Trial 29: Fenrir Fangs
1k 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Start of Volume 2 - Figureheads

---

Hiro woke up disturbed by a weight on his body. He opened his eyes to find Sona's leg trapping him underneath. He couldn't muster the courage to wake her up. Her defenseless sleeping face looked really adorable. The antique clock on the wall showed 6 AM. He hoped she would wake up by 7 AM or he would be late for the training.

He touched the pure white jade-like bracelet. He heard everything about it from Aux-san and one thing was sure, this weapon really deserved its S-Class rank. The previous demonic sword looked like a toy in comparison.

The name 'Hvitsving' was derived from Norse Language terms 'White' and 'Turn' which clearly applied as white could bend into any color, by itself it represented the purest color.

It could turn into any weapon he desired. Although the maximum strength will be limited by his current strength and they will appear as A-Rank weapons.

In comparison, Sacred gears ranked from B-Rank to A-Rank while Longinus ranged from S-Rank to SSS-Rank depending on their destructive powers.

If that wasn't enough, it had more than five weapon designs stored inside it. Each one of them powerful enough to hold their own against any sacred gear except Longinus.

'Aux-san, use the first form.'

[Processing...]

In a second, the bracelet faded into specks of white then it covered both of his fists till his upper forearm; it gradually formed into a cool but creepy looking claw gauntlet.

The black gauntlet appeared as if created from real flesh. The upper part ended in several uneven protrusions. The most mystical part was the red orb shaped like an eye on the back of the hand.

Ready to tear anything with its sharpness, that was the feeling he got from pointed nails gleaming with black.

He curled his fist before opening it. After getting a feeling of the weapon, he folded his right sleeves and ran one of the nails on his arm layered in touki. The nail dug into the skin, making it bleed. His defense higher than most of the High-Class beings seemed useless in front of this weapon.

Truly worthy of the name 'Fangs of Fenrir'...

Fangs of Fenrir: A claw gauntlet inspired by the Fenrir whose fangs were able to bite Gods to death and claws sharp enough to tear anything apart.

Skills: [Impeccable Sharpness] [Sacrifice]

'Second form. Wait! Stop.'

The gauntlets vanished in less than a second. This was the reason Aux wanted to possess this weapon. The ability to transform with a single thought could save his life in a pinch.

Sona sluggishly opened her eyes, Hiro's face appeared right in her face. Thinking it as her imagination she closed her eyes again.

"Wake up sleepyhead…

She jumped back in surprise and grabbed her glasses from the bedside and put them on.

"..."

Hiro quietly got up from the bed and stretched, getting rid of drowsiness.

"Well then, I'll be going back. Death will be the least of my worry if Sera onee-san saw us like this."

"Wait!"

Sona approached him, he also noticed her clothing seemed similar to a shirt with two of its upper buttons opened, revealing the tantalizing white skin. She stood in front of him, fidgeting she clenched the edge of her shirt and brought her lips closer to his face.

Hiro marveled at the soft sensation on his cheeks which ended in a short moment, leaving him craving for more.

But he knew it was as impossible as a Longinus falling from the sky. Disregarding his own foreshadowing, he gave a smile to Sona before teleporting away.

Sona fell back on the bed and closed her eyes. If one observed carefully they'd notice faint dark circles under her eyes.

“I may not wake up till noon,” she grumbled.

---

*ZZing*

Two wooden swords darted, creating whirlwinds however still missing each other by a fraction. Then again, the blades threatened to clash with each other but the young man twisted the blade at the last moment to completely stop the clash.

"That's a cowardly tactic. Fight with honor bastard!" growled the woman standing opposite to the young man, her chest heaving furiously not from exhaustion but pure rage.

"The winner makes the rules and you are the loser, you know."

"Fine! You win. It's just a stupid costume!"

"Yay! Another one joins me…" Tsuki started cheerfully but lost her enthusiasm remembering the tireless training with her Onee-san. She currently wore a classic black and white maid costume with frills at the edges.

"Brynhildr, come to Onee-san," Tiamat's eyes twinkled as she approached Brynhildr with a measuring tape in her hands, her lips twisted in a creepy looking smile.

Brynhildr hung her head and sighed. She wanted to run back to Asgard at this moment.

Why did it come to this again?

It was her second day here and she just had to act cocky and agree to Tiamat's provocative bet. The bet stated that the loser will accompany Tsuki in wearing a maid outfit, the same was true for Hiro.

She thought Hiro must be a veteran at best in sword fighting and agreed. After all, she just had to knock him down under ten minutes. She would be a disgrace to Asgard if she lost against a High-Class Devil.

Little did she know he possessed the techniques honed for hundreds of years. Despite having less physical strength he took advantage of his sharp perception and agility to dodge her blade for whole minutes.

Hiro chuckled lightly at her pitiful state before sauntering back into the house. He had no maid fetish or anything but her expression of 'die better than accept' riled something inside him.

He changed his appearance back to average Japanese youth and teleported to the base of the idiotic Trio.

As expected, his sanity took a dive by the scene on this side. The kid suffering from eighth-grader syndrome and the monkey Yokai were rolling around on the ground in a fistfight similar to hooligans. The Devil Nekoshou sat on the sofa munching on popcorn with Ophis sucking on lollipop fully immersed in watching television.

21