Trial 8: The infant dragon
1.6k 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hiroshi's eyes fell on the monster around 2 meters in length, standing on two legs and a tail ending with a tip resembling an arrow. Its front legs attached to wings and a head akin to a bird.

Did someone fused a bird with a wyvern?

Its opponent had a really long body structure with lanky arms. It was able to quickly dodge wyvern's black flames and pounced on its back. It raised its long arms in the air to ferociously pound wyvern's back. The wyvern furiously flapped its wings to fly but the troll acted intelligently and swiped its sharp claws across the right wing of the wyvern.

"Kraaawr!" Wyvern released a high pitched roar, but then a strange thing happened. Rather than continuing, the tall troll turned its tail and ran towards the wastelands.

A sense of danger enveloped Hiroshi's body, he trusted his instincts and hid behind the tree with Tsukiha. He concentrated the stealth aura on their bodies.

Roaaar!!! An angry roar nearly frightened Tsukiha. He peeked his head, only to gawk further. A thin reptilian body wrapped in red scales paired with two large wings on its back, a flexible tail longer than its body and golden eyes shining in its dragon-head.

'An infant fire dragon, this one appears to be Middle class at most. The wyvern should barely classify as Middle class. We can handle them but we need to finish it faster before we attract other monsters.'

"Tsukiha, we are killing them, but let's be quick, okay?"

"We wanted to fight that dragon," Tsukiha shot a look of hatred at Dragon, feeling ashamed of fearing an infant dragon.

The wyvern fell flat on the ground as if begging for its life. The dragon with a scornful look raised its right forepaw and struck down on wyvern's head.

His heart thumped loudly in his chest, the thrill of fighting with his life on the line really elated him. Before the dragon could deal the final blow on wyvern, he darted forward. The red dragon not expecting any sneak attack got a straight kick on its face that nearly knocked its brains out.

Hiroshi ignored the dragon and stabbed the longsword in wyvern's skull. The wyvern opened its beak and screeched loudly, nearly popping his ears out. He twisted the blade and injected the blade with origin energy. 

The dragon finally snapped out of its stunned state and opened its maw to eat the delicious creature in its eyes. Hiroshi had no intention to move even when the dragon was right behind him showing its fangs.

"Don't forget us!" Tsukiha in a near frenzy state, kicked the ground and crashed into the dragon. Seeing the open mouth of the dragon, Tsukiha responded by widening its jaw and biting down on its throat. It stopped any chance of breathing fire.

The taste in Tsukiha's mouth nearly disgusted it. "Hiro, kill it quick. It stinks so bad that we are about to vomit."

"That's the smell of Chaos element, rotten down to its core."

Hiro said without looking away from wyvern's corpse. He bent and placed his hand on its head.

[Purifying Chaos present in lifeform… Conversion in process...]

A small maelstrom of origin energy swirled around its corpse and gradually became closer. Snap! Snap!... The whirlpool compressed and broke down wyvern's body until only a tiny orb was left in its place. Even after losing most of the energy in purification, the candy sized orb overflowed with origin energy.

Hiroshi smiled and snatched the rather warm orb and placed it inside his mouth.

It does taste good…

In a happy mood, he dashed toward the dragon held in place by Tsukiha. He felt a bit bad for using Tsukiha like this.

Covering his hands in Touki, he stabbed the place where the dragon heart should be. His sword easily penetrated through the flesh on its chest. Just as his sword was about to pierce the heart, he stopped and jumped back, narrowly dodging the tail swipe.

"Hold it tight!"

"We are trying our best!"

He poured origin energy into the blade and gave it one last push. The struggling stopped as the dragon took its last breath.

"It was easier than I expected."

The familiar vortex engulfed the dragon corpse and turned it into a candy twice the size of wyvern one.

Tsukiha watched the process with wide-open eyes. Unable to comprehend a single thing about it. But the excitement of discovering new things overtook the curiosity.

Hiroshi moved his gaze between the candy in his hand and Tsukiha. He sighed and broke it in half. No matter what, his partner really helped him this time.

"Here, eat it, it'll make you stronger."

"Really?" Tsukiha stared at the candy with a face full of enthusiasm.

He tossed the half origin candy in its mouth and gulped down the other half. A warmth spread through his heart along with a surge of origin energy. He could feel his reserves increasing at an unimaginable rate. After it was over, he quietly looked at Tsukiha trying to digest the energy. It might take a minute or two, so he decided to do something.

'Aux-san, check my reserves.'

[Scanning Host's body… Amount of origin energy is equal to High Mid-Class according to the standard set by Previous host.]

Nice, we need to move or some other thing might pop… here it is…

The tall troll that ran before returned with dozens of its kind. But all they found was a small creature looking their way with a hungry gaze. Their bodies felt chill but being the creatures of Chaos, they screamed with all their all might.

Nice… more prey, more candies...

Hiroshi darted into the fray of trolls, his sword left afterimages and beheaded the trolls. Five minutes, he looked at the dozen corpses lying in front of him. He smiled and created a dozen candies and ate all of them.

Thanks to origin energy killing Chaos creatures is easier than fighting devils of the same class.

His eyes squinted in delight, he didn't know if it was the pleasing taste of candy or becoming stronger but he was in a really good mood.

"Tsukiha, I'll call you Tsuki from on. It'll be a nickname."

"I still haven't forgiven thee for leaving us alone…" Tsukiha whined near his face.

He laughed wryly and began making his way toward the wasteland.

Let's see what dangers I will experience here...

Discord link - discord.gg/C62Xnr5 if you want to see how the monsters look like

23