Trial 19: Confession
1.4k 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hiro was somewhat startled by the sudden appearance of Rias Gremory and the Grayfia, who stared at him sharply. He masked his surprised expression and gave a slight bow.

"Yes. I'm Hiro, the sole pawn of Sona-sama."

In front of everyone, he was acting as the pawn of Sona or he might be marked as a stray. He planned on borrowing this identity until he was confident enough to protect himself and others.

"No need to bow or anything. I'm not the one to follow formalities. I'm Rias Gremory and this Onee-san is my Onii-sama's queen, Grayfia."

Queen? They weren't married?

His confusion was seen by Rias who replied with a cheeky grin,

"It seems Hiro also heard those rumors. Even I can't deny how perfect they look together which made them a public celebrity and they formed their own opinion about them~"

"Rias-sama!"

Rias unhurriedly dismissed her with a wave of her hand.

"I know. I know. You guys are just good friends. Geez~ You don't have to scold me over everything."

Grayfia looked at the supposedly Half-devil. Her senses warned her repeatedly near him. It slightly piqued her curiosity. She didn't believe the man Sona Sitri was so hung up on would be mediocre. Sure, he had looks that could outclass anyone in his age but High Class Devils never judged anyone based on their looks. In the end, Underworld ruled on strength.

He must have something special, she thought while her expression stayed the same.

"Please excuse us. We lack the time to entertain Hiro-san."

Grayfia bowed elegantly and grabbed Rias's hand.

Hiro returned the bow with his own. The manners carved into his bones by Lady Sitri unconsciously came out.

"It'll be my pleasure to spend time with two of Underworld's most popular celebrities."

"Hiro, let's meet again. We want to make at least one male frieeend!"

Before she could shake hands with Hiro, Grayfia dragged her away.

He watched their back for a moment before entering the mansion. He was really wondering if the Gremory household will be alright with such an heir.

After crossing the garden, he spotted a familiar trio standing near the door.

"Look who is here. The half-breed."

"The leecher is back… I think something looks wrong."

"Let's have fun with him."

The trio spoke among each other, thinking Hiro won't be able to hear them. Hiro inwardly sighed and tried to ignore them but…

"Wait! Where were you these days?" asked the leader while his goons nodded from behind.

A sweet smile formed on Hiro's face. "Hais, what can I do? Sona-sama loves me that much. She even gave me a vacation for twenty days… Even offering me tickets to 'that' place."

"You!"

"Please stop!"

A soft voice interrupted them. Hiro leaned to the right and caught sight of a girl standing on the door. She had medium-length white hair and face which was on the cuter side completed by bluish-green eyes.

She walked closer and glared at the three bullies. "Why are you surrounding him? Shouldn't you be at work now?"

"Yes, Hanakai-san!"

The trio said together and ran away in a hurry. Momo turned toward the young man still standing there. She, of course, remembered him from the pictures on Sona's phone. Smiling, she stretched her hand toward the comrade servant.

"You must be Hiro-san. It's nice to finally meet my senpai. I'm Momo Hanakai."

Hiro was surprised by her casual greeting filled with enthusiasm. He extended his hand to shake hands with her. 

"Yes. You are the new bishop of Sona? I'm sorry to meet you in such circumstances but I'm in a bit of a rush. So we'll meet again later."

"S-Sure. Sona-san is resting in her room."

He nodded politely and entered the Mansion while feeling the new bishop's gaze on his back. Greeting the familiar maids and servants on the way, he reached Sona's room. After a short moment of hesitation, he raised his hand and knocked on the door.

*Thump* *Thump* *Thump*

For an unknown reason, his heart sped up and his throat dry as if he was dehydrated for days. He knew what this feeling meant...

The wooden door gradually opened and revealed a girl with short length black-hair styled in a bob cut. Dressed in a black sun-dress, exposing her fair white skin. Seeing the visitor, her violet eyes opened wide.

After blinking a few times, she let out a surprised voice. "Hiro!?"

"I…"

Sona dragged him inside the room and *Slam!* shut the door. She turned around and approached with an angry glare which somehow frightened Hiro.

"Where were you?"

His lips parted but no words came out. He hung his head without answering.

"Why did you leave?"

He lifted his head to look at Sona biting her lips, tears threatening to burst from her eyes. Her current appearance hurt him more than anything in the world, even the hydra's poison paled in comparison.

"Must you really do this? Did you think Onee-sama and I were joking about protecting you? I—"

He swiftly closed the meter distance and blocked her lips by kissing her. Sona fiercely struggled, trying to free herself but he tightly wrapped his arms around her waist.

Moments passed by and Sona's attempt eventually stopped. The warmth bit by bit melted all her resistance as she began to enjoy her first kiss. She had many fantasies about her first kiss. This somehow surpassed all of those in a way. The long mind-numbing kiss sapped her body of all strength as she weakly leaned on his chest.

All the while, Hiro was wishing this kiss wouldn't enrage her. He nevertheless acknowledged the experience of kissing Sona's thin soft lips is something he wouldn't ever forget in this life. From Elans' memories, he knew kissing felt good. But knowing and experiencing were two entirely different things…

He took back his lips and gazed into Sona's watery eyes filled with reluctance. He swallowed all his hesitation and whispered,

"Sona, I'm sure I'm in love with you and it was never my intention to hurt you or Sera onee-chan. But I had no other choice."

Sona forcibly halted her fantasies and looked into Hiro's eyes.

"Why is that?"

He sighed and began to explain about the twenty days trip to another world…

22