Chapter 27: Gang Leader
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unexpectedly, Lisa shook my arms excitedly and screamed, "Desiree, Desiree, look! Isn’t he handsome? Isn’t he cool?"

"Oh!" I exclaimed and sat down in the soft chair with my head down.

Lisa said, "Desiree, he is a gang leader!” I shook my head.

"Someone said that he always puts a smile on his face, but when he drew back his smile, it was horrible,” she added.

"Serious?” I said. Troy and Jonathan were two opposites when Jonathan smiled, someone was going to be killed.

"I've also heard that he's very cruel and aggressive, so everyone has to look at his face," Lisa said as she went on and on about him.

That’s exaggerating. The last time I saw Jonathan punch him in the face, he didn't show any brutality. I couldn’t believe that he had shown up when I was there. He only had a few men with him, though.

As soon as he entered, he came to greet the noisy crowd, warmly, " How do your brothers manage to have time to come here? I have no time to make arrangements!"

"It's nice here. We come and get together when we are free!" said one of the middle-aged fat men.

Troy was looking for a woman and said a few words to the waiter nearby, who nodded and retreated behind the stage. Troy smiled and sat down, "Don’t be in a hurry, she will come soon after she changes her clothes!" he said to the men. Then came the unscrupulous laughter of those men, which made my heart beat with fear.

I said in a low voice, "Lisa, it’s good that you're not dancing today, or it would have been horrible."

"Yes, we can't afford to offend these people," she replied. As she spoke, her eyes were still fixed on Troy.

“Are they powerful?” I asked.

"They used to be when they worked with Sam Tonkin, a big shot. After Sam Tonkin died, Troy became the leader, they retired. Can’t you see that even Troy respects them?" said Lisa.

“Sam?” When Lisa mentioned this man, I suddenly remembered the painful expression on Jonathan’s face two years ago, and so I asked her, "Lisa, do you know how Sam died?"

"It’s said that he was beaten to death and thrown down a flight of stairs. What’s more, his wife was also raped. Finally, he committed suicide!” Lisa said.

Even if she didn't tell me, I could have guessed the ending.

"Wasn't he the Boss? Who would dare to do that to him?” I said.

Lisa replied, "A lot of people on the street said it was Jonathan Li who did it."

"Jonathan... " I almost cried out, covering my mouth just in time. "Really?” I asked, surprised.

"Jonathan Li was an unknown gangster, he became famous after working for Harvey Milk. Harvey had a good relationship with him, he would even die for him. At first, they were as close as brothers. Somehow, they lost touch.” Lisa said. She told me that one day Jonathan happened to meet Harvey in a restaurant. When Jonathan made a toast to Harvey, Harvey refused it and she told me that many people said that when Harvey was dying, his last words were, "Jonathan Li, you are ungrateful and cruel. You'll pay for this, I hope you will experience the feeling of being betrayed.”

Then Lisa added, “Other people said that he was arrested downstairs by the police when Harvey Milk was killed.”

“Perhaps Officer Marcel was the one who arrested him,” I wondered. After thinking about it, I asked, "Has Jonathan Li ever been to prison?"

"He has been arrested many times, but he always got off due to lack of evidence. You know when he was arrested, the streets were quite chaotic and disordered, it was normal that some died lying on the streets, others were chopped up. The police wanted to find out who killed Harvey Milk. Coincidently, two of the possible suspects were, Jonathan Li, who was in custody and Troy Yang, who fled overseas,” Lisa informed me.

Just then, I asked her, "Lisa, how do you know so much?"

"Since I have worked here, I have gained a lot of knowledge about these people and their boss,” she said.

“Boss!” I said and almost jumped up in shock. " Is Jonathan Li the boss here?" I asked her.

"Yes! Unfortunately, he doesn't come often, and I seldom see him. I'll call you when he comes here next time,” she said.

"No, thank you!” I insisted on not seeing him.

When I saw Troy having a warm conversation with those people, I looked for a chance to escape. However, the moment I stood up, a person came in, followed by a group of henchmen. My first reaction was to hide under the table!

"It's Jonathan Li! Desiree! You are so lucky today!” shouted Lisa. It was unfortunate! Thinking of the horrible expression on his angry face, I moved myself to the corner, pressing myself against the wall. Fortunately, that private booth could block his sight, a pearl and crystal curtain separating the space. The light was dim, so it wasn’t easy to spot me.

"Do you see him? Handsome, right?” mentioned Lisa and continued to say, “You see he is charming, confident but introverted, unruly but calm, elegant but domineering. "

"Lisa, lower your voice,” I said quietly.

"Brother Jonathan. We are honored to have you here. A great number of people look forward to seeing you," said one of them to Jonathan as he was walking towards them.

Before Jonathan opened his mouth, Troy said, "Well. He showed up because you are here. Although I have invited him out several times, he always wanted me to stay away from him.”

"Are you proud of speaking about that?” Jonathan asked and kicked Troy’s foot, then he sat down beside him. “You are indulged in dissipation and enjoy a carefree life, while I work hard to earn money and support you,” he said to Troy angrily, then he asked, "Don’t you have a conscience? "

When they were talking, the charming girl came over, swaying her sensual figure. She was more beautiful than Lisa. Bernard Flood, a middle-aged man, immediately pointed to Jonathan and said to her, "Sit here and relax and amuse him by massaging him." The girl beamed with joy and sat down to cling to Jonathan’s arms.

0