Trial 24: Responsibility
1.1k 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hiro stared at the man dressed in a fitting white suit. Short platinum blonde hair paired with shining golden eyes and lastly the beard enriched his already handsome face.

Not only that, but more than a dozen women also circled around him, chatting, whispering, gossiping while looking his way. They were all Valkyries despite not being dressed in their armor.

The handsome man approached him with an amiable smile. "I was here to see what kind of magician appeared in Asgard after so long. But who could have thought," he continued with a sigh. "...I would find the successor of my old friend here…"

Hiro froze at his words. He couldn't sense any malice from this God but he knew Elans?

Perhaps he did know Elans, only the fragments of memories he possessed contained no knowledge on him.

"Who?"

"How rude of me to not introduce myself. I'm Vidar, son of Odin and an old friend of Elans. That aura is not something I can ever forget in my life."

Not sure what to do here, he thought about lying. However, the man's warm smile shook away that thought.

"Yes. I am 'his' successor."

The smile on Vidar's face turned wider. Looking at Tsuki, he said, "Still surrounded by beauties, eh."

Bastard look around you. You are the one surrounded by the world-class beauties…

He swallowed the curse and asked, "So can I go now?"

"Wait, wait, wait. How can I let go of a guest without any celebration? At least let me treat you to something like…"

Vidar turned his head while his stretched hand pointed at Hiro with a mischievous smile.

"Girls, this little guy here will become someone equal to or higher than Gods! Go get him."

"What!?"

"Kyah!!!"

The word 'Equal to a God' resounded in their heart. With predatory eyes, they eyed the young handsome man like a certain wolf eying the little girl covered in red robe.

Just like this, the sea of single virgin Valkyries surrounded him and began fired questions after questions like a rapid machine gun…

***

Half an hour later, inside a luxurious room. Calmly sipping on the green tea, he glanced at the hungry gazes of Valkyries. Tsuki on his side growled like a cat whose tail got stepped on.

"So little Hiro, why did you come to this city? Surely you must have needed something."

"Nothing important. Just to tour around this city with Tsuki."

He inwardly sighed at his own ability to lie with a straight face. However, Vidar made a frowning face at this.

"You still don't trust me. I mean who would trust a God if they stop you in their territory. Still, I mean no harm. To be honest I owe Elans a lot."

Hiro tilted his head in confusion. How did that guy help a strong God like Vidar?

Noticing his confusion, Vidar laughed out loud. "You must be thinking how did he help me? You know, he helped me when I was confused over my love life. I used to have three maids whom I adored. However, I couldn't choose between any one of them."

Vidar smiled nostalgically as he continued, "My dense mind was stuck until I asked Freya's help. She introduced me to him. Imagine a renowned Goddess of Love calling someone for advice. I was also curious about his advice which I still remember to this day.

'Every woman's heart is a precious treasure beyond infinity. If they give it to you, then man up and take responsibility'."

Responsibility…

He unconsciously glanced at Tsuki. Shaking his head, he contemplated over the new information 

Freya knows Elans… then why didn't she say that before? This thing is really tiring me out…

He pushed back the line of thoughts and asked, "Yeah. He must have helped you but I'm... not him... so it doesn't mean you have to treat me like this."

Surprised by his own hesitation, he closed his eyes.

"Well, your looks really resemble him, I just couldn't help it. Hmm, yeah. Don't take it as an offense but you seem pretty weak now. How about I send one of these Valkyries to help you?"

Hiro's brow shot up in surprise before he swept his gaze over the Valkyries. The weakest of them had power equal to a Middle Class while the strongest one seemed equal to an Ultimate Class.

Achieving my goal will become easier…

He cut off the disgusting line of thoughts and he got up from the seat. "I'm sorry but I don't like people who treat their subordinates like tools."

"Wait! You are misunderstanding me. I'll only do so if they agree with your conditions. I'll just act as a mediator. I'm sure these single women who are mostly free while hunting for boyfriends will agree to help someone with your potential."

Hiro took his seat, blaming himself for jumping to conclusions. 'I still need to control these emotions…'

All Valkyries nodded at Vidar's words. However, the next moment their eyes opened wide in shock. Unconsciously, their hands reached out to their weapons.

Hiro stopped hiding his devil aura and directed his calm gaze at Vidar. "Are you sure about helping me?"

Vidar frowned, stunned by someone able to trick his senses right in front of him.

"That's something new, I always thought Elans's successor would be a human. Valkyries, stop disrespecting my guests."

"Understood!"

Hiro smiled. At least this God could be trusted or other gods would have used this chance to apprehend him and negotiate with the Underworld.

"If you want me to take one then how about that onee-san?"

He pointed at the woman standing behind Vidar. Her long silvery blue hair paired with a beautiful face and red eyes, she really stood out from others with her beauty. Well, he wasn't after her beauty but her strength. She was the sole Ultimate Class in the group.

Whispers and chatter filled the room. To be fair, no one here really hated the Devil race. Despite being called Devils, they were just any other race in the supernatural world. If talking about wars and corruption, their own pantheon had a colorful history carved with blood and wine.

"I thought as much. Still for you to go after Brynhildr, the strongest Valkyrie of this generation. Brynhild, take your time and answer. Remember to choose wisely. You might stay virgin for the rest of your life and this little guy can help you in that."

Hiro shook his head. "I'm not after her body or anything. I want to choose the strongest ones."

All eyes fell on Brynhildr, waiting for her answer. After a long moment of contemplation she opened her mouth.

"I…"

17