Trial 26: Conspiracy?
1k 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tiamat sighed at the twenty-plus year woman acting so innocently while Hiro shot a blank stare at her.

*Growl*

His rumbling stomach made him ignore everything as he walked past Tiamat.

"Wait! I'll guide you to the kitchen."

"We are also hungry!"

"Same."

Following Tiamat, he entered the large Kitchen and opened the refrigerator. His lips twitched at the pile of cup noodles stuffed in every part of it.

Who even put these in a refrigerator…?

He looked back at Tiamat standing near with droopy eyes.

Lazy dragon…

"Tiamat onee-san, do you have anything else to eat?"

"...No."

"Then I'll go and buy something. I'm not eating this unhealthy food and you too."

Tiamat shrugged in response. "Go ahead. Wake me up once you are done… What's wrong with cup noodles?"

She grumbled and wobbled out of the room.

He activated the magic circle and teleported to buy something edible.

Meanwhile, Tiamat entered the small dining room in which four chairs sat around the small table. Valkyrie and Tsuki sat together with forks ready in their hands.

Her lips lifted upward in a soft smile that looked dazzling on her cold face. Too bad, no one witnessed this sight.

Having people here isn't… that bad…

"Tiamat onee-san!"

"...Tiamat-sama."

Brynhildr put down the fork with a red face, got up and lowered her head with respect. In a way, she was scared of the violent Dragon King.

"I'm Brynhildr, Hiro's… servant."

"I know. No need to mind me. Just continue eating your imaginary dishes while I take a nap."

Saying her piece, she headed to her room. Brynhildr's face turned even redder. Tsuki patted her back with a warm smile.

"Don't mind Tiamat onee-san. She is just like a child who loves to prank."

"..."

---

People in the street gaped at the youth with light ash-blonde hair strolling on the deserted street. No, it seemed busy but the crowd of devils parted to make way. An aura of hungry beast oozed from his body while his predatory deep ocean blue eyes faintly glowed as they darted around the streets, searching for something.

Despite that devil, women stared at him with stars in their eyes. They could sense an overwhelming amount of charm emanating from him. However, feeling the aura around him, they didn't dare come closer.

The youth was none other than Hiro who wanted to find a grocery store to buy things. Lost in thoughts and hunger, he forgot to hide his aura and his passive ability «Charm» exuded the deadly pheromones to send any female into a trance.

He learned this skill just for the sake of it, only to regret it later. The Devil Clan Balam had no special trait except the deadly ability to seduce anyone in the world. They seduced a part of Fallen Angel and Angels to the devil's side in the Great War and not so surprisingly, they went extinct from other factions' rage...

Strolling through the familiar streets of Sitri territory, he couldn't help but think back to the day he came here. The day that changed his destiny for the better.

A certain quote from a popular comic about 'With great power comes great responsibility' truly applied in his life. Still, he didn't regret it.

Regret makes people weak…

He finally discovered a supermarket at a distance. He never bought anything other than the stuff Sona needed. Remembering her, he took out his Sumatofon and texted Sona.

Hiro: Do you have plans tonight?

Putting away his phone, he noticed frightened expressions on a middle-aged devil. Glancing around, he found the same on everyone except females' looking at him, as if he was a five-star cuisine ready to be served.

He concealed his aura while lowering the charm.

So much for being cautious…

He bought enough ingredients to last a few days. On the streets again, he took a sharp turn and entered one of the most popular streets.

*Tting!*

He hurriedly brought out his phone. On his screen, a new text message popped up.

Sona: I may be free *Thinking emoji*

Despite having a tremendous dexterity, his fingers typed the words not much faster than a snail.

Hiro: I wanted to come over

After sending the text, he waited for hers to arrive.

*Tting*

Sona: Aren't we too young to do it? *Flushed face emoji*

He blankly stared at the message and the emoji she used. Never expecting her to be this lively on the phone.

Hiro: I have good news.

*Tting*

Sona: Sure come over *Winking emoji*

"..."

He silently pocketed the phone and resumed pacing through the street. Stopping at his destination shop, he stared at the 'Closed Forever' sign hanging outside the shop.

Why did he close the shop?

He asked the neighbor shops if something happened to Karo.

"He closed his shop about twenty days ago…"

Around the time I came here last time…

The answer caused doubts to arise in his mind. Was it really a coincidence? Or was it related to him inheriting Ortus?

Thinking he won't get answers like this, he teleported back to the mansion. Sensing an odd aura, he moved over to the dining room. Inside it were two corp— girls resting their heads on the table as if they were dead.

But, the rumbling of their stomach showed they still lived…

He darted toward the kitchen and started cooking.

"Hiro!!!"

The mouthwatering aroma attracted the former corpses.

"Hiro, can I help with something?" asked Brynhildr, not noticing the saliva dripping down her beautiful face.

"You know how to cook?"

"..."

He certainly expected her silence. All Valkyries trained to be warriors, not housewives. Though it only contributed to them staying single despite being beautiful.

It was more so for the most powerful Valkyrie. She must have poured countless hours in training magic spells instead of learning to cook.

While stirring the soup with a ladle, he replied, "It's alright. I didn't bring you here to cook anyway."

"Understood."

20