Trial 3: Surviving the Maou
2.6k 3 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sona heard the story with a frown on her face. Her mind was calculating the dangers they will face if any information about his new powers got to the anyone in three factions.

"Sona-sama… I can just go if it—"

Sona cut him off with a serious face. "Hiro stop saying that, you are important to me. I won't let anyone harm you. We'll hide your power from everyone. Onee-sama might have some solution for it."

Despite having an unrivalled intelligence among her peers, she was still fourteen years old.

"Where is Serafall-sama anyway?"

"She… went to the studio for her magical girl shoot."

"..."

"Sona-sama, I'll get stronger so we can fulfill your dream…"

"Give me the pawn piece first."

Hiroshi handed her the pawn piece as she said and fell on his right knee with his right hand resting on the ground. His head drooped at a low angle.

Sona sighed and infused her aura on symbols carved on pawn piece, the white piece lit up with a blue glow, while a blue magic circle appeared on the floor below Hiroshi.

"I, Sona Sitri, the heir to Sitri Clan asks you to serve me and protect me as my pawn and family. In turn, I shall protect you with all my strength. Do you agree?"

"I agree!"

The pawn piece from her disappeared with the magic circle.

"Huh!?"

Sona eyes widened the next moment, and the pawn piece reappeared in her hands. She adjusted the frame of her glasses and looked at Hiroshi.

"It seems one pawn piece isn't enough…"

After she tried two pawn pieces, even they weren't enough to reincarnate him. Then she used three pieces, only able to reincarnate him with four pawn pieces.

"For your potential to increase so much, I can't believe it, but I have to... with all the facts in front of me."

She placed her hand on his cheeks, a soft smile formed on her face.

"So-tan~ Hiro-chan~ I'm back~!"

A voice came from outside the room, probably from hallways. Sona put down her hand and coughed dryly. Hiroshi tilted his head in confusion.

Bang!

The door was opened forcefully, it still survived thanks to the enchantments on it. The culprit was a lovely girl in her late teens with black hair tied in twin tails. She might appear as an elegant young lady if not for her outfit, which was a pink magical girl dress.

"Hiro-chan! Thank Maou, you are fine! I rushed back the moment I heard something happen to you."

She pulled his head in her large bosom, clearly unfit for her petite body, yet it looked natural on her.

"Onee-chan was so worried about you."

"Onee-sama!" Sona interjected in a stern tone.

"Oh my, So-tan also need some hugs? Come here and rest your head in Onee-chan's embrace~"

Hiroshi struggled to free himself from the female devil's clutch. He might have suffocated in the soft heaven without using a spell to breathe.

"Onee-sama! I'm serious, it's about Hiroshi."

Serafall's face turned serious, she let go of Hiroshi and enclosed the room in a barrier to stop anyone from listening.

"What is it?"

Sona nodded and explained the newfound powers of Hiroshi, he also demonstrated the Holy power in front of them.

Sona body trembled instinctively, despite seeing it for the second time. She was a high class devil, yet in front of holy power chills crawled all over her body.

Serafall frowned, she understood this power better than Sona. This light element purity could match a two-winged angel. The situation was more serious than Sona, who was still somewhat unskilled than Serafall in diplomacy had guessed.

"Don't ever show this power in front of anyone unless I agree. You understand?"

She said in a serious voice, unlike her usual cheerful tone.

Hiro nodded his head, feeling a bit touched inside.

"Besides, Onee-chan promised to protect my cute and handsome Hiroshi-chan~"

This was a promise from Serafall Leviathan, also known as the Strongest female Devil in Underworld.

With another quick nod, he said, "I will, Sera onee-chan."

"So-tan, I arranged a meeting with your future bishop. Be ready tomorrow and Hiro-chan, you'll accompany So-tan."

A tad bit of surprise flashed in the calm eyes of Sona. "Who is it?"

Serafall winked mischievously. "That's a surprise~"

Sona nodded her head with a sigh, her Onee-sama antics really boggled her mind.


Evening of the same day,

After taking a relaxing bath, Hiroshi was rather hungry and tired. He opened the door to Dining Hall and his somewhat droopy eyes shot open in surprise.

Pop! Pop! Pop!

"Hap-py Birth-day Hii-rooo-chaaaaan~"

Sounds of balloons bursting followed by Serafall's overly energetic voice broke him out of the stupor, he forgot the fact that it was his birthday today. He stood there frozen until another voice called out to him.

"Come inside."

Hearing his Master's strict tone, he entered the mildly decorated room. Serafall and Sona stood there behind a large piece of ice.

'Happy 14th Birthday, Hiroshi' was neatly carved in pink letters neatly on deep blue ice. Above it, a cake covered in white icing, decorated with red roses. Rather than cake, it was better to simply call it a tower of sweetness considering it had more than ten layers.

"Thanks…"

It was all he could say to convey his mountain-sized gratitude. Sona felt the emotions in his words and a bright smile appeared on her face.

"Congratulations on your 14th birthday."

"We'll dress So-tan in a magical girl dress and watch Miracle Levia-tan~"

Sona gaze turned blank as she whispered, "Kill me…"

Hiroshi couldn't help but chuckle softly at her reaction. Sona noticing his laugh, flashed a sweet smile, sending chills down his spine.

"Let's cut the cake, I feel very hungry…"

He decided to change the topic, every time she smiled like this, it never ended well for him.

After cutting the cake and the brief dinner, the small party came to an end. Sona and Serafall took out their presents with a smirk on their face.

Under the hopeful eyes of two girls, he decided to unwrap the presents here.

First was Sona's gift. He pulled the ribbon on the box, something outside of his expectations emerged from the colorful box.

"Amazing..."

36