everyone, the daughter of a duke, the woman who would be his wife upon graduation from the academy.

He slapped me in front of everyone.

His eyes glared at me.

"Irislillya, I can't tolerate you talking about Muriel like that. I know what I did was wrong, and I deserve punishment, but you're no saint either."

"...!"

What is this idiot talking about?

"I know you've been bullying Muriel since the beginning of the school year, I know you've humiliated her, threatened her, and most of all you tried to kidnap her last year."

"...!"

Everything you say are fallacies, they are things without foundation or proof.

"Wait a moment Your Highness. Everything you say is..."

"I found this from one of the perpetrators, isn't this the handkerchief you were wearing until a year ago?"

The handkerchief he was holding in his hand was mine.

But, last year Liddy lost it as when she washed my clothes she said she misplaced it, I told her it was fine and it didn't matter.

What is it doing here?

A nobleman's handkerchief is special because it has the family crest embroidered on one corner, I don't make many originals because only family members need them.

For him to hold one of them in his hands...

Damn it!

This is clearly a trap of hers.

The chance of a scarf flying away is high, but for it to fall precisely into the hands of kidnappers I never knew is very convenient.

This woman just makes me look like a real villain.

"L-Let me explain, that right there has an explanation and it may seem strange to you, but it's the truth."

"Enough, I don't want to see your face until your ridiculous jealousy goes away."

"Let me escort you to your room, Muriel."

"Thank you, Prince Karlheinz."

The prince took the commoner's hand and they left together.

Why am I the one who ends up in the worst position every time?

❤❤❤

Since that day my situation with the prince has gone from bad to worse.

He doesn't talk to me anymore, he doesn't go to my social gatherings or tea parties, he just ignores me and spends time with that woman.

Even my own entourage has abandoned me because they say I am a bad influence on them.

Today was special, it was the closing day of the academy for the third year students.

Many would think that I am graduating after this dance.

But no, it turns out that the academy has a 5-year school system.

We start at 15 to come to the academy and graduate at 20.

The first three years for many are free because they pay nothing, but the next two years are very expensive as the palace makes the parents pay a large amount of money because in these two years different and unique classes on economics, politics and trade treaties are given.

That is why the children of barons and viscounts only study for three years.

The next two years will undoubtedly be very hard.

"Oh, what a surprise to run into you."

"You're right, I didn't expect to see her yet."

I turned around at the sound of those unpleasant voices.

Two young men of high nobility were standing behind me.

One of them had short hair and light blue eyes, he was the young promise of magic, the son of Marquis Rodman. Robert Lux Rodman.

At his side was a young skirt chaser who is considered a prodigy of the sword, the son of a foreign marquis, Paul Sarah Robson.

Let his long hair and purple eyes hidden under his glasses fool no one, this guy looks like a woman because he's more of a gossip than a girl.

I sighed due to the fact that these two guys are really heavy, since the second school year they have started to make fun of me, they even didn't miss the opportunity to take advantage of what has happened to me.

"First let me congratulate you, Irislillya-sama."

"For what?"

"For your dress, the girls I've seen don't compare to your beauty."

"Thank you. Anything else?"

Robert was always sarcastic, but Paul was the teasing one, only not now.

"Irislillya-sama."

"Yes?"

"Please don't cry."

"...?"

Paul said that and turned away, Robert looked at him in confusion and backed away as well.

"What's wrong with both of you?"

Robert was acting normal, but Paul wasn't.

Never mind, let's get this dance over with.

I'm sure that idiot prince will do something stupid.

I walked into the ballroom and something weird happened.

The music stopped and everyone was looking at me.

Down the stairs was the prince with that woman.

As he was halfway downstairs, he raised his voice and said.

"Finally you show yourself, Irislillya."

"Is something wrong, Your Highness?"

"Don't play the fool!"

"Today you will pay for your misdeeds done to poor Muriel."

A vulgar looking nobleman approached the prince, I knew that nobleman, he was one of those who hate and envy my father.

He was handed a parchment and began to say nonsense.

"This is a list of things you have done to her just because she is a commoner from a family of low nobility."

