Trial 11: Five-Headed Hydra
1.3k 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The veil of chaotic air settled down and revealed a giant monster around 7m in length. Four thick legs with sharp claws supported its massive body. Five dragon heads attached to its body with extended necks simultaneously raised their heads and released a thunderous roar as if announcing its presence to the world.

Hiro hiding behind the Hydra covered his ears in origin energy. He really wanted to dash and kill the arrogant snake.

"Hiro, we have a new plan. Please put your trust in us and follow our instructions."

He nodded, his glowing eyes stalking the right opportunity to strike.

As the roar stopped, Hydra finally laid its eye on the creature standing proudly in its presence. The five pair of eyes began to burn with scorn and opened one of its mouths to shoot a breath of blazing fire.

Tsukiha snorted through her nose and shot a silver breath of her own to counter the fire. The eyes of Hydra widened in surprise before the arrogance and pride overtook its rational thoughts. It used the rest of its ability to kill the arrogant creature.

Tsukiha decided to get serious, the hail of frost and fire were deadly but the poison was more dangerous. One head was useless it seems, she thought and launched in the air to dodge. Floating in the air, she glanced at Hiro's eyes glowing brilliantly. A strange feeling flooded her heart but she controlled it and used her final trump card.

Her body began growing at an unimaginable rate until she was nearly twice the size of Hydra.

Hydra's arrogance shattered into pieces. But the instincts of a chaotic monster ordered it to kill every living creature and consume them.

"Hiro now! Try to cut off the heads as fast as possible."

Hiro pushed his touki enveloped body to the limits and jumped after the fifth step. His feet landed at its back. The longsword in his hand erupted with crimson aura, he wasted no moment and pierced the uncovered flesh near the spine.

Almost immediately, a loud shriek was heard. Hiroshi paid no heed and dragged the sword across the spine to near its neck and severed one of its heads. He glanced at Tsuki wrestling with three heads at the same time.

Sadly, no regeneration for you. Origin energy won't allow you that luxury...

At the same time, his instincts buzzed at the incoming danger. He leaped off its body, dodging the poisonous breath that might've really melted his body.

The crimson aura disappeared and wind coiled around his sword in a whirlpool. He lifted his sword. Zing! Zing! Zing! The three slashes generated a wind blade each and attacked all three heads engaging with Tsuki. The blood flowed from the long slashes on its neck.

But Hiroshi knew they were just superficial with the high vitality of this damned Hydra. His origin energy could halt its regeneration provided with chaos element.

He once again leaped on its back and ran toward its neck, his sword creating a long trail of wound as he evaded each poisonous breath by a hair's breadth. The sword enveloped the power of destruction smoothly sliced another head off. But the Hydra's poisonous breath grazed past his back. The poison mixed with chaos element melted the touki then clothes and finally his skin.

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! The burning pain in his back was endurable. If the vile poison entered his body, he might as well say goodbye to this world.

[Detected Poison in Host's body… Removing all status effects] 

Luck appeared to be on his side, you should have told me sooner. He cursed and looked at Tsuki's body covered in burns and wounds. Two heads of Hydra had buried their fangs in her throat and wings.

A burning rage nearly took over his body before he took a deep breath and ignored the poisonous breath wrecking his body from outside. He plunged the sword in its neck. The Hydra screamed again and left Tsuki, but he wasn't lucky enough as something slammed his back, blowing him away.

Cough! Cough!

He crashed against the wall and coughed out a mouthful of blood. Fortunately, his body was protected by touki or he might have been severely injured.

"Hiro! How dare you hurt our Hiro? How dare you!?"

Tsukiha's eyes turned dark when she saw Hiro getting injured. Her mind nearly lost all sanity as she was about to enter the Outrage state of mind but Hiro stopped her with a shout. She noticed him walking without any difficulty and turned to Hydra left with only two heads and the last barely hanging on its neck. If she tried to remove it, the head might regenerate immediately.

Her new skill «Transform» depleted her stamina faster than she thought. We really are stupid, we shouldn't have dragged Hiro down with our battle junky habits, she regretted in his heart.

Hiro could intuit what she was thinking. He gulped down one of the origin energy candies of the infant dragons he saved up. Half of his origin energy recovered in an instant and his reserves inched closer to High Class. He used some of it to heal the wounds and dashed toward the Hydra.

Time to finish this…

He thrust both of his hands and crimson magic circles materialized before his hands.

"Crimson bullets"

A burst of crimson shot out of both magic circles and hit the Hydra, the dangling head was severed and the other head had a deep hole in its neck.

I still need to work on my control…

The attack took away a third of his reserves, he still didn't stop. He was really close, only two heads and he will slay an Ultimate Class foe. His fear vanished as his heart throbbed in excitement.

"Tsukiha! Leave it to me and rest!"

He shouted and kicked the ground. In the air, he slashed at the heavily injured head, cutting it off and dodged the fire breath from the last head.

"Die!"

He swung the sword and injured the leg. He dashed and hid under the Hydra's giant frame. His sword pierced its unguarded stomach, it still retained this trait from serpent. The painful screeches rang like music in his head.

I can do it!

A confident smile appeared on his face as he lightly evaded the attack from the tail and reached Hydra's back. The Hydra angrily swung its tail and threw fire breath but Tsuki intercepted them with her aura attacks.

The moment it came to its senses, a crimson light flash flashed and its eyes blanked out.

19