Chapter 31: Jett
203 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Theodore POV

"-ou suck!" Boreas shouted

"I suck, excuse my tongue, but you're a bitch! Bitch!" the queen retorted as soon as I tried to eavesdrop on them, I then closed the door since it might take a while due to their screaming match still being this energetic.

"I'm a bitch, no you're-"

"Well, that's more than enough to know that they clearly do not get along and he is not of the same one in the prophecy." the headmaster said as I closed the door.

Amelia described the prophet and what she said to the headmaster and their goal in coming here, we then talked about how we could deal with the dragon, who clearly does not like us very much. Boreas saved the dragon and gained its favor, but its attitude might change at any time, dragons are mighty independent after all.

"Since when does the queen know such words? Did you teach her?" I asked my sister

"...Yes." she admitted


Boreas POV

"Well, threw them off the scent again, anyway, where were we?"

"The explanation of how we talked about drugs to you saying that you like each other?" Mari responded

"Simple, I can tell from a glance that he's like me." the queen answered

"Didn't help that I saw her biting her lip and having a flushed face."

"He winked and understood the signal. His face was also flushed, he then scratched the back of his hand in nervousness."

"She winked and understood the signal, and since we wanted to discuss these signals in private-

"-I raised an argument to have the others clear the room. Should I just call you Boreas? Or do you want to use your middle name?"

"Boreas is fine, I got no middle name since my family can't afford that."

"Then call me Isabella, Bella once we're closer, I'd say 6 months, and just for clarification, are you not going to deny him wanting you to be in the harem?"

"Look, I'll think about it when the time comes." Mari sighed

"By the way, just curious, can we use her for the senior discount?" I asked out of curiosity, "She looks like this, but she's over a hundred, I just want to know if it's legal."

"Oh, it's totally legal," Isabella replied, "If anything, that'll be useful for our future financial decisions. Just have her apply for a proper ID if she hasn't already, and as long as she asks to put herself as a nymph in the species section, you should bring a letter from a recognized noble to back it since she looks very human-like. And since our laws are centered on humans, she'll be able to give you a senior citizen discount."

'So that woman is your mate?" the dragon asked

"Well, mate might be pushing it, we're just starting, heck some people would go a while before they'll say that they're dating."

"Oh no, we're dating." Isabella confirmed, "As if I would let my possessions get away."

"There you go, so be nice to her too."


Theodore POV

"So you 2 are done with your discussion?" I asked

"Of course, but the bitch of a witch is still stubborn."

"Did you just call the...you know what? Why don't you go and do your test while I prostrate myself and grovel for mercy on your behalf?"

"Oh, thanks, but try not to offer water, she might melt from the inside."

"You-"

"It's okay, it's my fault, I chose to come here." the queen responded, "But to think that the dragon would choose such a deplorable person, maybe castrating you now would save future heartbreak for all the women you plan on manipulating."

"Deplorable?" the dragon responded, "He's much-"

Boreas then closed its mouth and walked out. He bid everyone but the queen a proper farewell, much to my sister's relief, she did suggest punishing him in some way for the disrespect, but there are no laws against what Boreas just did, and he knew it, so the headmaster settled for a tame 3-day detention while I would be scolded on a later date for not disciplining him properly...I only met him for a year, the other years were just us writing occasional letters...just why do I have to suffer?


Boreas POV

"That went well, nice going there dragon, you caught on quick."

"Stop treating me like a baby!" it responded, "I'm physically older than you."

"But your maturity is not...didn't help since you were mistreated your whole life."

"You should also stop calling me dragon. I have a name."

"You never told me."

"Then name me yourself."

"What's your original name?"

"I do not want that name. Give me a new one."

"How should I name you?"

"Maybe after something you like." he suggested

"Ok, fried chicken."

"Give me a different name."

"Tacos?"

Just for the record, since there were other heroes and reincarnates before, they brought over certain foods and stories, so people of this world will be able to recognize crepes or pizza. French toast is also a thing, but they assume the term "French" to be the "creator's" nickname or middle name.

As for stories, Romeo and Juliet and many fairytales are brought over and integrated into this world's culture.

"No, a proper name." the dragon scoffs

"Jett?"

"Let's go with that, you might go for some stupid name like-"

"Let's not give the author the chance to insult actual people."


I'm not really going to describe the writing test much, cuz that wouldn't be too exciting, the author writing me writing will create a writing-ception that will just create a black hole that will swallow the world whole...kidding, it was boring. I did well, I don't think I'll rank super high, but I'll at least rank in the top 20, I didn't really care for it much since most nobles got some cheat sheets anyway due to them bribing some commoner staff. I didn't. Theo got some but he refused to share it because of his stupid moral integrity.

For the magic test, it was simple, all we had to do was to shoot spells at targets. It's divided into 2 sections. In the first part, we had to aim fireball spells, that is allowed to be the size of baseball max, at multiple targets that appeared and disappeared quickly. This section tested our casting speed and reflexes. In the second part, we had to unleash our full magical power on a single target to measure our damage output.

As we were escorted in groups of 10s to the different testing sites within the island, there just had to be something that might annoy me.

"Tch, who lets the commoner in with a group of righteous nobles?" one whispered

It wasn't discreet, he knew that I can hear him, and the others did too, but they still joined in, adding stupid and stereotypical remarks. Until...

"...isn't he the one with the nymph?" one asked

"Yeah, we're allowed to bring in a servant or two." another replied, "But I bet that she's just for other relief purposes...poor nymph, she's breeding with a worthless commoner?"

"How much do you think she cost?"

"Why ask for used products?"

"Beauty is beauty. I could use her once after a proper cleansing."

If that's how they wanna play, then let's do this...after all our group of 10 is the same for the physical combat testing.

"*Yawn* Man, this day is long." I said in a tired tone as we arrived at the testing site, "Can I go first? I don't want too low of an expectation by the time you get to me, because even if I nail the test, you can discredit it by saying that I look good only because the others did bad."

"Huh?!" the nobles were now screaming with outrage as the staff tried to calm them down

"Man, it's so loud today, can't even be properly tired. I guess that some people just can't learn proper manners no matter how much money is given to stuff their mouths."

9