Everything he said was false.

Even new things were added.

The worst of all was the last one.

"To top it off, today which was a sacred day for all of us, you sullied it with your sick jealousy."

"You had your entourage break into Muriel's room, burn her dress and then threatened to sell her to a brothel."

"How low can you stoop as a woman?"

I was beginning to lose patience, that was all untrue.

"Hold on a moment Your Highness. Everything you say is false."

"Are you saying that the investigation conducted by the royal palace is a fake?"

(It can't be.)

(He caught me.)

Insinuating that the royal palace is wrong is a sign of rebellion against the royal family.

Saying they are wrong is a protest that can end not only with the execution of the person involved, but also his or her family.

But has the palace actually investigated this?

If so, then I've got it all figured out.

The reason for this nonsense and about that woman.

"Your Highness, I'm not saying the palace is wrong, I'm saying it's a mistake by someone who is undoubtedly against the duke's family."

"You think so?"

"Of course. Bringing the duke's family into disrepute is something many corrupt nobles want, I'm sure that woman is part of them, it's the only explanation!"

"How cruel you are, Irislillya-sama, Prince Karlheinz, she hurts me so much!"

That woman clung to the prince.

He placed his hand on her shoulder very affectionately, that made me angrier than ever.

"You see!"

"You only say meaningless things to attack Muriel, besides if it were true about your family."

"That would affect only the duke and not your image."

"That's why it's an attack on my family, you big idiot!"

"...!"

I realized too late what I did.

I had just called the crown prince of the country an idiot.

As expected, he got angry.

"Your insolence ends here, Irislillya!"

"Therefore, with the authority I have as the crown prince of this country."

His next words, stabbed a dagger into my heart.

"As of this moment, I break my engagement to you, Irislillya Lux Rosenthal."

I didn't care that I no longer married him, I cared about all the preparation I went through for this moment.

"I cannot betroth a vile, hideous woman who acts out of absurd jealousy, do you think you deserve to be queen with that personality?"

"Who knows what horrors you will do when you have power?"

"That is why I declared that the only woman who can stand by my side is only Muriel Drole."

"...!"

I really expected that, but not how I thought it would happen.

"Your Highness, what you are doing is an offense not only to me or you! To the royal family and to the ducal family!"

"Silence, you ignorant woman!"

"I don't want to listen to you anymore! I don't want to see you anymore!"

"I always thought it was a prison to be with a woman I didn't love, but thanks to you, I found that Muriel is the ideal woman for me."

"Your Highness!"

"Enough of your sick jealousy!"

"Guards. Take that woman away."

The guards came running and placed handcuffs.

As if I were a vile criminal, they kicked me out of the dance and out of the academy.

I was locked up in the campus jail until Liddy came for me as she brought with her a letter from the Duke.

My life can't get any worse than this.

❤❤❤

After being released, I went straight home.

This could not stay like this.

"Father, we need to talk urgently!"

"M-Mason-sama, please listen to your daughter."

As I opened the office door, a middle-aged man stared at a box.

It was my older sister in her golden years.

The man with short blond hair and green eyes is my father. Mason Lux Rosenthal, the only duke in the country.

Why was he the only duke?

According to history, there is a possibility of the royal family being overthrown by traitors or neighboring countries. A duke is a nobleman with blood lineage to royalty.

Every few generations an engagement is made between the prince and the duke's daughter.

In some countries they have as many as two or three dukes, but in the Arklight Empire it is the most exaggerated of all because there are seven dukes.

It is certainly what you would expect from a power.

I greeted my father by lifting the corners of my skirt, Liddy did too after watching me.

My parents since the day of my sister's death have been distant. My mother just spends locked up drinking in her room while my father barely comes home from work.

His eyes finally turned their attention to me.

"Iris, it must have been painful, right?"

I wanted to cry, but a duke's daughter must not show weakness.

"That's right. Please, Father."

"Ask the royal palace to punish Prince Karlheinz."

"This is an offense to us all."

"I can no longer be his wife after what happened. I don't want to marry a man as idiotic and manipulative as he is!"

"Iris..."

