Chapter 27: Reveal
212 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm going to get proper sleep for a bit after this.

Boreas POV

"Do you need my help, white-haired human?" an invisible dragon's voice asked as soon as we spotted the enemies

We then ducked and hid under some nearby bush as we prepared ourselves to attack them, one of them got a claymore, and that should suffice as my sword since there are no rules against stealing and damaging other people's properties, and in the worst case scenario, if the school somehow refuse to pay for it, I'll just have my scholarship rescinded.

"...Yeah sure, why don't you take them out?" I whispered back

"You're clearly not in need of my help. Why do you want to rid of me?"

"I just want to have a smaller and poofier cute animal to spoil, you're too high maintenance."

"I can be cute."

"...sure."

"You clearly don't believe me."

"Uh...whose voice is that?" Matt asked

Shit, I forgot that he's a hero too, having an enhanced hearing sense should be something he possesses, Eve gave me a more suspicious look, it's like she's suspecting me of having an invisible aide to help me cheat. It would make sense why I got good grades all of the time. So now...do I reveal it or keep it a secret?

If I do reveal it, the staff who are overlooking us would probably try to disqualify me for cheating even though I never wanted this dragon here.

"Don't worry, he's harmless."

"No, I'm very harmful." the dragon denied, "Especially to rude humans."

"I see...so why don't you do me a favor and repay me by not being harmful and we can end this symbiotic relationship where you stop flying around and following me."

"Why do you not want me? All humans either want me to be subservient to them and presented as a trophy or killed for my scales."

"Wait, scales?" Matt interjected, "Invisible, hostile in nature...is that a dragon?"

"Ah, so you're not dense for once, that's very rare for your type of people."

"You have a dragon?!" Eve exclaimed loudly and alerted the enemies.

"He's not mine/I'm not his." we denied

I reached down and grabbed a nearby rock, channeling my magic into it. With a flick of my wrist, I encased the rock in a layer of metal, strengthening its impact, and put a layer of wind magic on top of it. Taking aim, I hurled the makeshift projectile toward a tree to the left of them. From their perspective, it seemed as though I had missed my mark, so they dismissed it.

But as the metal chunk struck the tree, it rebounded hard and flew straight toward the side of one of their head. The attack eliminated them immediately as they didn't defend against it at all. I ran at them. As I sprinted towards the remaining two, the burly guy wielding a massive claymore leaped into my path, blocking my advance.

I then cast several vines to trip and pull them to the ground. I also summoned a barrage of shimmering light swords to surround them, I then launched the swords to rain endlessly at the 2. The other robed mage reacted swiftly, conjuring a circular magic barrier to shield themselves from the onslaught. I countered and slammed my fist into the ground, channeling my magic into a swift and powerful pillar that erupted beneath them, propelling them high into the air.

Seeing the falling circular barrier and the dropped claymore, I saw a quick opportunity. I rushed to the claymore and grabbed it before positioning myself. I gripped it tightly, channeled my mana, and turned it into flames. Flames erupted and engulfed my body and the sword in blazing inferno and I then let out a primal roar.

"Time for RETRIBUTION!" I roared as I swung the flat side of the blade at the barrier.

The flames converged and summoned a flaming phoenix that flew forth. Launching the barrier away, which got teleported midair, eliminating them, the phoenix created a wave of scorching flames in its wake, burning the forest.

"Alright guys, let's run out of the forest, it's going to be burnt down until the academy's staff intervenes." I said as I approached the other 2, whose mouths were agape in shock.

"What? Stealing's not against the rules."

"I...I recognize that move..." Eve uttered, "You..."

"Yeah, great reveal, right? So let's talk about the goddess later."

"Wait...goddess?" Matt then realized, "OHHH, you 2 are also-"

"Oh, so you weren't shocked because you realized the reference...anyway, let's run and discuss our situations later. The academy's staff are probably impressed at my attack and scolding me for my recklessness just now."


After I arrived at this cave that's a bit closer to the center and far from the barrier. I also created a sound barrier to stop te staff from eavesdropping on us.

"Wait, so you knew all this time that the 2 of us reincarnated as heroes?!" Eve exclaimed, "Was that why you're so arrogant all this time?"

"Yeah, I gave off many hints...like who else would be this smart?"

"Why not tell us?" Matt asked

"I don't trust you. You're dense who has no clue what's going on and is too optimistic and she probably thinks that she's living in some otome game, so she's manipulating the guys around her to her advantage."

"How many more of us are there?"

"Just us 3, the goddess told me."

"When did you realize?"

"The sword...only a chosen hero should be able to pull that out. I have selfish issues despite being a hero, so I just had to wait for the other 2 to pull it out, and then you came along. As for Eve...her setting is just too convenient."

"Don't talk as if you're some great guy, that reference just now means that you were just some person who never touched grass." Eve accused

"You recognized it too. So you're no better, and I do touch grass, it's only the people who are reading this right now that have that issue."

"I only used him because he was hot...literally and metaphorically."

"Where are you from, Boreas?"

"I'm not telling you...maybe next chapter."

"Next chapter, so we're in a novel?" Eve asked, "We're not in a game?"

"Well in a sense, but not a novel from our world."

"What do you mean?"

"Hard to say, but it's the type that's still being written."

12