Chapter 12: Saintness
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Octoplet is being summoned.]

[A 15% Stat decrease will be applied to everyone near a 15m radius next to the Octoplet.]

Leon's face tightens up, "What the fuck!!!" Leon's eyes widened, his face contorting in horror. "What the fuck?!" Before he could react, a tentacle burst forth from Jasper's chest, tearing his ribs apart. Jasper's laughter echoed through the air.

Leon pulls Karina and Serene away from Jasper while shouting, "Everyone blow out the torch or you will die!"

People are scrambling here and there. Karina and Serene are genuinely concerned about the situation. Many players respond immediately by running away but forget to throw away the torch. 

"Throw away the torch," Leon speaks a bit loudly but to no avail. 

"Huh?" Karina turns back. Serene's face quivered up as she saw Jasper running at full-blown speed. She quickly grabs the torch and throws it away while hugging her tightly. Jasper changes his trajectory before jumping and galloping the torch wholly.

WHOOSH!-- In a matter of seconds, two player's torso is torn in half. Serene looks over to Leon with her face completely blue, "W-what is that?" Karina is kneeling with her ears under her eyes.

 "Can't you see it's a walking tentacle? It doesn't have anything on its face but it can detect only high levels of heat and light." Leon sits on a rock while swinging his feet.

Serene looks over to Leon and tries pulling his hands to get him to duck but he doesn't even budge, "Why are you this strong?" Leon snickers, 'Istria will get a massive punishment today.'

'To think that she chose an apostle to spread her filthiness, and even in the tutorial.'

Serene stands up while putting her hands on her waist, "What are you laughing about? Come down here."

"I just told you-- Hey! What are you doing?!"

She suddenly picks him up and takes him away, carrying him like a princess. Jasper goes rogue, swallowing anything in his road, anything that shines a bit on his eyes covered by slimy octopus liquid.

Leon tries to speak while his face has turned cherry red, "Get me down, I know the way. Damn it."

"Alright, alright. Lead the way."

Leon jumps down her before hurrying towards the dark alleyway.

Serene pulls Karina with her single arm interlocked with her wrist. Serene stops on her track suddenly and speaks, "I think we should run."

Serene looks back with her face red, her eyebrows frowned.

"What the hell do you we are going to do?"

Leon sighs heavily before all three of them run towards the medium difficult door.

A few minutes have gone by, the place is dark and eerie with few lights skipping toward it. Leon is navigating easily with those two following him behind. Screams can be still heard from the camp.

"OWWWP--- Serene tries to scream but Leon covers her mouth hastily.

"Shhh--- The Hyaena and goblins are sensitive to sound." Leon murmurs while huffing in front of them.

Serene dances with her legs on her hands.
"Something pierced my leg." Serene opens her shoes, a big bone straight through her legs.

"Fucking hell, it's big."

...
"Oh no, what should we do?" Karina is biting her nails still. Both of them look over at Karina's face with a poker face on. 
"Really?" Leon speaks spreading his hands.

"Huh?" Karina seems to be still confused.

"Heal me, you dumbass." Serene whispers while sitting on the ground in pain.

Karina laughs awkwardly, "I'm sorry. Wait." Leon taps his foot on the floor with his hands on his waist. Karina starts mumbling with her eyes closed.

"Wait a minute! Does it create light when the spell is activated?" Serene looks over to Leon with her poker face on but suddenly her eyebrows are raised, "Oh. Yes, it does! Karina, Cancel it now!" 
"Yes, Now!" Leon speaks mildly louder.

Karina gulps as she opens her eyes slightly, "U-umm, I don't think I know how to cancel."
[Small AOE heal has been activated.]

"No- Before Leon could finish, a bright green light forms around Serene's legs. Karina is closing her eyes, filled with tears. Both of them are so flabbergasted with their mouths wide open, they wouldn't even know if a fly entered their mouth. 
...

"It's done."
Serene stands up suddenly.
[Octoplet has entered a 15m radius.]

[A 15% Stat decrease will be applied to everyone near a 15m radius next to the Octoplet.]

WHOOSH! Serene pulls Karina backward gritting her teeth, "It's here!"

BAM!--A tentacle emerging from Jasper's hand bashes at the floor where Karina was previously kneeling. Karina takes her battle stance in front of the Octuplet. She brings out the bow in her hands.

[Blessing of the winds has been activated!]

[Accuracy and attack speed has been increased by 6%]

[User is immune to any attack for 15 seconds.]

She shoots her arrow, piercing through the octoplet's 'face' before it screeches. The Octuplet slides it legs before lunging towards her. She prepares her bow as she runs towards the octuplet as well. The arrow goes straight through but it manages to dodge it while it lands on its tentacle hands.

