Trial 33: Tsubaki Shinra
949 8 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A bespectacled black haired girl walked on a street. A light blue T-shirt tightly wrapped her large bosom while black jeans covered her pair of long legs.

People on the streets gawked at her beauty, which she overlooked with a calm expression and kept moving in a certain direction.

After another minute of walking, she arrived at her destination. A small building fitted with a large window and a single glass door,  She glanced at the name of the cafe and shook her head.

Despite her calm expression, her heart was a mess the same as her emotions. After all, making a deal with a devil wasn't so easy.

She took a deep breath and pushed open the front door. Inside, a beautiful teenage girl held a cup in her hand, chatting with a handsome boy and a beautiful girl. The rest of the cafe looked empty.

Normal people will say a gathering of high schoolers. But these three couldn't be any far from normal, the same went for herself.

Her nervous gaze met with the bespectacled short-haired girl who waved her hand with a smile.

She breathed a deep sigh before walking over to the ’devils’. Following Sona's gesture, she took a seat beside the white-haired girl.

She once again scrutinized the male and female in front of her, especially the male. He had short light ash blonde hair which went really well with his deep blue eyes. But she could see the serenity inside them unlike any of the men she ever met before.

But she knew in ‘Supernatural World’ appearances can be deceiving. A 100-year-old could easily look like a 10-year-old...

“Welcome, Tsubaki-san. How are you doing?” Sona greeted Tsubaki with a delicate smile, trying to ease her nervousness.

Meanwhile, Hiro sipped the bitter coffee. He wanted to scream at Sona who forced this coffee on him. He would choose sweet tea over coffee any time of the day. Still, his expression stayed stoic.

“Hello, Tsubaki-san. I’m Hiro, the unfortunate boyfriend of this girl.”

He tried to crack a joke which worked splendidly when he saw Tsubaki’s lips breaking into an unexpected smile. He also smiled ignoring the fingers ‘trying’ to pinch his waist.

“I’m Momo Hanakai, the bishop of Sona-sama.” Momo also introduced herself politely. Although she was scared of Hiro, the current him didn't seem bad.

The smile faded from Tsubaki’s face as she assumed a serious face. “What will be the conditions?”

Sona took back her hand from Hiro’s waist and adjusted her glasses. “The first will be about the rating games. As a member of my peerage, you are obligated to participate in them. I’ll give a detailed explanation about them later but the matter of the fact is there won’t be any danger to your life.

“I’ll also take full responsibility for your normal life. You have the choice to come live at my house in Kuoh and join Kuoh’s academy.”

Tsubaki nodded her head. It was all she could ask for. Her own clan treated her like air just because she was born with an uncommon ability to call supernatural beings through any mirror. 

But she couldn’t hate them. Her clan ‘Shinra’ was one of the five principal clans of Japan; they were all famous for purifying evil spirits. They were all blessed from their birth to manipulate one element.

Each clan also had a connection to a sacred beast which was inherited by the strongest members.

For her own safety, gaining protection from a devil was the only way for her to survive in the ‘Supernatural world’ unknown to normal humans.

The worst was she would be captured for experimenting for her special ability.

“I agree.”

“Welcome to my peerage Tsubaki. Since you have high skills in magic and can fight in close range, I’ll give you the Queen piece. It will give you increased strength, enhanced magical power with high speed and mobility.”

Tsubaki stared back in confusion. “The Queen sounds pretty powerful. Is that something special?”

Sona nodded, ignoring Momo’s surprised expression. “Yeah, it is. A peerage has a total of fifteen pieces. Eight pawns, two bishops, two knights, two rooks, and a single queen. The Queens usually are second-in-command after the King, in this case, me.”

Tsubaki lowered her head with a determined expression. “I will try my best to live up to your expectations.”

Sona’s serious face softened into a smile while Hiro nodded. Sona really chose servants for their diligent behavior, not their power. Though even her power was pretty high from human standards.

Sona already told Tsubaki’s circumstances beforehand. He could only shake his head at the way these Clans treated their families.

The usual family’s honor comes first shit…

His own mother was sacrificed for the so-called honor which he only came to know after Aux-sam removed the seals on his memories. And he also got the knowledge about his half-sister.

“I’ll do the ceremony for reincarnation later. First, we need to buy some new clothes for you. These ones look ‘small’,” Sona said, her eyes lingering on Tsubaki’s bit too-tight T-shirt.

Hiro’s gaze also stopped there for a moment and nodded in approval. Tsubaki reflexively covered her chest, her eyes glaring daggers at Hiro.

He turned his gaze to Sona and whispered, “What is this about your Kuoh’s house? Are you shifting to Human world?”

Sona nodded with a helpless smile. “Rias will inherit Kuoh Town as her territory. While I’m given the duty to protect the area around Kuoh’s academy during the night. So I might as well join the academy for graduation. Can you also join the academy? Please?” Sona pleaded with upturned eyes.

Her puppy eyes dealt a critical hit on Hiro’s heart. He couldn't stop himself from nodding. Seeing the victorious grin on Sona’s face, he let out a deep sigh.

“Thanks, you will also stay at my house?”

“Then I won’t be able to stop myself from ‘eating’ you,” He whispered.

Sona averted her gaze from his meaningful eyes. “I-Idiot.”

Tsubaki and Momo looked at each other with an empathizing gaze. Their master started to flirt in front of her single servants. 

‘Where is the calm and intellectual girl from before?’ They both thought as they looked at Sona talking to her boyfriend with a flushed face.

Sona also noticed the weird looks on Tsubaki and Momo's faces and adopted a poker face.

“Let us depart for the malls in Kuoh Town.” She turned to Hiro. “You will be accompanying us.”

“Sure…”

Thus, the awkward date? of a single guy and three beautiful girls began.

20