Chapter 10: Guest
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What if I betray you?” I asked and looking at him intently.

He put his hands on my belly, smiling, and kissed my face and said, "You won’t. I can give whatever you want, as long as you ask for it.”

"Really? What if I want your life?" I asked him again waiting for his answer.

He smiled and seemed to think that was ridiculous, "Silly girl, I will give it to you if you want.”

I certainly don't believe what he said. But the pain in the abdomen eased in his hot hands, and my tears slipped down and wet his shirt.

I lay in his arms and soon fell into a deep sleep. I dreamed that I had lunch with a lot of people, including my family, Jonathan, and Steven. I said to my father. "Dad, I had a nightmare that you abandoned me. Please don’t leave me." Dad touched my head and comforted me saying, "Silly girl, I promise that I won’t leave you."

In the dream, my father's voice was so pleasant, soft and melodious, the same as Jonathan’s. He had left when I woke up before dawn. I touched the pillow, it was cold, and I felt a little disappointed that Jonathan had left.

Having done numerous evil things, Jonathan was a suspicious person, thinking that people all over the world wanted to kill him. Thus, he couldn’t fall asleep peacefully without bodyguards taking turns to protect him.

I was unsure about whether he had other women or not, but he had never brought a woman home for the night, and he didn't stay with any other woman overnight, no matter how late, he just came back home. His pillow was exclusively for him, with a gun under it.

When I felt very hungry, I realized that I hadn’t had dinner, so I got up to search for something in the kitchen. I heard a strange voice downstairs. I saw a man slouching on the couch, he looked as if he had just had his hair cut. I noticed his narrow, triangular eyes, black, thin face, flat nose, and smile. His clothes were filthy.

“Tyler, what do you mean? Last time I gave you the money you asked for?" said Jonathan.

"Boss, I would not beg you if I had not been deceived by that bitch, could you save me for old time’s sake, I have been in prison all these years,” he pleaded.

"If you don't want to starve to death, you can survive in prison again for free food,” Jonathan blurted out.

"Boss!” he said in disbelief. The man named Tyler Cohan narrowed his eyes cunningly, "You enjoy a luxurious life here, and this little money I ask is not a problem for you," he said.

"Do you know who you're talking to?” Jonathan asked him.

"Never mind,” Tyler said. His eyes looked across at the valuable display in the living room, and he suddenly stopped speaking as he saw me, revealing an obscene smile.

"Desiree? Did I wake you up?" Jonathan turned to me when he saw the strange expression on Tyler’s face.

"No, I am just a little hungry,” I replied.

"Hey!" "Tyler hurriedly got up and greeted me," You’re the woman who belongs to Jonathan, you are young and beautiful."

"Desiree, go upstairs," Jonathan said. "I'll prepare some food for you."

"Yes," I replied.

When I went upstairs, I heard Jonathan said, " The reason I paid you a million dollars was so that you would stay in prison and remain silent, how dare you come to me again and ask for more! If it were not for old time’s sake, I would have broken your leg!”

"I’m desperate and have no choice," Tyler explained.

"Run!" Jonathan said, "Or I'll make you crawl out of here."

A little while later I heard the door slam, and Jonathan’s voice, "If he comes here again, I’ll break his leg and throw him in the prison." When I heard his way of dealing with others, I thought he had a mild temper and could forgive others.

I found out that was not the case at all, when three days later, he beat Tyler to death in front of me, out of the madness.

0