Chapter 18: She Return
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One day, about a month later, he was having a drink with Troy and a pair of sweet newlyweds, his elder brother, Harvey and his bride, Virginia. They chatted and drank quietly together in a booth. “What’s the matter?” he asked Troy.

Troy picked up his glass and drank some more, "I have never known a woman like this, she is a policewoman. You know, I get up early in the morning to express my love to her. She doesn’t respond, only calls headquarters and says “I met a seriously schizophrenic patient, please send someone to take him to the psychiatric hospital for observation immediately in case he harms anyone! The address is... '"

Alan butted in and said, "It is fortunate that she does not send you to prison."

“I don't believe it! I can't touch her cold-blooded heart,” said Troy.

He kicked him in the leg. "Are you serious? Don’t mess with a policewoman? Sooner or later, you will get into trouble."

Troy replied, “If I, Troy Yang, can't conquer her, I would rather become a policeman myself and be connected to her for life.”

Finally, Harvey had joined in the conversation, saying, "If you two become policemen, how chaotic and disorderly society will become!"

"What's wrong with us?” Jonathan asked, "If we become policemen, prisons will need to expand their facilities."

"That’s ambitious! Maybe in the next life,” said Harvey and turned to Troy, "You’d better break up with that policewoman as soon as possible. It is of no benefit to you to be with her."

Jonathan waved to the waiter outside the door and said, “Get two pretty blondes.” Within three minutes, two beautiful women sat down between them. He had just put his arm around one, measuring her circumference with his eyes, when a chill came over him. He looked up and saw a strange look in Troy’s eyes.

Crystal stood in the doorway in a long, pale blue dress, showing her slim figure which seemed a little thinner than when she left. She looked at the woman in his arms and coldly said, "Excuse me, please go away. This is my place."

Jonathan let go of the beautiful woman. That beauty stood up wisely, kissing his face before leaving, saying in a sweet voice, "I can’t wait to see you again!"

"No, thank you!” he replied.

When he had finished, Troy laughed crazily, ignoring Jonathan’s feelings. Jonathan wanted to throw a bottle of wine at his annoying face and lit a cigarette, the exhaling smoke surprised Crystal. "When did you start smoking?” she asked.

She didn't know that he started smoking again. It helped him, especially at midnight, to stay awake, Jonathan smoked one after another. He would sit there and think about life, reminding himself,” I am the same Jonathan Li, I was in the past, and I have not changed at all.”

"Why did you come back?” Jonathan asked Crystal as he leaned over the sofa and looked at her face.

“Because you never said you wouldn't marry me,” she said and stood opposite him quietly.

“I know you will! You are willing to take responsibility for your impulses, even if you don't love me at all. You're a good man. You're a good man, loyal, affectionate and responsible. You deserve a woman's love in your life,” she added.

But Jonathan responded by saying, "I'm an asshole!”

“You are not! You are sincere to me. You have not constrained my freedom, so I am free to go or stay. And you have kept a place for me all this time. You always scolded me, it is not because you hate me, but you just wanted to push me away. You didn't want me to waste my life on you and hoped I would find happiness. Right?” she said.

"Did you get a new brain after you left me? It is the first time you asked such a profound question!” he said.

"Jonathan, I am willing to change for you. I can satisfy you. Please don’t get angry with me. Please let me be with you, okay?” The tears began to gather in Crystal’s eyes, which touched Jonathan when he looked at her.

"Don't cry, please!” He stood up, holding her thin shoulder, and asked, "Why are you crying? The person who should be crying is me, for all those beautiful women who were driven away by you?”

Crystal burst out laughing and put her arms around his waist, pouting her lips and saying, “They can hardly be regarded as beauties compared to me.” He took a closer look at her face, the standard eastern oval face. Tears filled her big eyes, he could not help kissing her, then took her out of the room and with a smile, he whispered, "You are beautiful, the most beautiful woman in the world!" She laughed delightfully!

Crystal was a good girl. She deserved happiness! Jonathan had not only thought of marrying her but also tried to love her. Unfortunately, it was difficult to change his heart because he felt no love for her. In that way, his heart would never be broken and pierced because of her.

0