Chapter 6 ─ Vs. Red Spider
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The volume and the arc are nearing the end.

The climax of this volume finally begins.

The moment of truth, the meeting between Iris and Razel that marks the beginning of hope or tragedy will be something that dictates the future.

Returning a couple of hours before Razel's attack on the feudal lord's mansion began.

Liddy was waking up to prepare breakfast for her mistress.

Her pajamas were ordinary, but when she wore them she became a bombshell of sensuality.

Her pants were down, showing her white underwear on those wide hips.

The buttons on her shirt were all undone and only two buttons kept her breasts from being free.

Her hair was a mess.

They slept in adjoining rooms.

Unlike Liddy who woke up an erotic mess, Iris was more decent.

A fine work of art she was when she slept.

Those golden curls were just like a curtain falling on the stage.

"Iris-sama, wake up. I'll go make you breakfast."

"Umm. Let me sleep."

"Iris-sama, don't tickle you."

"... Give me five minutes."

"All right. I'll go take a bath until you wake up."

"Have a good trip."

Liddy went to the bathroom while she was still sleeping.

But in reality she had been awake for a while, she just didn't want to wake up.

Yesterday she received some news that left her feeling very discouraged.

(I don't ever want to get out of bed.)

◇◇◇

Breakfast was served and without minimal effort Iris was feeding her small bites.

Liddy seeing her as she was not chewing happily on her favorite dish, understood that something was wrong with her.

"Iris-sama, is something wrong?"

"Not really. It's just boredom."

"..."

Liddy had an idea after hearing her say she was bored.

"Iris-sama, how about we go shopping?"

"Shopping for makeup and dresses always liked you. I'm sure some famous brand store must be in town."

"..."

"We can also stretch our legs. We've been cooped up here since we got here and I'm sure you're sick of being here."

"I guess so. Let's finish breakfast."

Uninterestedly Iris uttered those words.

◇◇◇

"By the way Iris-sama, a letter from your father hasn't arrived yet."

"It's certainly strange that otou-sama hasn't responded."

"But I'm sure it's because the mail is so slow."

"Do you remember when you were late for a servant's party just because they didn't want to give you the invitation in person and did it through a courier?"

"Oh! I remember it well. They were really cruel to me."

"Hahahaha."

The girls were in the rich neighborhood having a good time.

Iris's mind of what happened seems to be slowly getting better.

Because they were just out to have a good time, they didn't notice that there was someone following them several meters behind.

Both girls went to a park to rest, seeing that their mistress improved a little, Liddy asked her.

"Iris-sama, are you feeling better?"

"Umm?"

"Since yesterday when you got out of the hospital you look like you want to cry non-stop."

"Was the fare more expensive?"

"Or is it something you can't tell me?"

Seeing her friend's concern, Iris thought about it.

(Liddy, you really are a wonderful person.)

(I want to tell someone this to get it off my chest. But I know it would be worse knowing there's a deadline.)

"It's nothing Liddy. It's just that lately I think a lot about what happened at the academy and so remembering that I'm going to a new school, it makes me really sick."

The sincere smile she was showing her was a very fake one at first glance.

(Sorry Liddy, I'll try to improve my mood at least.)

It was there that Iris noticed something.

"Weren't there more people until recently? Where do they-?"

"...!"

Quickly a leather bag covered the sight of both of them and as if they were bird food they gobbled them up completely.

Quickly the masked men alerted the people fleeing the park not to open their mouths.

They loaded the girls who were screaming for help into the carriage and then disappeared.

◇◇◇

After a couple of minutes, both girls were seated in a chair each and had their leather bags removed.

"What's wrong? What's going on?"

Liddy asked terrified looking at everything with confusion.

Iris on the other hand tried to remain calm and looked at several hooded figures.

Among them, there was one sitting in a corner.

He stood up and walked towards Iris introducing himself.

"I cordially show my regards to the duke's daughter. Irislillya-sama."

"I am the leader of the Black Spider. Gelt, the Red Spider."

Said the man in the red mask in the shape of an ogre.

"May I ask what you wish of us?"

