Chapter 3: Silver Siblings
74 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leon approaches the group, 'Hmm~ these two might be their scapegoats.'

Leon is approached by an orange-haired girl who tugs his shirt, 'Come here, brother or they will beat you like they did to my older brother.' she wipes her nose gently, spreading the blood over her cheeks. Leon bends down and wipes her cheek with his sleeve. 

Leon wipes his nose and looks up to the child smiling softly, 'What's your name?'

She smiles back,' I'm Ava Silver and he is my brother, Sei. Why are you thrown in with us?'

Before Leon could reply, The boy stood up from the ground.

'Leon Doomcraft Kaiser.' a soft voice emerges from the boy, Sei.

Leon's smile fades away. Leon, in a flash, reaches for the boy's collar. The boy dodges by a hair's length. Leon's eyebrow frowns slightly, 'How do you know my name?'

The boy looks up, revealing a pair of blue eyes with a strange pattern. Leon's leg shudders a bit.

'Fuck! Has somebody already acquired those eyes? This is so unbalanced.' Sei grabs his forehead as his eyes glow dims down. Leon spins around and heads towards the entrance, without saying a word. He reaches for Ava's head and pats her, giving her a piece of bread from his inventory, and heads off.

Sei suddenly screams, 'Wait! Leon, Take us with you.'

Leon silently follows the dark path, with red paint all over the entrance. He turns back, 'You know my status, don't you? It's lower than you two combined.'

Sei grabs his sister's hand and runs off to Leon, he speaks confidently, 'I can't see your status-

Leon smirks and puts his hands on his head, 'Isn't it a literal suicide if you go with me?'

Ava laughs cheerfully, 'I don't think so, big brother. You've got a large five-leafed clover covering bigger than your body.' Sei nods while smirking.

Leon's face crumbles, 'What?'

Sei rubs his sister's head playfully, ' I can't see your status like them, and aren't you a Kaiser? My sister is a little special, you know.

I don't know what it is but she can sense something otherworldly and abnormal.'

[Butler's composer activated.]

Leon rubs his chin, 'This is something interesting enough. Do these two know about that too?'

Sei and Ava smirks at him. 

'We sensed you coming to us.' Ava and Sei speak in unison.

Leon swipes his hair and thinks, 'That's strange. That eye, even maxed out cannot do that. What do this kid's sister's words mean?'

Ava tugs the shirt of Leon smiling, 'Big bro, won't you take us out of this place?' Sei nods while tapping his foot on the ground.

'Alright. Let's go. In 5 minutes this place will be filled with carbon monoxide, we have to hurry out of this.' Leon walks to the cave while the two follow.

After a few minutes of silence and constant traveling, Leon speaks by clearing his throat, 'Are you kids going to survive with me? This is considered the hardest door.' Sei nods with a glint of confidence in his eyes. 

Ava hops over a puddle and speaks, 'We have no choice, brother. The green door and the easiest were picked by the chosen.'

Leon's eyebrows frown, 'The chosen? What's that?'

Sei suddenly slaps Leon's back while laughing, 'Don't talk as if you don't know anything, big bro.' Leon tries to talk back. He suddenly speaks, '4 points to the strength.'

[Allocated 4 points to strength.]

 SLASH!— Leon slashes his sword upward. Green blood splatters all over them as a hobgoblin falls into two pieces.

Sei backs out while holding his sister, 'More from ahead, big bro.'

Leon slashes his swords sideways, splattering the blood away to the ground. He puts his hands on his chest, 'Why do I feel so uncompelled? I would've been shaking, is it that butler composer's skill?'

He thinks as he sees the two kids shivering over in the corner.

Leon rolls around the sword.

'Alright, you ugly fucks. Let's roll.'

Leon's heart pounded as he faced a horde of ferocious hobgoblins. The air crackled with tension, and the stench of sweat mixed with the metallic tang of blood.

Sei and Ava huddled behind him, their eyes wide with fear. Leon's muscles tensed, and he could feel the rage building up within him. His mad stats were maxed out, and he was ready to unleash hell.

The first hobgoblin lunged at Leon with a guttural roar, but he sidestepped effortlessly, his movements fueled by a surge of adrenaline.

His internal monologue screamed, "Bring it on, you ugly bastards!" A swift roundhouse kick sent the hobgoblin sprawling,

SLASH! But there was no time for celebration. Two more charged at him, weapons drawn.

As Leon parried their blows with expert precision, his mind raced. "Gotta keep Sei and Ava safe. Can't let these fuckers touch them."

His eyes darted between the hobgoblins, calculating their movements. WHOOSH! He could feel the intoxicating power coursing through his veins, his mad stats turning the battlefield into his playground.

Ava clung to Sei, her hands trembling. Sei, normally calm and collected, couldn't help but feel the tension in the air. Leon, however, was a whirlwind of violence, dancing between the hobgoblins like a hurricane of death.

Leon roared louder, "You think you can take me, you green-skinned bastards? I'm a fucking powerhouse!" with his iris dilated in pleasure.

Leon's fists connected with hobgoblin faces, bones breaking under the force of his blows. The scent of blood mixed with the dirt beneath his boots, and the adrenaline-fueled haze in his mind grew thicker. SLIT! He was a force of nature, an unstoppable juggernaut.

Sei's voice pierced through the chaos, "Leon, watch your back!" A hobgoblin attempted a sneak attack, but Leon's instincts kicked in.

He spun around, grabbing the creature by the throat and slamming it into the ground. WHOOSH! He speaks, 'Not there, you fucking dumbass.'

Sweat dripped down Leon's face as the battle raged on. The ground beneath him was littered with fallen hobgoblins.

BAM! but more continued to pour in. He couldn't afford to slow down. Sei and Ava's safety depended on his unrelenting fury.

As the last hobgoblin fell, Leon stood amidst the carnage, chest heaving.

The adrenaline began to ebb, and the maddening battle rage subsided. Sei and Ava emerged from their hiding spot, eyes wide with awe. Leon grinned, wiping blood from his face.

"Piece of cake," he muttered while chuckling, "Fucking hobgoblins never stood a chance against me."

DING* DING* DING*

[You have successfully slain 1 Hobogoblin.]

 [You have successfully slain 1 Hobogoblin.]

[You have successfully slain 1 Hobogoblin.]

[You have successfully slain 1 Hobogoblin.]

[You have successfully slain 1 Hobogoblin.] 

Leon slaps his head and screams, 'SHUT THE FUCK UP!' The siblings look at each other and are extremely confused.

[You have gained 120 experience points altogether.]

[Unallocated XP has been contributed.]

[You have gained a level.]

[You have gained 2 points on vitality.]

[Congratulations! You have gained another level.]

[You have gained 2 points on Intelligence.]

Leon throws the sword on the floor, 'You fuckers, let me rest. Stop bombarding me with notifications directly to my brain.'

As Leon caught his breath, Sei and Ava, wide-eyed, observed the aftermath of the chaotic skirmish. However, their brief respite was shattered as they collectively gasped when a low growl rumbled behind them.

Turning around, their gazes locked onto a colossal figure emerging from the shadows – a big centipede, its hulking frame towering over the fallen hobgoblins.

Leon's eyes narrowed, his internal monologue revving up again, "Oh, come on!'

SWOOSH! 

1