Father walked over and handed me a letter.

I opened it and after reading its contents I collapsed on the floor.

"Iris-sama!?"

"...Is this true?"

"I'm afraid so."

I handed Liddy to read the letter and she too was horrified.

"How cruel this is."

The contents in short were "I want you to pay for your crimes against my beloved, which is why I spoke to my father to have you sent to a convent or exiled."

Can the prince really be so wretched to me?

Worst of all, this was approved by the palace. I refuse to believe that the queen approved this.

Knowing that she wanted me as her daughter-in-law, I don't believe this was possible.

"It is signed by the king, but some said it was a severe punishment and so it only remained that you would go away for at least the next two years."

"...?"

"You will go to study at the Saint Kimberly Academy for Girls located on the border with the Holy Duchy."

"The girls' academy you say?!"

"Are you serious father, you can't let them exile me using this technicality!"

My father's voice was weak as he replied.

"I'm so sorry, my child. But for some time now, your father the duke has had a quarrel with the king, even the nobles who supported me are starting to leave."

"My influence is on the same level as that of a count."

"It can't be... What about the queen?"

"Her Majesty the queen is not here, she went out to perform official duties at the border."

"Iris. I can only tell you to hold on and wait for the queen to arrive."

"I don't want to lose you too."

He hugged me, it has been a long time since that day he gave me one last hug.

"Lilinda, take good care of my daughter."

"Y-Yes! I will protect her with my life if I have to."

I have nothing left to do but hope that the queen will sort this out for me.

❤❤❤

With the matter cleared up, I packed my things and headed for the border to go the quickest way to get to the girls' academy.

"This really is a punishment."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"No matter how you look at it, Liddy. This is punishment from heaven to me."

"First my sister, now my engagement, and I'm about to be banished."

"I feel as if someone has cast a sinister curse upon me."

"Please don't say such things. Iris-sama is a good person."

"The nicest person I've ever met."

"You are someone kind, with values, a lot of education and above all refined manners."

"That girl Muriel is the opposite."

"Your Highness Karlheinz is a great fool to leave a girl like you for a commoner like her."

I smiled as I watched Liddy try to cheer me up.

"Thank you, Liddy."

"I'll always be with you to support you."

I let my head rest on the carriage window and looked out at the local flora.

"By the way, is it taking so long to go to the holy city?"

"Said the carriage driver who had to take a detour. Apparently an incident happened at the border."

"An incident?"

"An enemy attack."

"Waah, how awful to hear that."

"But doesn't that put us in a bad situation?"

"What do we do if we're attacked by a monster?"

"The official roads are supposed to be safe because bandits and monsters have been repelled."

"The driver said there is an amulet that scares away monsters and wild animals. Apparently to them it smells just like dung."

"I-I see. I didn't need to know that, thank you very much for saying so."

"By the way Iris-sama."

"...?"

"Don't give up on love."

"Huh?"

Liddy really was unpredictable.

"I'm sure one day you'll find a better man than that foolish prince who left you for another woman. He just wasn't your ideal man and a much better one will appear for you."

I laughed a little at her innocence.

"Liddy, that won't happen."

"Why, don't be a pessimist please!"

"A woman abandoned by her fiancé is a taboo for everyone. It means that woman will end up stabbing the man who tries to marry her."

"It's an urban legend of something that happened years ago. It spread everywhere and now when the woman ends up dumped by her ex-fiancé, she's automatically labeled as dangerous."

"Even some nobles wouldn't seek them out since it implies that their family lost status. And it's funny that's happening to me."

(In my hands is the future of the duchy. We were to have at least two sons, my second son would be in charge of the territory and the eldest would be the future king.)

(I can't let the future of the duchy end up in the wrong hands just because I'm single and criticized by everyone.)

Again Liddy tried to motivate me.

"Iris-sama, I-"

But at that moment the carriage slammed on the brakes and I hit my head hard and fainted.

It was only a few seconds, but when I opened my eyes, I could see Liddy hugging me while crying.

When I was about to ask her what was going on.

"It's bandits! Iris-sama, we're being attacked by bandits!"