"By the fact that you know my name, it means that you are aware of my situation. Do you want money from my father?"

"If so. Let me tell you that you made a mistake."

"Kidnapping the duke's daughter and wanting to extort money from him is a crime punishable by death."

"That's right. We are the biggest criminal group around. Our influence is small but our achievements are well recognized."

"But we brought you here at the request of our client."

The door opened and three men entered.

The hooded ones were Geld and Gelmud, while the man of medium height like his weight, middle age and bad looking white hair was someone Iris knew.

"Count Bronson?!"

"It's nice to see you again after a long time, Irislillya-sama, no, Iris-chan."

The man was the feudal lord, Gaelius Rapha Bronson.

Iris has known him since she was a little girl because he at that time was her father's right hand man in the palace.

As the duke was an important minister, he needed help and Count Bronson was the most capable of all.

One day, it was discovered that small but large sums of money were missing from the palace budget.

An investigation was made and it all fell out that the duke was responsible.

But since that was impossible, the duke himself took it upon himself to check every document that dealt with missing money.

That was the reason why he gave his daughter a severe blow when she was a child.

The day after that event, Duke Mason found the culprit.

The count himself, his right-hand man, was the one who stole small sums of money every year and that value was increasing until it became a great economic loss.

He was brought to trial and without a second's hesitation, the duke convicted him of corruption and Count Bronson was prosecuted for it, losing his lands as punishment.

He vowed revenge on the man who sold him out and now found himself here.

"Haven't you brought enough shame into your life that you now kidnap people?"

"You see Iris-chan. There are two reasons I brought you here."

He held up his finger and said the first one.

"Naturally, it's revenge against the duke for not lending me a hand when I've helped him so much. Couldn't he accuse someone else? What did it cost him to say it was some old man of baron rank so he could be brought to trial and not me?"

"He is a bad employer. Besides, that I deserved that money, my salary was very low, I couldn't afford any luxuries and he bought you expensive things!"

"You can't imagine how resentful I was to see you getting expensive jewelry and dresses. All that money thrown away, but at least you're pretty and it's forgiven."

Now he held up his second finger and Iris was horrified to hear it.

"The second reason is because I wish to marry you."

"...!"

He sat down at the table, close to her to admire her.

"At first I had no idea how to get even with him, I was on the street for several years and working to keep my title was costly. But then I heard of your sister's death and that the prince left you."

"Right now there must be many vultures offending and slandering your father for what happened. Truly the situation of your family is very sad."

"It was then that I had the brightness to marry you!"

"I will obtain the dukedom so that there will be an heir, I will save the duke from humiliation since I have several acquaintances among those who hate him and will shut up as soon as I tell them."

"And finally, since I managed to obtain a noble title abroad by selling information. Gaelius Zai Bronson will be the most powerful duke that ever lived in the country."

"Don't you think that's wonderful Iris-chan? Your future husband is an exceptional man, isn't it wonderful to know that you will have the children of a great man?"

"Oh. And don't worry, your maid can be my mistress, although I would prefer a sex slave, I want you to be happy, first of all."

"How about my plan? I bet you can't keep your happiness in hearing it?"

Thereupon, Iris gave a spit on Gaelius' cheek.

"Fuck you asshole!"

"What's with all that theater you've created in your head?"

"It's really repulsive, it makes me sick just listening to it."

"You're really sick in the head if you think a guy like you would come near me and even worse, that I'd have your cowardly children."

"I'd rather die than sleep with a scum of a man like you! No. You're not even a man, you're a coward, the kind of coward who runs away in the face of real problems!"

Gaelius grabbed Iris' neck, applying pressure with his slender hand.

"Listen to me well, you high-class harlot."

"Don't think you're so much just because you're the duke's daughter."

"You're a mere woman. You're lucky I like big-breasted, fine women like you."

"If it weren't for that, I wouldn't even look at you."

He leaned close to her ear to whisper.

"Better do it the easy way, or else your friend will have a hard time. Don't think no one saw her body, there are a lot of guys here who haven't touched a woman in years."

After hearing his repulsive blackmail.

