Trial 4: Departure
2.2k 3 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sona's gift was a 1.2m long and sleek longsword. She had pestered her friend endlessly and succeeded in meeting her friend's Onii-sama, the one, and only Sirzechs Lucifer. She requested his help in finding a sword because her sole pawn was way too obsessed with swords.

Looking at the surprised expression on his face, she felt her tiring effort was worth it.

Hiroshi wasn't really surprised by the sword, but the information from Aux-san dumbfounded him.

[Scanning… Found traces of Demonic Power]

[Weapon Rank - B]

'What is this Rank?'

[A grade to determine the quality of weapons.]

"Sona-sama, why give me a sword?"

"Because you like swords, you train with them every day. So I decided to give you a better one, besides you can't participate in a rating game without any weapon."

He made a small bow and replied, "Thanks for this gift."

"Mou~ My gift is still left unopened."

He smiled bitterly and opened the other gift, what came out of the small box was a smartphone.

He gazed at Serafall, confused by the gift. He already had a simple smartphone to talk to anyone.

Serafall winked and smiled. "That smartphone is the newest invention of Ajuka-chan~ I call it Doki Doki Sumatofon~ Already stored with all seasons of Miracle Levia-tan~"

Showing a wry smile, he nodded. "Thanks, Serafall-sama."

With her right hand on her waist, she raised one finger. "It's the best feature is that it can be charged by Demonic power~"

He showed a bright smile to both. "It will be very useful to me."

The siblings also smiled, unable to understand the true meaning of these words. By the time they understood it would be too late.

After leaving Sona and Serafall, Hiro was trying new spells inside his room.

"Ring~" A sudden ringing noise interrupted him, he glanced at the ancient-looking clock on the wall, both ticks lined up at twelve.

"It's time…"

He carried the bag packed with all his belongings on the shoulder and peaked out of the narrow opening in the door.

Finding nobody, he went out of the room. With silent steps, he walked toward Sona's room.

He faked the demonic aura of Sona and touched the magic circle on the door.

"Click!" With a barely audible click, the door opened. He locked the room after entering it. Looking at Sona sleeping peacefully in a magical dress, a smile broke out on his face alongside complex emotions he couldn't comprehend.

'Aux-san, do it.'

[Request confirmed… Removal of pieces in process…]

[Completed…]

Four pawn pieces appeared in his demonic aura covered hand. He put the pieces by her bedside along with a letter. The aura won't let her notice his disappearance, this signature on pieces would last for a day.

He walked to the bookshelf and started searching for books about Clans of Devil and their special abilities in detail. Sona had a habit of collecting strange books, but they would be very useful on his journey.

He ransacked the books and created a magic circle of teleportation.

After taking a last long look at Sona, he teleported away.

'I'll fuck all factions one day…'


Sona woke up from a long sleep, the nightmare of dancing in a magical dress in public was still fresh in her mind. She rubbed her eyes and stared at the bookshelf opposite her bed.

"Why is it so empty? Thief?"

She shook away that line of thought, only an idiot will try to steal anything from Sitri's Mansion. Feeling a demonic aura near, she got off the bed and looked at the four pawn pieces.

"Hiro!"

The aura around pieces disappeared after her touch, giving her confirmation that her servant or crush has left her. She grabbed the letter and opened it.

(Dear Master or would you prefer Sona~? I know it's selfish of me to leave like this but I knew you wouldn't let me go I asked… So decided to run away~

Now for the serious part. I know myself very well if anyone tried to harm you I wouldn't hold myself back and attack back with all my power. It is best that I don't stay near you until I become strong enough to crush every faction on my own~

Also, I know what you feel for me and I also feel something I don't know yet so I'll try to sort out these feelings till we meet again.

Love from your Handsome servant~)

"What the hell?"

Her calm face crumbled in front of a nonsensical letter. She couldn't understand how her stoic-faced servant wrote a letter like this.

After reading it again, she broke out in a burst of laughter before tears of sadness trickled down her cheeks to the letter.

"Crush every faction, hahaha. Idiot, just come back…"

The letter abruptly let out a blue glow and new words appeared on it with a sketch below it.

(As I thought you were crying. Sona-sama, you aren't a kid so stop crying. Look at my masterpiece and cheer up~)

Her face turned red from embarrassment and anger, the sketch was a life-like image of a black-haired girl wearing glasses. Her outfit included a magical girl dress and a magic stick.

"This bastard… To draw me in a magical girl dress…"

She shook her head and headed out to meet her Onee-sama about Hiro's disappearance and try to find him. She also had to calm her down or she might end up destroying heavens in rage.

The change will be explained in the next chapter.

36