Chapter 169
219 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 169

Inside the Alchemy Tower, on the third floor.

This was a large room with some tools used for experiments. It can be said that each tool was very expensive, and some of them can't even be seen outside.

——Because these were created by the alchemists of the Alchemy Tower specially ordered by Xia Zuoyi.

It was not easy to build, and it consumed manpower, material resources and money.

What's more, currently, only the alchemists in the Alchemy Tower need these tools, so they have not been circulated to the outside world for the time being.

Even the medical school established some time ago is not as complete as the Alchemy Tower.

At this time, Chebman Norton, Jacob, Philip, Adai and others were all staying in this room. They were gathered around a place with several cages.

Xia Zuoyi, on the other hand, stood a little behind with Udit.

The cages were transported from other rooms in advance to test the results of the experiment.

Chebman wore a white coat and a white mask over his mouth, as did everyone else.

But at this moment, the mask was pulled up to his chin, revealing a smile that Chebman couldn't help make.

The master alchemist couldn't hide the joy in his eyes and said to the others: "Look, the wounds of these animals are all recovering well."

"Especially this rabbit, it can already jump."

Jacob also said with a happy face: "Indeed, the wound was stitched very well, and there are no symptoms of infection. I think this rabbit has recovered the best."

"The second thing is that this little white mouse is very energetic."

"Adai, Philip, what do you think?" Chebman nodded happily, and then looked at the other two people.

They were all personally selected by the lord to participate in this experiment.

Adai expressed his opinion: "The way the wound is sutured and the care after the operation all play an important role."

Philip scratched his head and muttered with some distress: "I really don't know why I, an alchemist who specializes in metal alchemy, do experiments with alchemists of your sect..."

He glanced at the Lord secretly, but since this was the Lord's request, of course he came willingly.

Philip said: "Our surgical suturing was very successful this time, mainly because the prepared sterile operating room and disinfection also played a big role."

"And, most importantly, these animals were sutured with absorbable catgut..."

Chebman nodded, and Philip's understanding was also very good.

They have been experimenting with surgical sutures for more than three months, and the first two failed.

This is the third and most successful one.

Earlier, the Lord raised the point of whether serious wounds could be sutured - some serious wounds would be difficult to heal and sometimes even endanger people's lives.

The purpose of suturing the wound is to reduce the tension during the healing process and restore the function of the skin tissue.

Moreover, if some special wound locations are not repaired, even if the superficial scars are healed, the inner functions will be difficult to recover and may even be permanently lost.

Xia Zuoyi also used skin, tendons, blood vessels and other organs in different parts of the human body as examples.

These words caused all the alchemists present to think deeply.

Afterwards, Xia Zuoyi said that he planned to form a team specializing in experimental suture surgery, and the candidates would be selected directly from the alchemists in the Alchemy Tower.

This team needs someone to serve as the main researcher, someone to serve as assistant, recorder, etc.

The main researchers are naturally those alchemists who are famous and have achieved great results in alchemy. As for assistants, recorders were for others who were also very eager to get this opportunity.

Xia Zuoyi had the decision-making power and finally settled on Chebman, Jacob and others.

He also participated in part of the research at the beginning, giving hints without leaving a trace - such as the stitching methods and techniques, the raw materials of the sutures, etc.

Moreover, small animals must be selected for suturing experiments.

From mice and rats to frogs and rabbits, the third experiment also added an injured little monkey.

The animals to be tested must be divided into different levels, and detailed observation of hygiene, presence of pathogens, etc. is required.

Then make different arrangements.

Among them, the most important part is the process of suturing. First of all, anesthetics and disinfectants are used emphatically, and the dosage must be paid attention to according to the size of the animal.

In the first experiment, because they didn't pay attention, they gave too much anesthetic, which directly caused one of the experimental mice to be poisoned and died.

Fortunately, no problems arose during subsequent surgeries on other experimental animals.

