Trial 14: The challenge
1.2k 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We didn't want to do this, but we know your anger and we won't allow Tiamat onee-san to touch even a single hair on Hiro's body!"

"You! You changed your gender for this coward devil hiding behind your back. I brought you here and sheltered you from various factions vying you as a prized possession. Is this how you repay me?"

The calm voice of hers hid her anger. The dragons were always deeply loyal to their friends and families. However, the one thing they truly hated was a betrayal.

"We are not betraying anyone. We are just prioritizing our own happiness and Hiro is that for us."

"Oh look at you talking so big when you are still a child. But there is one thing I'm curious about… How did you evolve so quickly? In my estimation, you needed another ten years to become High Class."

Hiro was a bit touched by Tsuki's declaration but he wasn't able to stay in the back anymore. Weren't they supposed to be partners helping each other? He calmly walked in front of Tsuki and glared into the blue eyes of Tiamat.

"...Tsukiha is my familiar and I won't hold back if anyone tries to mistreat her. Even if they are one of the Dragon Kings." a cold glint flared in his deep blue eyes as he drew the sword from his waist. "Be careful though, I don't plan to die without taking an arm or two."

Tiamat opened her eyes wide before an amused smile appeared on her cold face. She once again appraised the young Half-Devil standing fearless in her presence. As a dragon, she respected courage and bravery.

"You aren't entirely a spineless idiot I thought you to be. Be that as it may, you lack the fists to back those heroic words."

"I acknowledge that I'm weak. That's why I challenge you to a duel where you will limit your power to my level or do you lack the courage to defeat a 'weak' cowardly devil?"

Tiamat dangerously narrowed her eyes and a burst of blue aura erupted from her body. Seeing the brat still standing with a faint smile, she snorted.

"Why do I have to prove something to you? I can just kill you and be done with it."

Hiroshi's gaze turned sharper and the side of his mouth turned up in a mischievous grin.

"Because you don't want to kill me. You want to know how I helped Tsuki in evolving. You, like all dragons lack the new things that can bring a single sense of excitement to you. Aren't I right?"

Tiamat nodded her head. "It is indeed true that I'm bored enough to kill the holders of Boosted Gear for some treasure I won't ever use. That doesn't mean anyone can come and challenge our dignity."

Hiroshi slightly tilted his head and answered back, "How about a bet? If you win I'll help you evolve to Super Devil level which any dragon rarely reaches and if by any chance I manage to win, you'll have to become my familiar on equal terms. I'll still assist you in your evolution. How about it?"

Tiamat thought for a brief moment before a wild grin appeared on her face. "I agree. But the fight will not be fair and fun, so you choose another game that will excite me more."

Hiroshi flashed a bright smile. All this time, he waited for this very moment. He wasn't very sure of beating her in a head to head fight even if she limits her strength.

"I heard you are very good at stealth. So how about we do a challenge based on it?"

As he expected, the challenge quickly piqued her interest. "Go ahead. I'm listening."

"I'll hide anywhere in this forest and you have to find me in a day. If it comes to hiding aura I'm confident enough to beat God Class beings."

Tiamat snorted at his baseless boasting. God Class beings, my ass, she thought.

"I think you agree then let's start it right now. I'm pretty tight on schedule."

She waved her hand and a massive blue barrier enveloped the sky. "Alright. I have placed a barrier so you won't be able to teleport out of here. You have ten minutes, go hide anywhere."

Tsukiha looked at Hiro with stars in her eyes. She couldn't believe someone managed to fool Chaos Karma Dragon Tiamat. After witnessing his stealth firsthand, she could declare to the world her Hiro won't lose. She really wanted to proudly puff her chest and boast about it to everyone, but sadly enough, she had no friends…

Hiroshi nodded at Tiamat and began to unbutton his shirt without minding the gaze of two females. Soon, his figure came into view. The well sculpted muscles that still regained flexibility. People might have called him weak but he didn't care. He believed speed was the most important factor for any swordsman.

Tsukiha snapped out of her daze and stood to the right of Tiamat. "H-Hiro! You shouldn't undress in front of Tiamat onee-san. That is shameful!"

Hiroshi tilted his head, clearly confused by her behaviour. "My clothes stink of blood. She will easily find me if I go like this. So I'll wear new clothes."

"Okay, we understand."

He pulled down his leather pants and began browsing through his Sumatofon's inventory for another pair of pants.

Tsukiha curiously eyed a certain part of Hiro's body. "Hiro, what is that thing on your body?"

"..."

Tiamat also stared with a slight shock in her eyes.

"Monster."

She whispered and shook her head. She turned her head to see Tsukiha's eyes shining with a curious glint. She believed all of her care wasn't enough to raise this kid properly.

---

Hiroshi strolled through the forest without any worry in the world. His «Stealth» was top-notch ability added with his own ability to match his aura with surroundings. He wasn't worried about Tiamat finding him but her not accepting the outcome. Her name was Chaos Karma for no reason other than her causing chaos everywhere with her short temper.

Sigh! I hope she prioritizes her pride over rage… I need to find a place to pass the day…

Six hours passed like this, Hiro managed to find a cave. Rather than a cave, it was a super-deluxe house brimming with treasures. It was none other than the humble abode of Tiamat. She was out there searching for him and here he was, resting on the bed inside her room.

"This enchanting scent is bothering me for some reason…"

He muttered under his breath and shut the book in his hand. He was pretty safe here. If by any chance she couldn't find him and started to burn the whole forest. She'll never burn her own house.

He shook his head and began playing with the Sumatofon before closing his eyes to improve his knowledge of his own abilities.

Outside in the forest, Tiamat was flying with the help of her dragon wings. Her predatory gaze roamed throughout the forest. She couldn't help but praise the skills of Half-Devil.

As time passed, her small respect turned into admiration. She became more serious about the challenge and once again surveyed the forest from above.

Twelve hours later, a small doubt arose in her heart as she searched the forest. Twenty hours later, she became a bit ashamed of her own arrogance. Twenty-three hours later, she became sure that the half-Devil tricked her. Her shame turned into anger and she transformed into her dragon form. All the rage was dished out in the forest in the form of fire breath. Fortunately, Tsuki was there to stop her or the forest might become nothing more than ashes.

"Argh! Brat! Come out!!!"

20