Trial 12: Demonic Lightning
1.3k 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hiroshi, instead of creating origin candy, walked toward Tsuki, who had now returned to her former size. He couldn't stop the frown when he looked at the wounds on her body. Most of her beautiful feathers were charred or frozen stiff.

He gulped down another candy and began healing her with «Healing».

"You muscle-brained idiot. Your plan was to distract Hydra with your own body and let me finish it off. I'm not letting you formulate any plan from now on."

Tsuki was unable to deny his words. She still tried to fight back for her dignity.

"Why are you calling us muscle brained? We never di—"

"Shut up! Look at your neck if I saved you a minute later Hydra would've broken your trachea bone. Even if you are an almighty creature you are not a dragon completely born from energy! My healing won't work..."

Though he could heal her, he lied to peg down her confidence so she won't become a complete battle junkie charging into a fight without thinking.

She hung her head, strange feelings clouding her mind. She sensed the concern in Hiro's voice but he was treating her like an immature kid. I won't allow him to treat us this way, we are equal partners, she thought and raised her head.

Her fierce gaze only lasted for a moment as she stared at the fist-sized ball in Hiro's hand.

Seeing the heart in her eyes and her tail wagging furiously, Hiroshi shook his head and broke the ball into four parts.

"I'll give you one of these after we return."

"We are okay with that!"

Honestly, he didn't want to use origin candies to manipulate her but thinking it was for the best for her, he proceeded with the plan.

He teleported back to the base and gave Tsuki one fourth while eating one fourth himself. A stream of cold energy flowed through his body as his reserves reached back to the peak in an instant while increasing the limit higher and higher. It lasted only for several moments.

[Host has surpassed Mid-Class and entered Low High-Class.]

Finally…

He watched Tsuki sleeping cozily. The feathers were also better after he healed them.

Might as well use her feathers…

He shrugged and leaned his back against the fluffy and comfortable feather and closed his eyes.

Half an hour later, Tsukiha woke up to find Hiro snuggling? close to her. She was happy, despite not knowing why. She slowly raised her wing and used it as a blanket to cover Hiro.

What is happening to us? 

In some confusion and happiness, Tsuki dozed off.

---

The next day, Hiro woke up with a refreshing feeling. After finding he was trapped inside Tsuki's wings, he pushed the wings and got ready to completely clean up the mountains.

Tsukiha also woke up moments later then the duo moved out of the cave for slaughter.

Following the same routine, days passed, Hiroshi and Tsukiha killed numerous monsters together and increased their power at a tremendous rate. Tsuki reached somewhere in the middle of High Class while Hiro also reached the same. Both of them had cleaned up every area except one, the base of Cave Troll. Hiro scouted the place once to find the Evolved cave troll wasn't alone, it had a whole family with a Mountain Troll at Ultimate Class lurking within the giant cave created in the mountains.

Today was the 20th after entering the record. The duo set out to finally be done with the mission and go back home.

Standing outside the entrance of the cave, Hiroshi looked at Tsuki's eyes squinted in delight. He was unable to find the reason for her happiness. In the last few days, he always woke up near her, sometimes in her wings or other times bound by her tail. He even tried sleeping far away from her but to no avail.

He shook his head and focused on the task at hand. "First we'll finish off the small ones before engaging the giant one together, understood?"

"Yes!"

"If you try to charge on your own?"

"We'll not get any candies…" she spoke in a miserable tone, hoping to get some pity.

Shaking his head sideways once again, he entered the cave in stealth mode.

In the wide cave, three giants laid on the ground. Their chest heaved peacefully, completely unaware of the young man standing right beside them.

These trolls even as chaotic creatures love to sleep… It's easy this way… Where is the Ultimate Class one hiding now.

His eyes glowed as he used the ability, but he only found three life signatures here. The ones sleeping in front of him.

Weird… Is it out to buy something? he thought with an amused smile.

He signaled Tsuki to stay behind. He was pretty confident when it came to assassination. Black magic circles formed in front of both his hands aiming at the Giant heads.

Time to test the infamous Demonic version of Holy Lightning…

The magic circles shone, at the same time, the eyes of three giants snapped open. They, however, were too late. The black bolts of lightning already hit two of the trolls, frying their brains from inside out. The lightning created from origin energy was an instakill for creatures capable of giving troubles to God Class beings.

Hiroshi turned to the last troll standing in front. He shook his head and sent two crimson bullets to explode its head.

High Class ones are no challenge now…

"Kraaaawr!!!"

Hearing the terrifying roar, he ran outside the cave. The more than 20m tall giant with brown skin and two small horns growing out of its forehead. It stood face to face with the transformed version of Tsuki. The scene looked really worthy to be called Battle of Giants.

*Flash!*

He couldn't help but capture the image. He won't encounter such a scene every day.

19