Iris started to cry.

"Iris-sama?"

Iris prioritized Liddy's life over her own.

"That's fine. But my father has the final say."

"In the end Duke Rosenthal can take away my title of heiress even if I am his only daughter and then have a child with my mother."

"Wonderful, Iris-chan!"

"You are a clever woman as well as beautiful."

Count Bronson licked his cheek where Iris's saliva was.

She was so disgusted that she bit her tongue to avoid showing any negative reaction.

"Hey, bring the documents."

The men in the room came out, immediately followed by Geld and Gelmud as well after they whispered something to them.

After a while, a servant arrived and brought some documents and left.

"Iris-chan, I'm going to untie you, I need you to use your dominant hand and sign."

Iris had no choice, she had to listen to him.

There was no one here who could save them.

Iris began to read the document before signing it. At that, her eyes filled with hatred.

"Is this a joke?"

"Why? I told you that you would also benefit from being my wife."

"It says here that my only job would be to wait for you with my legs open all day and have all your children. What the hell do you think women are!?"

"Do you even know the foundation of our country and the United Kingdom?"

He looked at her for the first time with eyes of distaste.

"So what?"

"Just because our country was founded attached to the Holy Duchy by a woman. Do you think that means women have any weight at all?"

"The queen of this country like the queen of the duchy are just females who exist to spread their legs. There is no more value to women than that."

"You are wrong!"

"Women can do the same as men. Not in everything, but there are many women who managed to be great ministers and businesswomen. Even the strongest knight in this country is a woman that no man can defeat."

He became angry because of her words.

In this country that belongs to a faction from many centuries ago called the Aristocratic Union, they created the United Kingdom of Albion where the Kingdom of Britannia, the Holy Duchy and one more kingdom are the representatives of this alliance.

All of them are related to the same story of a woman being responsible for their foundation.

But for many men, just because a woman gave them an order, it was sacrilege. Many even wanted them to be stripped of their rights and be nothing more than human incubators.

Count Bronson grabbed her neck again and shouted at her.

"So what of that? All that is useless when you have power, and you will even have more power when we marry since I am a regular client of Baron Olston."

"...!?"

"He has connections with many nobles, with many powerful men, not only in this country but in other countries as well."

"He wants to try to make connection with the dark side of the Arklight Empire to receive their benefits, and even with 'them' as well, that's why we don't need nonsense that a woman can do the same as a man."

"So..."

Iris tried to wriggle out of his grasp, but she couldn't.

Her voice was so strong that even bound, it was a threat.

"All the more reason not to leave my family's legacy in your filthy hands. Worst of all, you're a traitor, with scum like you in the position of head of the house, it would be destroyed quickly."

He looked at Gelt, whispered something mysterious.

"I will tell you this for your sake. Very soon something will happen in this country, and when that happens, you'll wish you had become my wife."

"I'm not kidding. These guys aren't chatterboxes, besides remember there is such a thing as worse than spiders."

He withdrew his mouth and waited for the answer.

Iris's eyes showed a determination that even threats won't quench.

"No thanks. As long as I live, I will always be a righteous person who will not sell out to the corrupt like you. Even if I have to die for my beliefs."

Hearing the same dialogue, the duke said when he imprisoned him, Count Bronson burst out in anger.

"I've had enough of you!"

He lunged at her.

"If you won't be my wife by hook or by crook I'll do it by crook."

"I'll make sure no man touches you after what I'll do to you. You'll have my children whether you want them or not."

"No! Dead first!"

"Leave Iris-sama alone please!"

"Silence you too! I'll give you my children too after I'm done with her!"

He knocked Liddy to the ground as he pushed her, this caused her chair to break and the ropes were a bit loose as they were tied to the chair.

At that moment, Gelt heard strange sounds coming from outside.

"Hmph?"

"Why is there so much commotion outside?"

Count Bronson ripped Iris's blouse a little, leaving her pink bra exposed.

At the sight of her breasts, blood trickled down over her nose.

Iris scoffed at him.

"What's wrong?"

"Don't tell me you're one of those virgins who blushes when talking to a woman?"

