Chapter 40: Interview(?)
125 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Boreas POV

"First, it's that we found out exactly why the vampire was a bit abnormal." the headmaster began, "And it's not good. Vampires are definitely better than most species in terms of physical strength, but her abnormal speed is a bloodline ability passed down from the current vampire king...she's his granddaughter."

"But she's a full vampire, that shouldn't be possible." Mari asked, "Vampires can only reproduce with humans, and even then...the chances of conceiving are not only rare but they are either born mixed or full human. The same rule should apply to the king."

"That's true, but when we discussed just between the 2 of us earlier, you said that most of your knowledge came from your elders and older books, they might not have mentioned the vampire adoption system, due to their lack of children, they have adopted a custom of adoption, and the parent would then start up a ritual of sorts of passing down his blood to the to-be adopted, the adopted would then have the blood of the parent, tests have shone that these vampires would then essentially share the same DNA."

"I see."

"So when are they going to come for me?" I asked

"Are you not scared?" the headmaster asked

"I'm on this super safe island, even to just send assassins or launch any attack here would be stupid by the vampire king's standard."

"What about your parents?" the headmaster asked

"Really? They would attack them who is housing the sword saint?"

"Fair, but...the vampire king has announced himself to be a general of the demon lord...that means that the demon lord has whispered to him, and such information has to be confirmed through the pope, who can occasionally talk with the goddess, whom rarely response to prayers, since after all, she's only one person."

"Oh, I talk with the goddess all the time."

"Did she say that she's sending you to hell?" Theo asked

"Dude, why do you hate me? I thought we were friends. I even call you Theo."

"We are teacher and student." he corrected, "And I only gave up correcting you since you are more stubborn than my great-grandma, who by the way, said that she wasn't in any danger as a robber was holding her hostage...by the way, she was right, it was some sort of play that she liked to do with her lover."

"And why are you telling me this information that I wish to unlearn?"

'Well, we just want you to know that we have sent 2 mages to help guard your village and you are to not leave this island without permission." the headmaster said, "We cannot risk your safety."

And since they were all trustworthy anyway, I told them of my unwanted visitor and them being the culprit of capturing Jett in the first place, Jett was surprised at this, even more so since he knew of my plan to join the blood ravens, an organization that Jett would love to get revenge on.

This is something that apart from us 3, only Chris, Isabella, and Sir WIles know, so I can't reveal that yet. I also lied to Theo and the headmaster, they just thought that the guy favoring me and giving the card was only because he took an interest in me, and I didn't correct them since the recruit part might blow back on me.

"Velvet falcon? I've never heard of that name before." Theo muttered

"I'm surprised that you can keep so calm when you're faced with such an enemy." the headmaster commented, "But same plan, you can't leave without permission, and if there's a danger that you think even a teacher can't handle, call me yourself, she said as she offered me her private call crystal."

"Just know that I won't be up for secret romantic rendezvous."

"You infuriate me. Go for your interview!"

"What about our private discussion? I thought you would want to at least expel our misunderstanding."

"Fine, Theodore, you will be a witness to this, his silver tongue will not get me today." the headmaster demanded to which Theo nodded

"Well, since I've done my job, I hope that you'll follow my request and will offer me your heart."

"And that's to be more open and less stoic?"

"Yeah, we can start from there, people call you the ice queen, and I just want you to be a bit more warm and open to the rest of us."

"...Fine, I'll accept it for now."


"Just so you know, I trust in your plan to destroy them from within." Jett said as I left for the student council interview, "But if possible when you find the person responsible for my capture, you let me have him."

"Sure, but can you defeat him? You're not that strong."

"Let me have the last hit at least."

"If that's what makes you happy, Jett."

I arrived in the student council room and the room had only one person, and it was the president himself, a 22-year-old, 182cm tall, has long dark red hair, and light blue eyes. His name is Seth Arnold Andrew Easton, a guy who's famous for his use of steel magic.

"The infamous Boreas Silver...it's nice that I saved you for last." he chuckled, "Rumors say that you got quite a glib tongue."

"Some people are envious, that's all."

"Just take a seat." he gestured, "Your resume, unlike the others...you're more suited for the position of a disciplinary officer since you can fight, and yet, you have shown yourself to have what people describe as...an attitude problem. So why are you interested in the position of the secretary?"

"Oh, you know, I thought it might be interesting."

"Interesting? Can you elaborate on that?" he asked

Oh man, story writers should hire me more often, this guy has already fallen for the trap, let's just start with short answers to see how it goes. He even got notes on me, but I doubt that he'll be expecting what I'm doing right now.

"Well, you know, I'm just looking for something different."

"Different in what way?" he asked as his eyes narrowed

"Just...different. You know." I shrugged

"Alright, let's move on. What skills do you bring to the table?"

"Skills? Well, I'm pretty good at... stuff."

"Stuff?"

"Yeah, you know, stuff like... um... organizing things."

"Organizing things. That's certainly a useful skill for a secretary. Can you give me an example of how you've used this skill in the past?"

"Oh, you know, just... organizing stuff."

"Okay, let's try a different approach," he said as he took a deep sigh, "What do you hope to gain from being a part of the student council?"

And...the uno reverse.

"Hmm, good question. What do you hope to gain from having me on the student council?"

"Um, I'm asking the question here." he asked with a slightly perplexed expression

"Well, I'm not just here to be interviewed. I'm also here to see if the student council is good enough for me to join."

"...Good enough to join...?" he uttered under his breath, "Is that so? And what makes you think you're qualified to make that judgment?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe because I'm not the one stumbling over vague questions and struggling to hold a decent interview."

"I'm sorry?"

"So, let me ask you, Mr. President, why should I even consider joining a student council that can't even conduct a proper interview?"

6