Side Story ─ Twin Princesses
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We enter the last moments of the volume.

It's time to show the extra stories of this volume.

For the first time in the novel, well, in the spin-off, there is no interlude, meaning there is not enough material for it.

If you were expecting what Eli and the others were doing at home, that will be only for the end.

It was a normal day for the royal family of the kingdom of Britannia.

The first princess and older sister, Alicia, is a sweet girl, but very shy.

While the second princess and younger sister, Lilie, is a girl with a dominant personality despite being small.

These girls were always together because the older sister was easily frightened.

They are the daughters of Queen Rosemary, the queen spends every day busy working hard for the country.

Therefore, very few times a day she can give attention to her daughters.

The youngest daughter understands.

She was very smart for her age.

One day, they tried to go and play with their younger brother, Karlheinz, but when he saw them, he kicked them away.

The reason for the kicking was because Prince Karl is actually not the son of the queen, but of the current king, who is the younger brother of the late former king.

For political reasons, they did not want to have the royal figure of the queen alone and forced her to marry him.

But the king already had a son, they lied and made him a prince.

The father filled his head with hostility towards them, the reason is because he told him that they would take the throne away from him.

A throne he does not deserve, but the queen wanted to have a good relationship with him since it would be normal for everyone that a child would take the throne.

But thanks to his father, the relationship with the queen is ruined.

Years passed and one day the queen called her now grown daughters to her room.

"My daughters, I need you to listen to what I'm going to say."

"Is it something bad?"

"Is it a tragedy?"

The princesses asked anxiously.

"It's not that, don't worry."

"You see, there is a problem at the border."

"Resources such as food and weaponry are in short supply and they need my signature to get more delivered."

"The problem is that there may be someone stealing part of them and I must make sure everything goes smoothly."

"Because I will be away, I don't want you to stay here with that man around."

The queen's relationship with the king goes from bad to worse.

They don't even speak to each other, the king spends in his room and only when needed is he called to at least show his presence.

The daughters asked her where she was going and she replied.

"I will go to the border, it will be a few days and I will take advantage of your vacation from the academy for it."

"Huh? You will use our precious vacation to go with you to work?"

"Lilie, understand my situation, I can't leave you two alone."

"What about Leonora or Celistia, can't they take care of us?"

"Leonora only has authority when I am here, without my presence they would treat her like a mere servant."

"Celis is at work and has not yet returned. I cannot waste any more time and must leave at once."

"Please, girls."

The queen looked with moist eyes at her daughters.

Princess Alicia looked at her sister with the same eyes.

"I don't want to be left without mom, come on."

"You two are really..."

"Okay."

"Yes! It will be for work, but also a family trip!"

That was how the queen and her daughters left for the border.

◇◇◇

"Is this really possible?"

"..."

A few days after arriving at the border, the queen had to leave again.

"I'm sorry, but there are big problems with Vandimion and they need someone to be present!"

"They even took one of their princes and needs someone of equal or higher status to be present for negotiations."

"They will be bored over there and so stay here."

"Surely that's who I think it is and it will be just wasting time."

"I'll be delayed at most a day or two, or even three, but I'll be right back. I swear it."

And with those words, their mother took leave of them leaving them alone in the fortress.

The knights were kind so there were no problems.

The girls were quiet in their room when suddenly something happened.

"What is that?"

They heard an alarm.

The alarm was louder and when they looked out the window they saw a group of Vandimion soldiers attacking the fort from the forest.

"Are you serious?"

Princess Lilie could not believe her eyes.

Her older sister, Princess Alicia, clutched her arm due to fear.

Lilie was the younger sister, but she was taking care of Alicia who was the older sister.

"It's okay Alicia, the knights will protect us."

He took her hands and led her to her bed, they would stay there until it was all over.

But as the minutes passed Lilie's confident smile faded.

Sweat was pouring down her cheeks.

(What's going on?)

She thought in view of the situation.

Vandimion's soldiers entered easily and began to tear everything apart.

The only answer for such an organized attack was that they had the plans of the place and had studied where to move.

Suddenly someone knocked on the door.

After seeing how some places were on fire, the princesses moved the bed with all their might to block the door.

They were in the highest tower of the place, it was a safe place because there were knights chosen to protect them.

But the screams of the knights it seemed were more intense.

Princess Lilie began to panic.

For the first time in her life, she was crying and acting like a scared little girl.

"Mommy, come back."

"I know you're in there."

A man spoke from outside the door.

"I'm giving you two choices, either come out the easy way or come out the hard way."

The princesses covered their mouths in panic.

The man outside counted to ten and said.

"Fine, it will be the hard way."

Smoke began to billow from under the door.

"We'll be waiting for you at the end of the corridor, there's no escape. Feel free to scream for help or die down there."

The man left and the smoke was rising.

The place was on fire.

Lilie burst into tears as she saw the desperate situation.

Alicia, seeing her sister acting like a little girl.

For the first time she gained courage in her life.

She hugged her sister.

It was all she could do for her.

"Lilie, I'm your big sister, trust me."

"I... I don't know how, but I'll get us out of here."

Smoke reached the sisters and began to fill the place.

Slowly the place was covered in white.

Both sisters coughed due to the inhaled smoke.

Alicia hugged her sister with all her might to stop her shaking.

When suddenly...

"Get out of the way!"

They heard a new voice coming from outside.

The door was destroyed and the bed sent flying.

The silhouette of a man stood there, they could not see his face because of the smoke.

But the man approached and showed his greetings.

"Nice to meet you, I'm an adventurer and I've come to help you. Please let me take you out of here."

Alicia wanted to say something, but could not utter a single word.

"Excuse me, I didn't know there were two of you."

Said the man.

He walked over to them and took each of the sisters in his arms and carried them out like a sack of potatoes.

Because of the smoke surrounding the hallway and walls, Alicia could barely see anything.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing?"

The same man who spoke to them just now was standing at the side of the hallway.

"You're in the way, get out of the way!"

The man kicked the guy and sent him flying to the ground.

He ran until he reached a medical room and left the girls there.

Alicia and Lilie were coughing before being attended to by a doctor.

They saw a black hair swaying as it fled the scene.

After a while the battle was over and they wanted to thank the person.

But the knight told them that he ran away.

◇◇◇

"In the end we didn't know who he was."

"What are you talking about?"

Alicia and Lilie were walking down the palace hallway.

"I'm talking about our savior."

"He ran away just like that."

"I don't think that should worry us. If he left, it's because he was busy."

"More importantly. Alicia, aren't you different?"

"How different?"

"I feel like your personality stopped being a scaredy-cat and you're more assertive now."

"Really?"

"Maybe you are as you say, because, since that day, I feel that I can't live in fear."

"Because if you who protected me cried, I must protect you. It is the duty of the elder sister."

"Now you act like a big sister?"

The sound of a stomach growling rang through the place.

Alicia walked over to a box and turned it, a secret door was there.

"Mom, I'm hungry!"

"Alicia, don't bother Mom when she's working."

That's when they found their savior.

This is a story of a tragedy that was averted because of someone.

The queen was to die in that incident and her daughters were not as they were safe at home.

Fate can sometimes be cruel or very fair.

But it never stops, it will always keep traveling until it accomplishes its goal.

The ruin of this country as the beginning of the epidemic that will mark a tragic future, are still written in blood.

The fanservice will be for both sisters and we start with the cute Alicia.

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/7380981

0