Trial 22: A familiar stranger
1.2k 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hiro was having maybe the worst day of his life. He never imagined that a day would come where he had to sneak inside a ladies' restroom. More so with a naive girl accompanying him. Well, he was grateful for her naivety or he might just kill himself in shame.

He reached the end of the restroom and pressed a tile on the wall. Soundlessly, the wall in front disappeared to reveal a small room with many magic circles drawn on the floor.

This guy was the worst for creating his base here...

He entered the room and closed the wall with another switch fixed on the side.

"Hiro? Can we take it off?"

He removed the blindfold and rubbed her head.

"Let's go to Asgard."

Though he said it with confidence, he only knew which magic circle reached Asgard, not where he will end up teleporting to…

Holding Tsuki's hand, he stepped inside the circle with the symbol two hammers clashing and infused it with his origin energy. The magic circle flared before a tugging sensation enveloped him.

(Kamehameha!)

After teleporting, he heard something incomprehensible. He stared at the cartoon playing on the television before turning to the spectator sitting on the sofa with her back facing him.

So he could only see long snow-white hair, the rest was hidden by the sofa. He activated demonic perception to grasp her power level only to be surprised by the pink gradually covering every part of his vision.

A God-Class...

Tsuki curiously pointed at the woman. "Hiro, this woman is?"

Without answering, he stepped in front of her. Their voices garnered the attention of the woman as she picked something and stood. Slowly turning back, she stared in their direction.

For a moment, he felt himself in a daze which was smashed by her gaze which he could sense, in spite of the fact that her eyes were covered by a butterfly-shaped mask. His skill «Aura perception» sensed no malice from her.

Beautiful…

The pale blue necklace and the sleeveless pale blue dress created a mesmerizing sight. But the thing most standing out were her massive breasts mostly uncovered by her dress.

He never judged people on their appearance, still, he couldn't help but admire the beauty of the woman. If Tsuki's silver hair reflected her lively temperament then this woman's hair showed a coldness. 

Neither side spoke, Tsuki tried to peek but covered her with his body. Finally, the woman broke the silence with her soft voice.

"Who are you two?"

Bowing slightly, he replied, "We are deeply sorry to intrude here. It wasn't our intention but a magic circle malfunctioned and teleported us here."

Hearing no answer, he raised his head and noticed her trembling visibly. Two clear lines of tears streaming down her cheeks.

*Throb!*

Suddenly, a sharp pain went through his heart. His face twisted for a brief moment before he adopted a calm expression to hide it.

What is happening…? I haven't met her so why this pain...

The woman wiped the tears with a cloth and smiled. "This disease is really annoying sometimes. How about we introduce ourselves. I'm Freya, Goddess of Love and beauty."

"I'm Hiro, a magician from Grauzauberer and this is my friend Tsuki."

Grauzauberer was one of the biggest organizations for Magicians. In fact, the current head was a pure-blood devil but he was able to reach the top because of his hate for Original Satans. So he was respected everywhere and Gods didn't care enough if a magician wanted to roam their territory. It was another story if a devil tried it.

"Okay, then what was your original destination?"

"Svartalfheim…"

Freya waved her hand and created a magic circle below their feet. "We shall meet again if fate desires it."

"Of course, Freya nee-san~"

Hiro gave a nod and stopped Tsuki from jumping out of the magic circle. In a blink of an eye, the duo disappeared from Freya's eyes.

For a long time, she stared at the place where Hiro disappeared. She collapsed on the sofa as if her legs lost all strength and curled up.

"Idiot…"

She whispered, tears soaking the mask on her eyes.

---

Hiro found himself in front of a huge wooden gate. Before he and Tsuki moved, the gate moved and guards donned in leather armor and spears charged out. All of them had brown skin and long pointed ears.

He smiled wryly at the dark elves and raised his hands in attention. He wasn't here to fight.

"Look at that!"

The guard in front exclaimed and pointed at Hiro's right hand. Hiro curiously moved his gaze to see a pale blue butterfly tattoo printed on his palm.

"He is a guest of Goddess Freya! Please forgive our rudeness from before!"

The twenty-plus guards bowed together as low as they could.

This act surprised Hiro for a moment before he waved his hands with a calm face.

"Don't worry about it."

The guard in the forefront raised his head, his eyes brimming with reverence? Hiro couldn't understand why he was being looked at as if he was their God.

Do they admire Goddess Freya that much?

"Please let us guide you to the Queen."

Maybe this queen knows about this gift…

"Sure."

Following the guards, Hiro and Tsuki entered the city which wasn't any different from Underworld, just slightly less populous.

Tsuki's shining eyes moved to every part of the city. The mix of modern and old-styled buildings, the fresh air and clear sky put it a notch above the Human world.

The guard, Drake, was one of the top guards of the city. He also heard about the Queen singlehandedly ruled the whole city filled with Dwarves and Dark Elves.

In less than ten minutes, they arrived at the marvelous grey building standing out with its sheer size that was no less than Sitri Mansion. Drake talked to the guard standing at the entrance before waving his hands to call Hiro.

Hiro and Tsuki followed Drake through long lavish corridors and finally reached the Queen's room.

Entering the room, his eyes met the pale golden eyes of the woman sitting cross-legged on the throne. Her long silver-gray hair scattered on the throne while her light brown skin glimmered faintly under the natural light of the hall. Her enormous bosom was unlike any other dark elf but her long pointed ears left no confusion about her race.

Lastly, the dignified aura around her gave off an ethereal feeling which took Hiro's breath away until Tsuki pinched his hands.

"Hiro… Stopped being charmed by some old woman!"

Freya - http://imgur.com/gallery/b9roPE3

Elf Queen - http://imgur.com/gallery/b151o5b

20