Chapter 20 Battle Style
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 20 Battle Style

Getting stronger is the goal of every creature on earth. Gaining more resources, a stronger body, smarter, better equipment, special skills, political power/influence, and higher social standing. Even an ordinary baker works hard to acquire skills that other people do not have.

Jace has been thinking about the powers and skills that he has acquired so far. The body is almost indestructible, with complete control, and almost unlimited mana. From a certain perspective, he could qualify as one of the strongest younger generations on earth right now.

The problem is that he does not have his fighting style and lacks experience. Training with Kim and testing his body during the tournament has made him realize that he is not a pure martial artist type like her. He should not try to copy the fighting style of other people, he needed his own style.

“Your strong body is not your strongest weapon. It's your mana control that is your true strength.” The night before, Tear had given him advice after hearing the details of his skills. “Miss Harlet banned your strongest weapon, Railgun, but I have an idea”

—-------------------------------

Jace steps in front of the two tall women. People from the republic are taller and bigger than people from the midland or celestial empire. In front of these two, the 180cm Jace looks quite short.

“Tall build combined with spears as a weapon of choice, even for me, it would be difficult to approach them,” Kim said from the back.

“Not a problem for me,” Jace smirks.

The two women dash towards Jace, silver spear to the right, golden spear straight ahead. Their coordination is quite smooth, evidence of experience working together.

Jace uses his palm to stop the golden spear coming at his head while dodging the silver spear from his right. The spear was unable to break his skin, but for the first time, Jace felt pain. His hand that received the golden spear is bruised.

“What a freak. Are you a monster?” Ladona said, looking at the spearhead being held by his bare hand.

Jace smiles at her while sweat drops from his forehead. They are much more dangerous than he thought. Those spears contain so much penetration power, that most mana shields would have shattered like glass. He immediately uses his speed to gain distance from them.

“Running away? Isn't your spell banned? Even if we can't catch you, you can't win either. The rising star of Greylight Academy is only a coward.” Layla tried to provoke him.

“Don't worry, I wasn't running away.” Jace appeared a distance away and said. The two women noticed something floating around him. Broken shards of other contestants' weapons are floating and orbiting Jace. Electricity sparks connections between the metal shards and Jace. Blue sparks are shooting out of his entire body. Shards of metal are speeding up and slowing down randomly while orbiting his body.

“The god of thunder……..”

Ladona looked at him, dazed, a slight blush crept up on her cheeks.

The audience stood up to get a better look at that domineering form. People in the VIP stand once again started sending communication somewhere.

—--------------------

Somewhere in the Blue Tower

A giant cell with lavished furniture, a group of researchers, and dwarfs are being held here.

“What the hell is that? Did he create another original spell?” a human researcher furiously uses his mana to write down notes on the ground.

“No……I think this is just a creative use of the magnetic field that is the basis for his Railgun spell.” Miss Wanders sat on a couch, a small cute cat in her lap, watching the competition.

“That is most likely, the problem is how is he doing that? Even Aura Masters that focus on flying weapons can not control so many at once. The record belongs to Blossom Sword Saint Eight Flying Swords. But this kid is controlling hundreds of small metals at once” the old dwarf said.

“Well, this could be just showmanship, let's see if he can even use it,” another dwarf said

Behind them, a ground of researchers and dwarfs are furiously arguing about some theory or another.

—-----------------------

Jace dashed towards Layla, his fist containing a massive amount of mana. Layla dashed backward and threw her spear like a javelin, a mana line connecting her hand and the spear. Jace did not dodge or slow down. Several shards of metal came together and deflected the spear when it came close to his face. Layla was shocked but she still pulled back her spear with the mana line. But she was too slow, Jace was right in front of her. Metal shards surrounding him came together and formed metal gauntlets on his fist as he punched her head.

Teleportation light came to her even before Jace could extend his arm. Miss Harlet must have thought that Layla would die if that punch landed.

Ladona came up behind him, the silver spear speeding towards his heart. A loud sound of metal clashing. The metals orbiting Jace’s body once again deflect a spear, this time his back was turned.

“What the hell?” Ladona recovered her lost balance and retreated backward. From her perspective, his back is still turned, how could those metal shards defend against her spear so accurately, not just defend but deflect?

