Trial 16: Dragon God
1.3k 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hiro arrived outside the outer gate of the Sitri Mansion. For some reason this all so familiar Mansion seemed foreign to him. He couldn't grasp the reason even after thinking for several minutes. He just stood there as people passed by him unable to detect him.

He shook his head and faked Serafall's crest to enter the Mansion. Her busy schedule didn't allow her to stay home at this time. People won't double question others and assume this as another one of her pranks.

"How did this gate open?"

"Ghost?"

He walked past the guards examining the gate for any problem. He noticed a group of devils rushing around.

What's going on? They all appear to be the trash who bad-mouthed me before…

While eying the group, he walked in the direction of the mansion.

Oh, there is a guest…

He found Sona in the garden. She was seated on a chair. On the seat opposite her, a crimson-haired girl sat sipping on the tea. Her blue eyes carried sharpness unfitting of her age. A silver-haired woman in maid clothes stood behind her with her hands clasped on her lap. A calm aura emanating from her body and a serious look in her red eyes.

The infamous Gremory princess and wife of Maou Lucifer…

Just as he stared at her, the maid frowned and shifted her gaze in his direction. The temperature in the area fell down by a few degrees.

"What happened?"

Rias asked, noticing the sudden change in the atmosphere.

Grayfia took back her aura and bowed. "I'm sorry for interrupting Ojou-sama. I just had a misunderstanding."

"It's fine. Ah! Where were we?"

Sona, who absentmindedly gazed in a certain direction, turned to Rias. Call it a woman's intuition or something, but she had a hunch Hiro was near. She couldn't get this feeling out of her mind and Grayfia's reaction only strengthened it further.

"We were talking about the past of your Rook, Knight and Queen."

"Yeah, I'm really troubled how to heal their trauma and they already announced my engagement to 'that' man."

Sona sighed at her nonchalant tone. "Are you not worried about this? His 'reputation' is not so good from what I heard."

Rias ignored her friend's worried tone. Taking a sip of tea, she smirked at her friend.

"I'm fully confident in beating him. I still need to bait him for a one on one fight and that's it."

"Ojou-sama! Please mind your tone, you are the current Heir of Gremory Clan."

"It's not like I wanted to become one," Rias muttered under her breath.

Hiro was frozen at his position. He even had to stop breathing to cheat the senses of Silver-haired Queen of Annihilation.

Her reputation isn't just for show. Her aura is even stronger than Tiamat…

He took a last long look at Sona as if burying her picture in his mind before he slowly backed away. The maid might sense him if he just stood there.

Fuck my luck…

He strolled around to relive some memories. He couldn't shake away the feeling that something fishy was going on here. He stalked the suspicious bullies for clues.

Street after street, he silently tailed the three devils leading him to a facility located somewhere inside Sitri Territory.

The three of them searched the vicinity for any person before one of them opened the door guarded by multiple security artifacts. They were all unaware of the guy entering the facility with them.

The biggest of the bully finally opened his mouth. "Fuck that fucking Elder Bonis. Making us do all the dirty work while he himself lives inside that Mansion."

"Yeah, fuck him with his family. If we get into trouble, I'll drag him down with us."

"Of course, he thinks he can outsmart us."

They all chuckled boisterously and stopped in front of a room. The leader took out a key and opened the door.

Hiro curiously scanned the room to find nothing. It was just a simple room. The leader devil pushed the bed in the middle of the room. Hiro's eyes widened in surprise at the magic circle carved on the ground. It had a crest that looked like two crossed swords.

This sign, where did I see this? They are actually spies? Let's see who they are spying for…

He stood behind the three devils and cast the illusion magic to change his appearance into an average japanese youth.

Tsuki's illusion skill is really out of the world....

The magic circle glowed with a fiery orange and teleported him to an unknown location. He had a magic circle ready to escape if things went south.

Once again, his eyes opened wide. The scene around him appeared to be a large hall. Devils in dozens of numbers roamed around while talking to each other.

They are all members of different clans…

This really puzzled him, he never met a gathering of so many different devils under one roof except formal occasions.

Just as he was about to move a cold sensation gripped his neck. He slowly turned around to see a small girl tugging the hem of his shirt. Beneath her long black hair, he noticed the pointed ears. Her expressionless black eyes had pupils like reptiles.

Feeling her overwhelming aura, his «Demonic perception» unconsciously activated and darkness covered his vision. Endless darkness reminded him of a certain god from Elans' memories. But that individual had the body of an old man not a kid. He forcibly shut down the ability and glared into her eyes.

"Ouroboros Dragon?"

The girl nodded her head, no one could believe this little girl was one of the two strongest Dragon Gods, Ophis. She was capable of destroying anything. Elans theorized she could be counted as one of the Chaotic creatures as she represents Infinity and Chaos to some extent. However, the nothingness in her dulled the effects of Chaos to literally nothing.

"You... are... him?"

He sensed no malice or anger from her question.

"Him? Who?"

The devils finally noticed the stranger talking to Ophis. Before they drew their weapons to strike down the intruder, Ophis glared at everyone with her expressionless eyes.

"Who is this 'him' you were referring to?"

Hiro once again asked, he never had any memories of meeting her. Who in the world can even forget about a meeting with Ophis?

"You… are the… Origin?"

He frowned, unable to comprehend her words. "What origin?"

Ophis tilted her head as she answered, "...The Origin?"

"..."

I slightly tweaked the personality of Rias

20