Trial 18: Hiro, the drug dealer
1.2k 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I remember your aura from somewhere."

Hearing the unfamiliar voice, Hiro turned to Vali whose wings were shining. "Albion? The Vanishing Dragon?"

"Indeed. Though I'm only a spirit sealed inside this Longinus. I think this strange aura resembles a young man I met before… He even asked me if I'm a female because of my thin looking reptilian body unlike other Dragons."

No question that man was Elans…

"Well, you must have mistaken me with someone else," he replied without any thoughts.

"Weird…" Albion said and went silent.

Hiro looked at Ophis who curtly nodded and led him to the sofa. He disregarded Kuroka's death stare and comfortably settled on the sofa.

She might be thinking I'm one of those trashy High-Class…

Shaking his head, he looked at Ophis who began her explanation. Her way of speaking, it took more than an hour. The truth really surprised him.

The building he teleported to before was one of the bases of the 'Old Maou faction'. The remnants of Devils with the ambition to wage war against the Fallen Angels and Angels. They all were under Ophis' leadership and called themselves 'Khaos Brigade'. This terrorist organization was founded by Fallen Angel Satanael and the Wizards of Oz to oppose the alliance of Mythologies.

Other than the Old Maou Faction, there were two other factions in 'Khaos Brigade'. This trio was one of them with the 14 year old kid acting as the leader. The other faction was a group of humans wielding Sacred Gears, Longinus and Holy swords.

Sacred Gears, the powerful tools created by Bible's God/Elans Father-in-Law to help humanity survive against the supernaturals. 13 of them stood above others also known as Longinus, capable of slaying Gods if used properly. While the Holy swords of legends like Excalibur and Caliburn for example, also wielded by exorcists to exorcize Devils like himself.

"This is enough information. Ophis, what is your end goal for acting as the leader of a dangerous organization like this?"

Ophis raised her head toward the ceilings. Her unfocused black eyes appeared as if peering into the endless void.

"I, want to kick Baka-Red... from Dimensional Gap.

Hiro eyes widened at her words. "...Baka-Red, you mean Great Red, the True Red Dragon God Emperor roaming in Dimensional Gap?"

Ophis nodded with a blank face. As if the one she wanted to kick was some mob monster in 1st level of dungeons.

"Why do you even want to go back there? Is the nothingness affecting you that much?"

"I, want silence."

Her words sent him into contemplation. Just then, a somewhat idiotic idea formed into his mind. He quickly pulled out his smartphone and began browsing his inventory.

Silently, three pure white orbs manifested out of thin air. He grabbed the origin candies and shoved one in the slightly opened mouth of Ophis.

She unconsciously chewed on them and her blank eyes stretched wide.

"I... this is?"

She couldn't speak correctly, the strange warmth surging inside her body left her stunned. She could sense the nothingness inside her fading. Although it was nothing in comparison to seemingly infinite darkness still present within her.

"It's a special sweet only I can make. Did it help?"

"I, like sweet… It helped," she replied while tilting her head.

Hiro nodded calmly. His mind was already thinking of taming— making a new friend.

"Let's be friends. That way, I'll join your organization and give you these sweets every time I come here."

He said and rolled the remaining two candies in his hands, tempting the naive dragon god.

As expected, Ophis dull eyes shone with a vague light which wasn't there before. She raised her hands and tried to take the candies from his hands.

"...Friends?"

"It means we'll be like these two," he pointed at Vali and Bikou listening from the side. "Do everything in power to protect each other. Hell, I can even teach you how to keep your organization in control."

He had a hunch that these Devils, Magicians and Humans manipulated Ophis into becoming their leader. They were using the protection of one of the strongest entities in the world to grow. Though he didn't want to show himself this early in the show, who said he couldn't control things from behind.

"I, shall become a friend."

Hiro placed his hand on her and stroked her hair while channeling Origin energy into her head. Though he had some ulterior motives to become her friend. However, he was sincere when he said about protecting each other.

Maybe I can really help her with her issues of nothingness… I hope she doesn't become like those mindless beasts after losing it...

He shuddered thinking about the destruction Ophis could cause. No one, not even the strongest Gods could stop her if she were to rampage.

"I'm the leader! Only someone strong like me is fit to become a leader!"

Vali was about to charge but Bikou grabbed him from behind. "Vali don't interrupt them. Let's challenge him later for the leader's position~"

Vali calmed down, the blank stare from Ophis certainly creeped him out.

Kuroka looked at them in surprise. 'Is this devil trying to tame Ophis-sama? Truly a scum like those...'

Hiro took back his hand and turned to face Kuroka standing far away before looking at Vali and Bikou.

"Vali, Kuroka, Bikou... Hiro, new leader."

Kuroka nodded her head, although the scowl on her face never disappeared. Vali and Bikou also agreed under the condition he will give up the position if any one of them manages to defeat him.

After talking with them for half an hour, he returned to Sitri Mansion. He wanted to warn Sona to keep an eye out for this so-called Elder Bonis.

This time he entered openly with his own appearance and hid his aura to bare minimum. Everyone will only think of him as the same low class devil.

Shiing~

The gate opened and two people he met before stood on the other side.

"Oh~ You are the pawn of Sona-chan!"

23