"That's pathetic. And so you want to force yourself on me, as a man you're a poor excuse."

The veins in his face indicated that he was fed up with her.

As Gelt approached the door to see what the commotion was.

*Breaking*

The door was opened abruptly and some pieces flew out.

Everyone could a jet black figure entering the place.

"Huh? You two again?"

Razel said as he saw Iris and Liddy.

Iris recognized his voice and eyes.

"Ra-"

She was about to shout his name when Liddy said.

"Careful!"

Gelt approached Razel with a sharp knife, Razel quickly gave him a three move kick and he went flying into the wall, shattering it as if the thick wood was paper.

Razel observed the situation and deduced the following.

*Sigh*

"How many times am I going to have to save you both?"

He took off his mask and showed his face, unlike the confused Iris, Liddy showed happiness at the sight of it.

"Razel-sama, I'm glad to see you!"

"Sama? Why do I feel like I see a different version of Cordelia in you?"

"Never mind."

"Hey, ghost-face, how long do you plan to stay on top of her?"

Razel approached Count Bronson who was startled by the sight of him.

"Among all present you are the only one who wears fine clothes. Surely you are the feudal lord. Very well, I have business to attend to with you as well—"

After taking a step until they reached him, from the ground a strange brown circle was formed from where hands came out and sucked Razel.

Everyone watched as he disappeared into the ground.

Unexpectedly, Count Bronson stands up and grabs Iris and then lifts her up on his shoulder, he was using magic power to lift her up.

"If you don't want it the easy way, the hard way you shall be. I won't let anyone take what's mine."

He ran off with Iris immediately.

"Liddy!"

"Iris-sama!"

Liddy struggled and took off the ropes that bound her, she went after them.

But. where will Razel be?

◇◇◇

After being dragged into a puddle of sorts.

Razel realized where he was.

Everything around him looked like the bottom of a pond, even seaweed lay on the ground.

But the water in the place was very stinky and brown.

(A swamp here?)

Razel was dragged into a swamp.

Just like a shark, Gelt was approaching from behind at high speed.

He pulled out two sharp blades spinning at high speed like saws.

"I will repay you in spades for the humiliation you did to me."

"Make your enemy the leader of the Black Spider. To Gelt the Red Spider, that's your worst mistake you could have made!"

Gelt was born into a poor family, so poor that they couldn't even afford clothes.

One day, his father told him that he was going to work and that he needed his help, his father was a bandit.

They robbed people on the road and robbed them, some they killed for pure pleasure because they hated people who were better off than them.

Gelt wasn't even his name, it was a meaningless word he said as a child. His appearance was normal like the others, but he had a scar around his nose and his black hair looked like it was made of dreadlocks.

Being in a family of criminals, his only path was organized crime.

But that happy life of crime would not last forever.

One day the knights came to execute all the people in the ghetto. The reason was revenge.

Several rich merchants complained about the losses and the palace had to take immediate action.

It did not matter whether such a person was an adult or a child, old or female, guilty or not.

All were mercilessly eliminated.

Then he discovered his magic power. The wet ground beneath his feet sank and he was buried alive.

But he did not die as he teleported to a distant wet ground.

He discovered that his ability was to turn any area where he had laid his hands and turn it into a swamp thanks to his magical attributes of water and earth.

Thanks to this, Gelt was able to become a renowned criminal despite being so young.

He founded a criminal group called the Black Spiders because when he was a child, everyone made fun of the fact that his hair looked like spider legs.

He wanted to be the spider that surpassed all other spiders. That's why he called himself the Red Spider.

He recruited members and became a leader, under the care of many nobles he was able to practice the profession he loved.

And now that profession was in crisis thanks to a guy out of nowhere.

"Die!"

Razel was trying to swim to the surface, but the portal closed.

"It is useless for you to try to flee. I manipulate this environment to my will."

"My will is to create this place and you can never escape!"

Gelt gave Razel some intense slashes, but thanks to his coat made of slime and queen spider web, the attacks were useless.

Gelt noticed this.

