Trial 27: Blessing
984 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hiro's blunt reply sounded sarcastic to Brynhildr. She gritted her teeth, regretting not learning to cook before.

I'll show you that I can cook…

She determined herself and unconsciously wiped her face with her sleeves.

Hiro found her current appearance to be rather appreciating than her usual hungry attitude. He shooed them away and brought the dishes to the dining room. Also calling Tiamat at the same time.

Tiamat was seated beside him while the other two sat in front with an impatient expression while shifting their gaze between the food and Hiro.

He picked up the chopsticks, a habit from the Sitri household. They were particularly fond of Japanese culture, even going as far as to adopt their habits at home.

"Thanks for the food."

As his words ended, the trio's hands moved, leaving afterimages and picked up the dishes sat on the table.

Hiro shook his head and began eating. Lady Sitri drilled etiquette down to his bones, so his refined manner amazed Tiamat and Brynhildr.

After finishing the dinner, Tiamat wiped her face with a napkin while looking at Hiro.

"I never thought you could cook something so delicious. This onee-san is glad to pick you up."

Remembering his own past motive, he released a sigh. "To stay at Sona's side, I wanted to become her butler. I wasn't aware of my feelings and it was the only logical way to stay at her side."

"Then we need to become Hiro's butler to stay at his side? Tiamat onee-san! Teach us how to be a good butler!"

Tiamat had a nasty grin on her face giving a bad premonition to Hiro.

"Girls don't become butlers instead they become maid~"

"Then we'll become the best maid in the world~"

Cold sweat flowed down his face as he imagined Tsuki destroying the house in order to clean it.

"No. Absolutely not!"

"...We can't," she pleaded with a miserable expression.

Tiamat glared at Hiro yet the smirk on her face showed her true intentions.

"Of course, you can or do you want her to ditch her midway?"

"Whatever. I'm gonna do the dishes before going to Sona's mansion."

"Then take us too! We want to meet Sona."

"No. Ask me some other day."

He feared she would break into a catfight with Sona which he certainly wanted to avoid. Tsuki was more like a child always acting on her emotions. He wouldn't let them meet until he finds her rational enough to think things through.

Tsuki glared at him but he didn't pay attention. After throwing a last look at him, she dragged Tiamat out of the room.

Brynhildr watched their interactions with a nostalgic smile, reminiscing her days in school spent with other Valkyries.

"Brynhildr."

Hiro was about to step out of the room but he turned around to call the Valkyrie lost in thoughts with a silly smile on her face.

"Yes? Need something?"

"Hmm, Brynhildr is too long for my taste. How about Hilde? It is kind of cool."

"T-T-That is so embarrassing. It's like we are c-c-c-couple."

He sighed at her behavior. Her usual maiden act seemed kind of silly in his eyes. He never hated her straightforward, rather he preferred this kind of personality over a backstabber.

Even her dream of finding a good husband wasn't something to be hated. Nobody would actually want someone mediocre as their life partner unless there were mutual feelings involved.

"How about you help me out with dishes?"

He would be troubled if she felt alienated here. While it will also bring them closer as a team.

"Sure. It's the least I can do if I want to stay here."

They both washed the dishes while talking about some random things.

"Hiro? What kind of powers do you have?"

"Many but I mainly prefer to use my sword in a fight and what about you Hilde?"

"Oh, I can use many magic spells like offensive, defensive, enhance, weakening, sealing and barrier magic," she turned her head to look at him and smiled. "I also excel in wielding a sword. How about we train tomorrow to see who is better?"

"Great. Then I'll see you tomorrow. You can ask Tiamat for the room. As for your stuff."

He opened his Sumatofon and summoned her large suitcase from the game like inventory.

It sure is convenient…

She grabbed her suitcase and whispered, "Thanks for this, Hiro-sama."

"..."

He silently activated the magic circle to teleport outside Sitri mansion. He showed his identity and arrived at the mansion.

"Hiro-chan?"

He flinched at the familiar voice.

"Hiro-chan!"

He turned back around and gazed at the young black-haired woman dressed in a magical girl outfit.

She is definitely gonna scold me…

As expected, she took his hand and dragged him to her room. He actually stepped into her room for the first time since she never let anyone come here. Today he understood why.

The large posters pasted all over the room depicted a bespectacled black-haired girl dressed in various outfits.

"My So-tan is amazingly cute."

"Indeed. She is cute," he muttered after remembering her embarrassed reactions.

Serafall's So-tan senses rang like a bell. She turned her head and sharply gazed at Hiro.

"What happened between you two? I don't think I have ever heard you mention So-tan as cute."

A chill ran down Hiro's body. He didn't think she would directly ask this question. Instead of beating around the bush, he decided to come clean.

"We are in a relationship."

"...What!? You two started a relationship without my consent? I feel betrayed."

"I confessed in the heat of the moment. It wasn't her fault. You also weren't here earlier."

Serafall sat on the bed and let out a sigh. She kind of expected this day would come where these two will get together. It still left a bitter feeling in her.

Her little brother she picked up from a friend's house and swore to protect him till her death. The little boy's very existence was hated in his so-called Noble family.

'That' family branded him as a forbidden existence and removed every trace of him from their records.

"I wish you both happiness~"

She bestowed her blessings with her usual cheerful smile. Even if they married each other, they would always stay in this house when Sona inherits the position of Head.

Yet, Hiro only frowned at her. The cheerful appeared hollow compared to her energetic smile, leaving complicated feelings in him.

"That aside, tell me where did you vanish off to? You even removed my Hiro-chan tracker from Sumatofone!"

18