Ladona and Layla are the vanguard of the Heavenly Demon Cult’s younger generations. They have gone into the capital city to hunt murderers, rapists, torturers. They have gone up against famous Aura warriors, Mage apprentices, and Warrior trainees, but they have never lost this badly. Not even being able to leave a scratch on an opponent. She could not shame the Heavenly Demon Cult.

Ladona exploded the mana inside her body. Dashing towards Jace, unleashing furious spear technique. A hundred thrusts and slashes seem to shower down on Jace. The metal shards around Jace are spinning and blocking her spear as Jace concentrates on defending against her intense offense.

The metal shards usually orbit him randomly and block attacks that enter into his magnetic field automatically. But Ladona's attacks are so strong, and fast that he has to manually block on top of the auto-defense system. The mana contained in the spear is so massive that it pulverized the metal shards every time they clashed.

The audience grasped at her dazzling display of martial skills. Until now, this level of martial skills has not been seen in the tournament. And Jace's metal shards defense that is capable of blocking all of her attacks, no one watching has ever seen anything like it.

“This is the wrong path to go down…… him!” Duke Feng said unhappily.

“You are so childish! Flying weapons is a good technique. One bad user does not make a technique bad. Even brother Yabui uses flying weapons” Lealatha said to her husband. The good Duke paused and solemnly nodded. The memory of his friend almost choked him. His eyes showed sadness, regret, and guilt.

Ladona’s mana is quickly running out. She gritted her teeth and prepared for a final attack. Jace could feel that as well, something big is coming.

The color drained from everything around them. Jace could feel that the mana in the air and the surroundings was being drained into her spear. The world around them became black. The only color inside that black world is the bright, white-hot spear.

White Light” a whisper.

Before anyone could see or react, the spear had already gone through Jace and turned into ash behind him.

The domineering physique that he was so proud of was pierced with brute force for the first time.

Fortunately, the metal shards had changed the direction of the spear at the last minute and it did not pierce his heart. However, his stomach has a giant hole in it.

“That was fucking cool,” Jace said before punching Ladona. She flew out of the arena. Jace smiled at Kim, who looked shocked.

“I told you. You underestimate me too much” Teleport light embraces him.

—---------------------------

“Due to a sudden increase in Senior Bracket’s participants, we will extend the bracket to 2 days instead of one. But please be warned, the senior brackets are much more dangerous than the lower brackets! Please have a good rest, the tournament will continue tomorrow!” The loud announcement was the first thing he heard when he woke up. The warm feeling next to his body could only be one person. Tear slept next to him in the infirmary bed. Fortunately, no medical staff was around, she would have gotten scolded. He caresses her hair, and her eyelashes fluttered. He was awake.

“What happened after I was eliminated? Kim got the mana stones?” Jace kisses her forehead.

“We are here too you idiot.” A sudden voice from next to the bed surprised Jace. Kim and Cade were there, sitting with a disgusted face. “I forfeited. The prize pool of the junior bracket will be combined with the senior brackets. All of a sudden, so many people sign up for the senior brackets tomorrow.”

Kim licks her lips again. Jace is really worried about the mental state of his master.

“As your healer, I forbid you from entering the senior brackets, you need a few days of rest at least. The senior brackets had been extended to two days, so you will heal enough for the unrestricted bracket” Cade cast healing magic on Jace’s body, checking his body condition. Jace suspects that he must also know that he has a curse on him.

“The last time we trained together, you didn't have that new move. What is that?” Kim almost jumped on the bed, only to be stopped by Cade.

“It's thanks to this girl. She gave me the idea. It's an automated defense system using the magnetic field.” Jace caressed her hair, Tear still pretending to be asleep. “no name for it yet, I will ask her to name it for me”

“I have no idea what you said, but we need to test that when you recover!” Kim’s eyes are sparkling. “Also, I will borrow this girl until tomorrow. She might be able to give me some new moves as well” Kim grabbed Tear’s arm and pulled her away forcefully. Tear could not pretend to sleep and looked at Jace sadly before being dragged away.

“Don't make that face, Beth will be fine. As for you!” Cade put his hands on Jace's head. The last thing Jace saw before falling asleep was that green glow.

0