"Apparently you have a way to avoid my cuts. But that won't do you any good."

"I'll keep you here while you suffocate to death. Instead, I'll..."

Unlike Razel who couldn't move much because of the density of the water, Gelt had practiced for so many years here that he looked like a fish in water.

He went outside to take in oxygen.

Razel saw that he could actually open portals at will.

(There is a ceiling in the place where he came out. It looks like a warehouse because of the shelves with food.)

(That means we are in a subway swamp located at the bottom of the mansion.)

Razel was not wrong, but in reality it was not a real swamp. It was an artificial swamp created by Gelt.

Victory for him was a long way off if he couldn't get some oxygen, however little.

(Do you have any idea what to do, Astraea?)

Inside Razel's subconscious, a beautiful woman with blood-red eyes and long hair came into view. She was the queen of the vampires.

"It's a bit complicated to fight here. I'm analyzing the situation."

(I need all the help I can get. I've been here for a minute already, soon I'll start feeling dizzy from lack of oxygen.)

"You need to get that idiot."

"Create a distraction and knock him out to escape."

(Any ideas?)

"Do you know how whirlpools are formed in water?"

(...!)

Immediately after hearing a possible plan, Gelt went back inside, but this time leaving the portal open.

"Come on!"

"You'll soon run out of oxygen. You have only one chance, as long as I am here, such a chance will never happen."

Gelt understood that defeating with weapons won't work against Razel, so he decided to drown him to finish him off.

A cruel and clever way for someone who makes such a living.

Razel swam to the surface, but not before activating his Raijin again.

(Raijin phase 2.)

Simulating the form of a tiger, Razel swam to the surface with his limbs hitting the water and pushing himself at great speed.

Gelt seeing him decided to have some fun with him.

"Hahaha. This is the best you can do?"

He began to swim in circles so that the sea suction would pull Razel into the depths of the swamp.

Razel began to spit out bubbles as he began to show dizziness from lack of oxygen.

Gelt only had to wait a little longer and he had won.

But he decided to be reckless and started spinning quickly so that he would lose consciousness faster.

Then Razel using his limbs like cat paws, started spinning faster.

"What?!"

Gelt saw that Razel used the makeshift whirlpool to use the strength of his arms and legs to swim to the other side.

Just like any river, there are two types of currents, an updraft and a downdraft.

Razel was using the current generated by Gelt to propel himself upward.

Gelt was amazed that the strength of his muscles is so great that it allowed him to create an updraft by himself.

"Damn you rat!"

At great speed he was approaching to attack Razel, but he precisely used his legs at that moment to propel himself by using magic power.

(Lightning Frog Leap!)

Razel slammed his legs into Gelt's face and was propelled to the surface.

He looked like a dolphin jumping from the swamp to the surface.

He started coughing and then gasping for breath.

"I felt like I was going to die."

He looked at the portal that was still open.

At the bottom was Gelt unconscious.

Razel jumped in and then pulled him out.

After watching the portal close, he tied his arms and legs together like a ham.

"Now. It's time to find out what those girls were doing here, where did they get to?"

◇◇◇

Count Bronson fled the mansion he had worked so hard to obtain after bribing all the officials there. Including the previous governor who was ousted on false accusations.

Now he was giving it all up to save his life and his future.

In almost every corridor he saw servants and knights fleeing for their lives.

There were corpses of spider members everywhere.

He even came across some that were bursting through concrete walls, Geld was one of those.

It was a grotesque sight.

"Iris-sama!"

He heard Liddy approaching.

"Liddy!"

"Damn it."

He continued running until he exited the mansion where he observed several knights and black spiders being thrown straight at the mansion.

At the gate was a beast girl and a boy.

Behind the beast girl was Gelmud hanging over the gate.

"Hii!"

Seeing how everyone was trying to flee through other places, she quickly moved and broke their backs or necks with one blow, the front gate was the only way out where only the boy was guarding.

He didn't care about anything and ran with all his might to get away.

Oz saw him and shouted.

"Here it is!"

"Umm? You smell familiar."

