Trial 1: Unknown Danger
4.9k 7 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, this is my second story here on Scribble, MC is an OC who has quite tragic past so some of his actions won't be normal. But he won't commit any evil deeds without reason.

As this is DxD, there will be harem. But it won't be every female character in DxD. Of course, it won't be without any development.

As for his powers, I won't say much but it will be quite unique.

Well, I've said enough, Enjoy!


On a street packed with people, some had bat-like wings growing out of their back, a few in particular had skin of different colors such as red and blue. Between the relentless crowd stood one young boy.

He had short ash blonde hair. His face had well defined features with traces of immaturity. His indifferent eyes were a mesmerising deep ocean blue with flecks of silvery light mixed between, gazing at the people or 'Devils' anyone will say in the underworld. However with indifference a sense of strange emptiness dwelled deep within his eyes.

After looking enough, he walked in a certain street.

A wide variety of shops lined the streets, antique shops, jewelry shops, fine accessory shops, all showcasing their finest products on the display below their name. This was one of the most popular streets in the Capital for selling the most strange yet exotic items.

[Tch, the halfling is here.]

[Sigh, this guy got really good luck in getting adopted in Hime-sama house.]

[Oi quiet down! He can hear us.]

[I'm so scared, hahaha.]

He ignored the taunts he was too used to hearing, he couldn't care less about the gazes filled with scorn and hatred, he only cared about one person more than his own life. He just wanted to… protect her.

Thinking about his lovely and intelligent master, he walked toward his destination, a small shop he visited regularly.

The shop wasn't big, it was on the smaller side compared to other shops on this street. He walked inside the automated sliding door and looked at the various magic staves, and several Grimoire shelved inside the showcase, some antiques lined up near the counter with a cute sign hanging below it, 'Nice to look, Nice to hold, but if you break it, consider it sold.'

Everything here stole his attention no matter how many times he came here in his thirteen year old life.

"Yo, Hiroshi-chan, been a while you came here."

A thin brown-haired devil greeted him, his handsome face grinning ear to ear with squinted eyes.

"How's the business today, Karo-san?"

He tried so many times to get Karo to stop calling him Hiroshi-chan, but he always failed against the unfaltering smile of this guy.

"Pretty fine, if I say so. So whatcha buying today?"

Hiroshi nodded and passed the list to him. Karo read the list with his eyes closed, Hiroshi always wondered how can he see with his eyes closed? Maybe he used some spell to look.

Karo held his chin with one hand as if pondering deeply.

"Hiroshi-chan, I don't have any demonic beast cores from the list, but fret not I'll give you the address of my friend's shop. You can go there and buy them."

Hiroshi heaved a sigh of relief, demonic beast core or some even called them crystal were the most important for his Master. She was trying to improve control over her demonic powers. She was struggling with every bit of her power to fight. To fight for her dreams.

He really wanted to help her but as people said he was nothing more than trash.

He brushed away the depressing thoughts and noted down the address Karo gave him.

After getting all the stuff, he bade farewell to Karo, the only man who didn't treat him harshly.

Out on the streets again, he started to follow the directions given by Karo. After walking for fifteen minutes, he came across a strange street. Not a single breathing soul was within his sight.

"I never saw this place so... lifeless. Let's see… 34th shop on this street… found it!"

His mouth widened as his eyes fell on the tall grey building in the middle of the street. An evil aura oozing out of every aged brick of the building.

Hiroshi had sharp senses for as long as he remembered, maybe it was due to being a human and devil hybrid. The sudden chills crawling up his spine made him step back.

! ! !

His eyes stretched wide in surprise, his back crashed against something solid. He turned back in a hurry, there was nothing behind him. He stretched his hand and touched the invisible barrier blocking the way behind.

"Is this a trap set up for me?"

He wasn't the one to brag, but the people who hated and envied him surpassed ten thousand easily, thanks to his close relationship with Master.

He curled his fist and punched the barrier.

"This is not demonic power or magic… This energy is completely different from anything I ever encountered… Even a high class devil won't be able to break this barrier. I don't think I'm worthy enough to be targeted by any Ultimate class Devil."

He looked back at the building, just a glance at it covered his skin with goosebumps.

"Might as well try it, I don't have any other choice here. I can't rely on my Master for every trouble I find myself in."

He moved forward in small and cautious steps, his eyes searching around for any enemy. He reached the gate without any surprises.

The five meter large double door was made out of some kind of wooden. Several lines of words were written in a language he couldn't comprehend.

"It's not some gibberish, is it? I can read almost any language used in different factions. Even the ones I can't read, I can at least recognize them."

Creak~

The door opened itself, showing the long hallways inside, shrouded in darkness. He narrowed his eyes, his devil powers that granted him the ability to see things in darkness wasn't working here.

Even as a half-devil, he was feeling goosebumps all over his body. He stepped inside the door and started walking in the hallways while trying to find some clues. He went past a few locked doors he wasn't able to open.

"Now my mind is calm for some reason… as if I-"

[Scanning Soul of Individual named 'Hiroshi']

[Scan finished… Affirmative]

[Now commencing Protocol Ortus… Preparations finished]

[Unsealing the Seed of Ortus]

[Ortus Main Interface now on standby]

An artificial voice reverberated in the area as the surrounding walls vanished.

Hiroshi dumbfoundedly looked around for the source of voice.

43