Trial 9: Evolution
1.5k 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The golden sun shone brightly in the sky, weirdly enough, it rained down grey sunlight in place of normal bright white. Below it laid a barren brown desert, several mighty mountains could be seen in the distance. Near one of those mountains stood a youth and a strange dragon-like creature. Both of their eyes gazed into the dark cave.

It's been half a day since they killed the infant dragon. They encountered a group of Tall trolls right after they entered the wasteland. After making a batch of candies, he began searching for some base. They found nothing even after searching for 5 hours. As a last resort, he made Tsukiha scan the area from above which attracted two infant dragons.

He sighed and took care of them in minutes, gaining another two candies. They followed the path to the cave Tsukiha found and ended up here.

Hiroshi's deep blue eyes let out a terrifying glow as he pushed his perception to the limits with the «Demonic perception» ability of the Beleth Clan. He stepped inside the spacious cave and swept his glare over the natural made high grounds. Blue glowing figures laid there, telling him about enemies.

One, two, six, fifteen…

"Tsuki, ready for another round of candies?"

"Yes, we indeed like those. It tastes good and makes us stronger at the same time."

Hiroshi nodded his head and jumped above with muffled footsteps. Looking at the ugly trolls sleeping peacefully, he couldn't help but wonder if they were the same kind of creatures that once caused chaos in many worlds.

Trihexa… also known as the Apocalyptic beast was the first chaos creature to break the world boundaries of 15th or the strongest record in Ortus and nearly destroyed Heavens. This all happened when Elans was busy slaughtering monsters in the 14th record. Even Biblical God was unable to fight against Trihexa. In the end, God risked his life to seal the Apocalyptic Beast using numerous forbidden seals. This incident wasn't recorded in any history, God never told anyone about it except the Seraphs. But Elans who secretly dated 'Sandalphon', one of the Ten Seraphs, knew about it. He even went to check the seals in the 'End of The World' and praised the seals his 'Father-in-law' placed.

Hiroshi after mulling over something that an occurrence might not happen again, swung down the blade coated in a crimson aura, decapitating the troll before it could even open its eyes. He inwardly praised the Beleth Clan, also known as Devil Assassins and proceeded to finish off the rest. Not a single noise was heard and he had taken fifteen lives.

Maybe I should assassinate a few of the old fogies in the Underworld, that will make the Underworld far more peaceful…

Finding his own talent for assassination, he mused to himself with a calm smile.

"Hiro make candies!"

Facing an overly excited Tsuki, he nodded and one by one created fifteen candies of Origin energy.

Let's call it Origin candy from now on…

He gave seven to Tsuki and ate eight of them. He could feel her reserves rising, nearly breaking through to the High Class level.

It's really sad that I can only bring my contracted familiar here… I'll contract every strong familiar…

Tsuki lowered its head and curled its head near its stomach. Threads made of silver aura flowed from its body and formed a shining cocoon, enveloping Tsuki's body. It looked to be evolving or more precisely officially stepping into High Class. Even before he met Tsuki, its reserves appeared infinitely closer to High Class ranking. He was only able to defeat it because of his vast range of abilities and Tsuki having zero real battle experience.

Surviving here might get easier with Tsuki, Let's set up my base...

First of all, he erased the smell of blood to not attract any monsters while they were resting and placed a barrier on the entrance of his new base. He leaned against the cave and brought out the Sumatafone covered in pink from top to bottom.

With a small smile, he powered it with barely a percent of his demonic power.

"Hmm, what's that?" Sensing another fluctuation of energy, he flipped over the smartphone. A heart shaped sticker was pasted on its back, the fluctuation he sensed came from it. He removed it and inspected its magic circle with demonic perception.

"Tracker… why does Sera onee-chan want to stalk me? For my safety?"

He shook his head and burned the tracker then began browsing through the smartphone. Finding nothing interesting, he watched the episodes of Miracle☆Levia-tan until he got bored of it and admired the pictures of Sona, his former Master, dressed in a Magical Girl dress. The blushing expression on her face increased his heartbeat for some reason, even Serafall onee-chan stored her pictures on the smartphone. Her costumes differed from a nurse, a teacher and even some things he really shouldn't be looking at.

He released an exasperated sigh and opened the inventory app installed on the smartphone. 2d pixelated icons appeared on the screen, he pressed two of them.

Seemingly out of thin air, a blanket alongside a pillow emerged right on top of him. The origin energy in his body won't let him feel the need to eat or even drink. As long as he didn't expend any energy in fighting, his body could go on forever without any external source of energy.

As Hiroshi fell asleep, the cocoon around Tsuki's body shook intensely. Cracks formed on one end and stretched all the way to the other before a head popped out of it.

"We became stronger again. We even chose our gender as a female. Should we tell Hiro?"

She fell in a loop of thoughts before nearly screaming in irritation. Our mind isn't really suited for smart things, she thought and eyed Hiro sleeping with a strange object in his hands. She sneaked closer and picked it up with her claws far thinner than before.

'Who is this woman? What kind of clothing is this? Does Hiro like this woman?'

The woman on the smartphone's screen was Serafall wearing a revealing demon costume and holding a whip in her hands.

'We won't let anyone have him. He is our partner.'

She quietly put the phone back to its place and rested her body near Hiro.

25