Trial 34: Kuoh Academy
859 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scorching rays of sunlight dyed the world. People on the streets went about their business, unaware of the group of ‘Devils’ walking among them.

Hiro stared at the sun like Sona and Momo. Sona felt a bit weaker while Momo lost nearly 20% of her strength under the sunlight. Despite the fact that she had a bishop piece which granted a boost to reserves. High demonic power also gave the ability to resist natural weaknesses like Holy power and sunlight since devils were wanderers of night.

Unlike them, Hiro somehow gained complete resistance to daylight. His body was evolving with the help of origin energy.

But, being the loving boyfriend he was, he cast an invisible barrier on Sona to especially filter out the sunlight and hide her devil aura. He did the same for Momo who expressed her gratitude with a nod. While Sona stayed silent. His joke backfired this time.

Though he wasn't lying about ‘eating’ her. His will could control his lust to an extent but the devil blood in his body enhanced all of his instincts and also the teenage hormones. Even he would find it hard to stay with a girl and not ‘do’ anything.

Sona led the three of them to the local train, purchased a ticket then got on the train to Kuoh. Their group attracted attention both in good and bad ways. A group of delinquents tried to approach them but Hiro made them flee with a tiny bit of his killing intent.

Soon, the train stopped and Hiro and the others came down from the train and onto the platform.

“Amazing, isn't it?” asked Sona as her eyes scanned the crowd waiting on the platform.

“...Way better than Underworld,” whispered Hiro, remembering the Old Maou faction ready to cause chaos in whole Underworld.

Fortunately, Sona didn't hear this or he might have gotten another handful of scolding from her.

“Momo-san, how do you address Hiro-san? Does he not have a second name?” Tsubaki whispered behind his back.

“I haven't heard of it. Maybe Sona-san knows it,” Momo answered in a barely audible voice.

Hiro shook his head. His surname was taken away by his own family. His hand crept closer to Sona’s and firmly gripped it. A scarlet glow covered her cheeks, she took a deep breath and led the group out of the station.

Thus began the shopping spree of a girl obsessed with Japan, a daughter of a well-known group, and lastly the girl who really needed a change of clothes to stop the males from drooling.

From one shop to another, the girls tried every outfit just for fun. Sona in different clothes was a treat for his eyes. While he also enjoyed the girlish reactions of Tsubaki and Momo glancing his way mostly from fear?

As the only guy, he had to carry their baggage since he couldn't resort to using his inventory in public.

The sun was already tinged with hues of orange by the time they finished the shopping. Carrying a load of bags in his hands, Hiro arrived outside the bustling academy known as ‘Kuoh Academy’.

Why do I only see girls here?

Indeed, only females could be seen lurking about the gateway.

Sona proudly led the group inside. The whole academy circled around a fountain. By each side of the steel gate spanned a garden, full of trees of all sizes. The academy itself was split into three buildings. The main one was at the center which Sona introduced as the High School building. While two other buildings were positioned at each wing; the Middle-school division at the left, the College division at the right.

“But Sona-san, this is an all-girls private school. Hiro-san won't be able to join it.” Momo voiced out the question disturbing her mind.

“I think the same,” Tsubaki added.

Sona’s fingertips pushed her glasses, creating a mysterious aura. “I have my own ways.”

“... Sona, can… you let a friend of mine join the school?” He asked.

“Tsukiha, wasn't it? You are asking this favor for her, am I right?” asked Sona in a low sharp voice.

Her piercing gaze almost made him turn away but he felt he would lose something if he backed down now. Forming the most serious expression, he replied,

“Yes. I want her to enjoy a normal life outside of the time spent clearing the record.”

Sona immediately flinched before her gaze softened. “It shall be done.”

“Thanks…”

“No problem. But in return, I want to have a face to face meeting with Tsukiha.”

Sona was sure to ask for a meeting. The jealousy in her violet eyes made him release a deep sigh. “Alright, but promise me one thing, you'll not try to provoke her. Her mentality is heavily influenced by her emotions and I don't want to see any of you hurt each other.”

Sona replied with a calm smile, “I promise.”

Many female students gathered in the open ground watched them but the high-class aura around Hiro’s group made them hesitate to approach.

Tsubaki and Momo also witnessed this.

“We must cheer for Sona-san to not lose against that other girl.”

“Yeah, I think Hiro-san is bound to face many difficulties in his life.”

Tsubaki supported Sona while Momo felt sorry for Hiro.

An hour later, the group arrived at Sona’s house in Kuoh.

Sona unlocked the door while Hiro put down the dozens of bags. Before Momo and Tsubaki offered to take the bags but Sona refused it in his place. She still seemed mad at him standing up for Tsukiha.

Shaking his head, he entered with Momo and Tsubaki following behind.

Sigh, Sorry for the delay. But I was going through a writer’s block which I only got over my friend’s advice.

20