Trial 30: Taming
932 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hiro let out a sigh and settled next to Kuroka who tried to move further. He, however, clasped her hand to stop her and grabbed a handful of popcorn from the tub on her lap.

"What do you have against me?" he asked while watching the cartoon playing on television. The muscular male character with glowing blonde hair wrecked the green alien with a V-Shaped head.

"You are suspicious as hell, nya."

"I'm just hiding my appearance. Do I look like a fool to come into a terrorist organization with my real appearance?"

"You are a high class devil," she growled at him.

He turned to her in confusion. He couldn't understand why she was ready to bite his head off.

"Does me being a high class devil bother you that much? Then how about this?"

Kuroka's eyes widened. Any trace of the devil's aura faded around him, replaced with a human's aura. After using her Senjutsu more than twice she realized this devil possessed incredible powers; it also piqued her curiosity.

"Nya, just what are you? I don't think even God-Class beings are this efficient in changing their aura."

"Just an average Japanese."

Kuroka went silent at his 'helpful' answer while Ophis got up and crawled over Kuroka's lap to Hiro's lap. Looking at him with hopeful eyes, her hands beckoned her as if asking something.

"I, want candy."

This time both Hiro and Kuroka became speechless. He released Kuroka's hand who returned a bewildered stare.

"Nya, do you have those?"

Hiro certainly had a lot of the low-level candies left for himself. He could regenerate any part of his body, even his head as long as his body had enough origin energy.

Phenex regeneration was really a great match for him. Otherwise, the real Phenex would become mortal after using up all their demonic power.

He fiddled around with his phone and summoned five candies. Ophis pulled out the lollipop and stretched her hands. Her eyes still looked emotionless. He shoved one of the candies in her mouth.

She shut her mouth while slowly enjoying the origin candy. Kuroka curiously looked at the candy in Hiro's hand. She bought so many popular candies for Ophis but she rejected all of them, saying she wants Hiro candies.

Hiro sensed her gaze at the candies. Smiling, he held up one of them near her mouth.

She alternated her gaze between Ophis, his face and the candy. In the end, curiosity got the better of her as she opened her mouth and took the candy inside.

"Mm. So good, nya~"

She cupped her red cheeks and moaned quietly, her expression full of delight.

"Curiosity killed the cat," he thought out loud. Kuroka's euphoric state strangely reminded him of this quote.

"Oi! The Hiro guy is here!"

"Nice. Let's fight him."

He glared at the noisy duo, unknowingly emitting killing intent. Vali's face somewhat paled from the killing intent before he glared back with even more intensity. While Bikou casually smiled. As a warrior, he had his fair share of small skirmishes.

"Ah? My power increased?" asked Kuroka, perplexed at her sudden increase in demonic power reserves. Though it seemed less than even one percent nonetheless it increased.

"Who knows?" Hiro feigned ignorance and stroked Ophis's hair.

"Hiro, more."

He calmly fed her another origin candy. It felt surreal to feed the most powerful being on your lap.

Should I be proud of myself?

He shrugged at the thought, ignoring Kuroka's inquisitive eyes carrying quite a bit of hesitation. He found this better than being hated for no apparent reason even more when she qualified as his subordinate.

"So Ophis, does this team also desire chaos?"

Ophis tilted her head still crunching the origin candy in her mouth. "No, fighting Vali's grandfather."

Fixing a calm gaze at Vali, he asked, "So there must be a backstory if you want to fight your grandfather. Is he also a True Lucifer?"

Vali nodded at Hiro's question then continued staring at the origin candy in his hand. After hearing it can increase his strength, a craving rose inside him.

"One of the Lucifers is still alive? Who had the power to survive the onslaught of Crimson Maou?"

Just recalling the bastard grandfather made Vali grit his teeth. Glaring, he answered, "Rizevim. Livan. Lucifer."

"What!? Are you crazy? Wasn't he a Super-Devil? Do you think you can face him with this half-ass team?"

He certainly remembered the crazy guy from Elans's memories.

"I will end that bastard!" Vali lashed out.

Hiro shook his head and stopped this discussion. Asking more will only enrage him further.

"Also Kuroka, don't go hating on me just because some devils mistreated you. Tell me if you both are ready to open up, I'll help if I can, as the team leader," he stared at the two of them and distinctly worded his advice.

"As if you know anything about my life…" Koruka muttered under her breath.

As for Vali, he really wanted to beat up the human or devil or whatever creature he was. But remembering their last battle, he stopped himself and declared, "I'll beat you one day and take back my leader position."

"Sure, but be prepared to get your ass kicked."

Hiro said and gave extra candy to each of them including Ophis.

"I'll get going for now and Ophis can you show me every faction of the Khaos Brigade tomorrow? Don't worry I'll return with more candies."

"I, shall show."

He patted her head for a while, not forgetting to imbue origin energy. Although she was genderless, his treatment for her was similar to a girl.

After returning to Tiamat's house, he got rid of Ophis's scent lingering on his body as the first thing. Otherwise the dragon and dragon-bird would barrage him with questions which he really wanted to avoid.

Why does it look like I'm a cheating husband cleaning up the evidence of an affair…? Must be my imagination, yeah....

He entered the house, greeted Tsuki with a few headpats before heading to his own room. He had so many he could get stronger like the «Crack» from Belphegors, used by 2nd ranker of rating games, Roygun Belphegor. The ability to create tears on anything with her immense demonic power.

«Worthless» from Belials, also the signature power of Diehauser Belial, 1st Ranker or the Champion of Rating games. He could nullify any power if he understood its properties even Holy Magic...

And lastly «Steal» from Velfars. True to its name it literally meant stealing. From stealing a physical object like a coin to spiritual things like memories and emotions...

Join my patreon for extra chapters...

17