'Most of the monsters would be severely injured spot on. What in the world is this tentacle?'

SHOOSH! It ignores and goes right towards Karina, in the back. Serene gets agitated, 'No! Karina!' as she slides her legs backward.

Karina cannot even move due to fear and the stat reduction. The tentacle almost reaches it but Leon jumps ahead with his single hand on Karina's shoulder, and BAM!- A straight hammer kick to the head.

Octuplet drops into the ground completely shattering it. Leon kicks the Octoplet, sending it a bit far away from there, 'What kind of armor does he have? My leg hurts!'

Serene rushes over to Karina, "Are you okay?"

"H-huh? Oh yeah."

"Go hide behind that boulder."

Leon stretches his hands and speaks, "Hide but come out when we call you."
Serene rubs her shoulder, "We need you okay?"

Karina nods.

Serene rubs Leon's hair while looking intensely at the Octoplet. "I didn't think you were that strong for a kid. Step aside, this is for adults."

"Adults huh? Then I'm definitely in."

Leon lunges towards the monster with a knife on his arm. He swerves his knife before speaking "4 points in Dexterity."

[4 points in Dexterity have been added.]
[Your fighting skills have been increased.]

He swerves his light body and a round-hose kick to the Octoplet's chest. 

"Here I come again!" He throws the knife a little bit and holds it sideways before sliding through it's legs and slashing it's back. Leon looks over the blade as it does only a little damage. He jerks his blade before an arrow pierces through the tentacle's chest.

"Gross." 

Leon launches himself again with the dagger held in his both arms. Octuplet manages to catch the blade with two tentacles growing out of his hands.

"Two? damn it, this fast?" His other tentacle hands send him flying away.

"Leon!" Serene screams while bombarding the Octoplet with her arrows. Leon comes out of the rubble murmuring, "Shitty third-rate monster!" 
Leon rushes towards the monster. 

WHOOSH! It extends its tentacles again. Leon slides down on the floor, SLASH!- Both of it's tentacles drop to the ground. Leon screams towards them, "Serene, attack his ankles."

Serene aims at the creature's knees and it misses. 

"Fast!"

She aims again and it pierces right through its knees.

"Bullseye!" Serene smirks. Leon screams while kicking its other knees, "Serene, bring Karina.  we need to use purification on him."

"What did you say, Cat?" Karina replies.

Leon grunts as he pins the Octoplet down, "Come here, god damn it!"

Serene rushes helping Leon to pin the monster down. Karina looks at the Octoplet, "Ew! It's gross looking at him so close." 
"Karina, use purification on him. Do you have enough mana?"

...

"O-okay."

"Fast, it's moving widely, resisting extremely hard."

Karina looks over to the face of Octoplet, suddenly it's Jasper's face.

"W-what?"

The octoplet speaks, "Karina, it's me, Jasper."

"Who?"

Leon screams, "Don't listen to this monster. Fast Karina!"

"J-jasper?"

Serene looks as Karina's face turns pale red, "Oh no!" 

"Yes, it's me, Karina. Won't you free me from these two?"

Karina stretches her hands towards the monster. Leon shakes his hands, "No! Don't touch its face it will transfer itself to you!" Karina touches its face, leaving Serene and Leon flabbergasted.

"KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!"

The Octoplet opens its eyes, with a huge grin but it still is getting pinned down.
"W-what? Why am I still here?"

Karina's silver eyes glow and her hair flowing all over the place brighter than platinum itself. Her body radiates a silver lining, almost outshining the dim lights that are shining through the cracks of the cave, brighter than the sun.

"A saintness needs to get rid of the filth in herself to remove other filths in this crooked world."

[The Trial Of Corruption has ended.]

[The saintness has arrived.]

[Divine mana has been cultivated.]

[The stats of nearby allies have been greatly increased.]

[Debuffs have been nullified.]

[Wounds of allies have healed in Larger AOE.]

[The laws of the world are changing.]

[The balance of the world is returning to its original State.]

Back at some kind of Dungeon, Sophia smirks while holding a hobgoblin in her hands, "Interesting."

Karina speaks in her melodious voice resonating in the whole cave,

"Purification."

Leon smirks.

The Octoplet screams in agony before it separates from its body as in whole. Jasper's body has disappeared but it remains only as a piece of a tentacle.

[The curse of the Octoplet has been applied to User "Karina."]

[Curse has been nullified by the Divine Mana.]

Serene looks up as Karina extends her beautiful hands, her angelic face, and a Halo over her head. She smirks while grabbing Karina's arm and tries to wake up but instead of Karina helping her to stand up —BAM! Karina falls face-first to the ground.

1