Leila grabbed him by the shirt, he was trying to run away with all his might, but her fingers were so strong that only a slight movement stopped him from fleeing.

Iris raised her head and saw Leila, she immediately said.

"Oh, the girl with the curls, what are you doing here?"

She grabbed Iris and carefully put her down.

Count Bronson rolled on the floor.

As he got up he observed knights coming here.

He turned to Leila to tell her.

"Hahaha! It's over you idiot, you can't run now that the whole knight corps is heading this way."

But she ignored him.

"Hey curly girl, did you see the Master?"

"He went in to beat the crap out of some spiders and a certain corrupt lord."

"Y-Yes. He's inside."

"I'm glad."

Leila dirigió su mirada a los caballeros.

Enseñó sus dientes y la saliva goteaba.

“Estoy tan hambrienta que solo al destrozar enemigos puedo controlar mi estómago.”

“A comer!”

Leila se lanzó rápidamente en cuatro patas hacia los caballeros.

Corría a gran velocidad y solo con el movimiento ligero de su cola, golpeó al conde Bronson el cual salió volando contra un árbol.

Él despertó tras perder brevemente el conocimiento y vio cómo su brazo estaba roto.

Un sonido trató de escaparse, pero se detuvo al ver como Leila barría el suelo de forma violenta contra los caballeros más fuertes del lugar.

“Hii!”

Salió huyendo como un cobarde hacia el bosque.

"Hold on there!"

Iris went after him.

◇◇◇

(I won't let him get away. This humiliation you will pay dearly for, idiot count.)

As he fled, Iris followed several meters behind him.

"I'm not going to let you escape. Not only for the embarrassment you put me through, the humiliation of mocking my family. You also sold secrets of the nation to other countries."

"Even if I can't trust anyone. At least I can trust Her Majesty the queen, and my father."

(Surely the reason the duke's army did not arrive is because the letters never went out.)

(My father would never let something like that happen to me.)

(Besides...)

Iris thought about it again.

"It's very suspicious, what was he doing there?"

Iris was very suspicious of Razel, not the first time where he magically appeared when she needed him the most.

To her it was too suspicious.

"Iris-sama!"

Iris turned around and saw Liddy running.

Even in this situation, Liddy's breasts were bouncing wildly.

"Liddy."

"Come on, we have to catch that guy and make him pay for his crimes."

(Then I'll buy you a super big bra so they stop bouncing all over the place.)

◇◇◇

It quickly became dark.

The city is in chaos after seeing the knights fleeing.

Many people are fleeing from seeing the rumbling that happened at the feudal lord's mansion.

Some of them locked themselves in their homes.

Liddy and Iris entered the city while chasing Count Bronson.

They lost sight of him in the business district.

"Damn. I lost sight of him."

"Liddy. Did you see the direction he went in?"

"I think he went to the square."

"All right, let's go there."

They ran quickly to the square where the place was so wide it was hard to hide there.

After arriving, the moonlight that was hidden finally bathed the night with its light.

In the distance Iris saw Count Bronson near the water fountain located in the center of the square.

"There he is."

"...?"

She stopped and pulled Liddy to a halt.

"What's wrong Iris-sama?"

Liddy asked, Iris instead from his position watched as strange figures surrounded him.

They were talking in a loud tone, because of this they could hear what they were saying.

"Hey, hey, we came to pick up our tribute and found your house a mess."

"I'm so sorry, I'll pay you back, I swear."

"The boss doesn't like his payment to be unpunctual, do you understand?"

"I understand. Please let me explain."

The bigger shadow picked him up and said.

"We're not interested in your excuses, we want the money. Or, do you want to get in trouble with the Phantom Troop?"

Hearing that name, Iris' heart stopped briefly.

Her body began to tremble and her brain stopped all information due to the shock of hearing that name.

"The Phantom Troop... here?"

Who were they to scare her more than the black spiders?

Again there is no fanservice. Just the face of what Gelt looks like.

I actually really liked his ability to create a portal that connects to another place.

I have to think hard to see what other character can do it as I like how simple but scary it is.

https://bleach.fandom.com/wiki/Luders_Friegen

0