"...?!"

(Bandits near a forest inhabited by monsters?)

(That's very strange.)

The shouts from outside stopped and abruptly the door was opened.

Being covered by the sunlight, a man of hideous appearance was visible.

"Boss, you were right. Here they are."

"Get them out of there."

Said another voice.

He entered the carriage and grabbed Liddy.

"No, Liddy!"

"Hey, you're coming too."

Another guy came in and grabbed me by my hair.

We were both thrown to the ground.

The surroundings had all the knights and even the driver like dead horses on the ground.

This was an ambush, it couldn't possibly be a fluke.

There were a dozens of them, they were armed with bows, swords and knives.

Someone was walking in my direction and bent down to grab my hair.

"Who are you?"

His appearance was average. No, average was offensive to call him that.

He was a young man with skin not at all healthy for how pale he was, dry pink hair and an oily face.

I didn't know if he had pimples or freckles on his face, but I could recognize his scrawny body and beer belly at first glance.

I heard from him.

"You're Griffin, aren't you?"

"Baron Olston's son."

He was quiet for a moment and then began to laugh.

"Hahahaha she figured it out! This bitch is really smart."

(Did he just call me a bitch?)

(To a nobleman's daughter he treated her like she was just a random?)

Griffin pulled my hair more and his stinky breath like yellow teeth were in full view.

"Apparently I'm not supposed to hide my identity, even though I didn't want to."

"It's like you say bitch, I'm the great Griffin Rapha Olston-sama, remember that well."

"What's your objective? Don't you know what will happen to you and your father for attacking a duke's daughter?"

He exhaled his putrid breath and sneered his hideous smile.

"So what?"

"Baron Olston is not afraid of either of you, my father if he wishes can finish yours, but he is not interested yet."

"I'm here because of a customer request, not because of my father."

"Client?"

For no apparent reason he kicked me hard in the belly.

"Hey bitch, when a man is talking you should listen to him, didn't they teach you that, huh?"

"Griffin-sama, you shouldn't do that, your father will get mad."

"It's okay, the old man won't get mad since it was just a slight bump on his belly, I can say he got hit inside the carriage and it's settled."

"More importantly, let's go now, this forest is inhabited by hell bears and it would be bad to run into them."

"Take your filthy hands off Iris-sama!"

Liddy was being held by some guys, she was trying to get free, but they put their feet on her back.

It's true that man has more strength than a woman, but this is unfair, this is a situation where we can't save ourselves by ourselves.

Griffin for some reason looked at Liddy and then at me.

His nasty grin grew much bigger.

"We only need the Duke's bitch, no one else."

"...!"

"For that reason..."

(Stop.)

(Don't you dare.)

(Please don't.)

"You bastards, listen to me well."

"I know I promised you some bitches by the time we get back home after the job is done, but I'll go a little early."

"The blonde here is not to be touched by anyone, she is the property of the client who paid a large amount for her chastity. But the maid is another matter."

"We can have as much fun with her as we want."

The men... rather, the animals pretending to be men rejoiced.

Liddy's once angry face began to change to one of fear.

"Thank you very much young master. It's been a long time since I've enjoyed a young girl."

"Hey, look at those tits. They're super huge."

"Will she be a virgin? If so, I want to try her first."

"What are you filthy lizards talking about?"

Griffin kicked them all hard and then turned to Liddy, placing his hand on her pants.

"The great Griffin-sama will honor you with receiving his seed. There are already many peasant women in the territory who have received it, but you will be the first to receive it without threatening her family."

"Iris-sama! Please help me!"

"Liddy! Liddy! Liddyyyyyyyyyyyyy!"

Tears began to stream down my cheeks and hers.

His hand moved to her clothes and roughly ripped them, her bra was exposed.

To top it off, one of these animals was not holding on.

He moved over to me and ripped my dress as he pressed my head to the floor.

"Don't worry, the boss said no one touches you, but he didn't say anything about these high quality tits not being touched."

"Wuhu! I love nobility bitches who think they're better than peasants like me."

I didn't care what happened to me, but with Liddy it's different.

