Trial 25: Brynhildr’s choice
1.1k 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Brynhildr's face turned beet red. Every gaze in the room scrutinized every inch of her. She never felt so embarrassed in her whole life.

It was a usual day for her, accompanying Vidar-sama while he played around like his old man. However, to think they'd ran upon Vidar-sama old friend's successor and that young man was handsome.

'How in the nine realms did it escalate to talk about my virginity… I-It's not like I ain't wanna lose it, yaknow... I am waitin for a prince who will appear before me on a white horse!!!'

She wanted to scream at the imprudent Odin son and the half-devil who looked at her with pity.

"I don't wanna become his servant. I'll have to leave my position as the Captain of Valkyrie corps and move with him in Underworld. I don't even know a single thing there and most importantly can he even pay for my salary?"

Hiro who patiently waited for her answer couldn't help but deadpan. 

"How dare you call Hiro a beggar!? If Hiro can't pay then Tiamat onee-san will. She has lots of treasures in her house."

Not bad, she at least has a brain, and she didn't say I'm a beggar, you are the one adding that, Hiro thought with a wry smile.

"Tiamat? The Dragon King?" Vidar spoke up in a surprised tone.

"Yeah, Tiamat onee-san and we are Hiro's familiar!"

Vidar stared at Hiro. "For this girl to form a pact, she must be a magical beast?"

Hiro replied with a nod, "This girl might be the last descendant of Minokawa race. She is in the protection of Tiamat for now."

Vidar's eyes opened wide before he nodded in admiration. "That's quite surprising. As expected of his successor, you already have more than enough influence in Underworld with Tiamat as a familiar."

"Vidar-sama, does that make him some kind of bigshot?" asked Brynhildr.

"It does. No one in Underworld wants to offend Tiamat. All dragons have a fearsome skill 'Outrage' which causes their strength to increase by more than just a few times. I can only imagine what a Satan-Class dragon can accomplish in that mode."

Every Valkyrie gasped in admiration as they all shot an envious gaze at Brynhildr.

Hiro gave a silent nod. This was the reason he wanted to form a pact with her in the first place. She had influence, treasures and most importantly her strength which will only increase if she stays with him.

But she is also a handful like Tsuki…

"Money, treasure, fame, money, treasure, fame and a handsome prince, ehehe~"

He saw Brynhildr whispering ominously while looking his way. A chill ran down his spine, he was very tempted to just stand up and dash out of here.

"I agree! I wholeheartedly agree!"

She yelled, her usual cool behaviour wasn't anywhere to be seen. She was more like a hungry woman starving for love…

"But what'd be my duty anyway?" she asked in a confused tone.

"You'll be joining my peerage, once I create one that is."

Whatever, I'll keep it professional and show her to some High Class Devil if she wants to marry some rich guy...

He directed his gaze to Vidar who nodded in return.

"Well, for her safety, you'll have to form a contract. It'll be more like a formality for her resignation."

(Damn Captain. Leaving us here and climbing stairs to become a successful woman.)

(Senpai, no! Don't go! I love ya! You can't leave me hanging!)

(Senpai!)

He turned a blind eye to the weird Valkyries, asking himself if they were the same glorious warriors who lived and died for battle.

"Let's get this over with."

"Sure. Be sure to treat her right and protect her if someone in Underworld discovers her or I'll nag you to death."

He turned to Brynhildr fidgeting while clenching the hem of her black suit.

"As long she follows my order, I won't let anyone harm her even if it's a God or whatnot."

Brynhildr's eyes opened wide at the bold words. Her heart paltipated as she stared into the captivating deep blue eyes filled with confidence and determination.

The contract was formed. Hiro knew Vidar would get a handful of scolding for this but did he care? Nah! The guilt only lasted for a moment before happiness of getting an Ultimate Class bodyguard took over.

Each one of Ultimate Class held power to destroy a city or two on their own. In Underworld only a handful of them were available and if they could become one of the Satans if they gathered enough merit.

(A/N:- Maou Position, not power)

By the time they returned home, the sun had already set and the moon looked busy spreading darkness through the already dark Forest.

He tried to open the door but it looked to be locked from inside. He knocked and waited for Tiamat to open it.

Minutes passed by, yet no one opened the door and Hiro never wanted to resort to breaking into her house.

"Why isn't Tiamat onee-san opening it?" Tsuki asked in a concerned voice.

"Did she fall asleep?"

Brynhildr replied as her eyes shifted through the exterior of the mansion. I really hit the jackpot, she thought.

Hiro blankly stared at her, he certainly guessed her thoughts. Shaking his head, he imbued demonic power in the bracelet gifted by Tiamat.

(Hiro?)

A soft voice echoed in his head. He tried to reply mentally like talking with Aux.

'Tiamat onee-san, can you hear me?'

(Yeah. What happened? Do you need some help in Asgard?)

'I'm fine. Thanks for your concern. Can you open the gate of the house? I'm waiting out here for quite some time.'

(Ah sorry, I'll come over.)

*Click!* The door opened, Hiro's eyes also opened wide at the same time. Tiamat stood there in only a two-piece blue swimsuit that barely covered her bountiful breasts.

All the while Hiro gaped at her, Tiamat appraised the girl standing with Tsuki.

'A Valkyrie, an Ultimate Class one at that. How did he manage to convince her? Or did he seduce her? I did hear most of the Valkyries were innocent virgins…'

Hiro noticed her gaze and decided to explain before she blew away the greedy Valkyrie.

"Tiamat onee-san, she'll be staying with us as my bodyguard and a future peerage member."

"Then you did well bringing her here. From her looks, I'm afraid she'll eat you whole if no one looks after her."

"N-No, t-that's indecent. That kind of stuff comes after M-Marriage.

Hiro stared in disbelief at the woman in her twenties acting like a maiden...

21