If this is a punishment towards me, I will accept it without hesitation.

But Liddy is not to blame, she is innocent.

(Please, great goddess, Erin-sama.)

(Save my friend, that's all I ask of you.)

It was at that moment, where the sky heard my plea.

I watched as a small rock came flying down and shattered the skull of the man above me.

His body fell to the side and that caught the attention of the other bandits.

They all turned to the direction where some footsteps were coming from.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey. Do you think you're so manly for cornering a nobleman?"

"Ah, they're women. Well, do they think they're men for cornering some girls?"

"Trash will always be trash."

"Well, don't worry, we're here to bury your crap you call life."

"By the way, I don't care about the cliché that they're rednecks or didn't have a choice. There are no human rights idiots here to prevent what I will do to you."

"Master, I didn't understand anything you said, but it sure was pretty incredible."

"It is."

Crossing through a bush, a beast girl with black hair and golden eyes was standing next to a young man with a stocky body and an average face.

Her black hair wasn't unusual, but her pitch-black eyes were.

Griffin became angry and shouted for them to be killed.

"What are you waiting for!? Kill those idiots!"

He wanted to yell at them to go away.

But before doing so, the black-haired boy pressed hard on the ground, generating a slight tremor and buried his fist in the face of the bandit who ran first.

I could observe the grotesque scene of how his nose and jaw were caved in and blood like teeth splattered everywhere.

The beast girl was not far behind, she leapt at the throat of one and sank her teeth into his neck, ripping him as if he were a fruit.

They began to easily defeat the bandits.

Griffin fell to the ground and peed from fear, Liddy ran to hug me.

I wanted to tell her that everything happened, but I don't know who these people are.

From the hidden carriage came out a big clay-skinned man.

"Milim, go get him!"

"Aye, aye."

I heard one of the bandits about who he was.

"Hahaha, party's over for you idiots."

"He's a pugilist from the Mimi tribe, they can't beat someone who fought in many small scale wars."

"Master, that black guy is giving me a dirty look, can I kill him?"

"As you wish."

The wolf girl took a big leap and with a kick sank part of the pugilist's head.

He staggered and with half a shattered skull fell to the ground.

"How weak."

She said as she wiped the blood from her foot on it.

The bandits all fled except Griffin.

He was scared.

The black haired boy comes up to him and says.

"Tell me, where's the manhood you were bragging so much about, huh?"

"You think having something between your legs makes you a man?"

"A scumbag like you deserves to die in the worst possible way."

He grabbed him by the face and lifted him up like it was nothing.

(He lifted a person up like it was nothing.)

(Who is he?)

Griffin used the only card he had left.

"You, don't you know who my daddy is?"

"He's an influential and terrifying man."

"You won't be able to live in peace anymore if you kill me. He treasures me very much and I can forgive you if you go away and give me that wolf girl over there."

"That's not a bad deal, is it?"

The boy spat in his face and then began to squeeze Griffin's head firmly.

It looked as if he grabbed an orange and squeezed it with all his might.

"... Wait..."

"Please..."

"I won't do it again, I swear."

"Who's your father?"

The boy asked.

"Baron Olston."

"I see. Well, I don't give a shit about you and your father."

"Bye-bye."

With those mocking words, the boy squeezed Griffin's skull so hard that he managed to make the back of it generate a crack and all the blood was ejected out of it.

I watched Griffin's last moments and could feel nothing but happiness to see that the one who was going to ruin Liddy's life was dead.

His body fell to the ground and then the boy wiped himself on it.

"Master, some escaped through the forest."

"Leave them, the bodybuilder bears will kill them as soon as they find them."

"More importantly..."

He approached us and held out his hand.

I was scared, I looked into his eyes terrified, but instead of finding fear, I found calm.

"We are adventurers and we were close, it's all over now."

"Are you all right?"

It was at that moment where my life changed forever, where the flower thrown into the swamp was saved by the simpleton knight named Razel.

To start the fanservice we begin with Iris. Being honest, I would have liked Eli to have those curls, but Eli lost the prestige of a rich girl for many years so it's useless that.

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/7307880

0