The steps of suturing include needle insertion, needle withdrawal, and needle clamping. The surgical tools were all specially made. After the needle is pulled out in the last step, an assistant is required to tie knots and cut threads.

Chebman drew an operation diagram and detailed disassembly steps specifically for this purpose, and displayed them on the blackboard nearby.

During this period of more than three months, Chebman, Adai and others were immersed in continuous practice of suturing experiments almost every day, accumulating experience and becoming very proficient in the operation of suturing.

This time was the most successful because all the wounds of the experimental animals healed after being sutured.

Every detail has been taken care of.

Chebman then asked Xia Zuoyi to come forward.

He said: "Lord, now we can guarantee the success rate of suturing surgery on experimental animals in the future."

“After making no mistakes and ensuring that the suturing technique is proficient, do we have to go out and look for patients who need suturing?”

After all, their ultimate goal in studying and learning suture surgery is to treat people's serious physical injuries.

Xia Zuoyi said: "Going out to look for patients is one thing, but you can also post or publish news so that patients can take the initiative to come and cooperate with treatment."

"Although we treat people with experience in stitching wounds on animals, animals are not people after all. There is a big difference between the animal body and the human body…"

"Therefore, in order to ensure that the patients who come to cooperate can feel at ease, some material or financial compensation can be given."

"Note that suture treatment can only be performed with the patient's consent, and we must sign a surgical consent form with the patient in advance."

Adai said: "Surgery consent form?"

"Does the lord think that if the suturing operation is unsuccessful, the patient will make trouble?"

But such worries should be unnecessary. After all, the Alchemy Tower belongs to the lord, and who dares to trouble the lord...

Xia Zuoyi: "No, it is a consent form that clearly states the operation process, time, problems that may arise during the operation, and treatment measures, etc."

"The main thing is to let the patient and the patient's family know the necessity and situation of the surgery..."

“Not only does the patient have to sign, but the doctor who primarily performs the surgery also has to sign.”

——People who treat patients in the Desinian territory are now collectively called doctors, which is different from the previous names of doctors and alchemists.

Adai nodded upon hearing this.

Chebman, Jacob, Philip and others also understood.

Xia Zuoyi stayed in the alchemy tower for a long time, and it wasn't until it got dark that he suddenly realized that he needed to go back.

Upon seeing this, Philip came over and said: "Lord, I will take you to the entrance of the alchemy tower."

Don't expect to send him to Pal Mountain, it's simply impossible.

Two bright and warm kerosene lamps hang at the door of the alchemy tower.

Xia Zuoyi paused when he went out, and there was a slight change in his expression.

Because at this moment, two more carriages were parked at the entrance of the Alchemy Tower, one carriage came from the Pope, and the other came from Archibald.

Xia Zuoyi was a little relieved, very good, very good, fortunately Orville didn't come.

The two of them were undoubtedly there to pick him up.

Sure enough, Segalot and Archibald both extended their hands to invite him to get in the carriage and return to Pal Mountain together.

Xia Zuoyi sighed.

He turned to Philip and said, "It's getting late. You should go back and rest early."

Philip glanced secretly at His Excellency the Pope and His Highness the Prince, and then nodded hesitantly: "Then Lord... I will go back first, please go slowly."

"Good."

After Philip left, Xia Zuoyi walked towards His Excellency the Pope and Archibald. He slapped away the palms extended by both of them and said: "I have a carriage, why should I take the two of yours?"

After that, he turned around and took Udit away.

If only His Excellency the Pope is present, Xia Zuoyi would have agreed to the invitation to ride in the carriage together, and the other carriage will be driven by the driver alone.

But tonight, Archie was here.

After all, they have known each other for a long time, and they are both partners and friends.

Xia Zuoyi needs to give Archie a cooling-off period in their relationship, and then plans to find a time to have a good talk with him...

Three carriages left the alchemy tower one after another.

Soon after, they returned to the castle on Pal Mountain. At this time, the fluffy animals were still very active and would go to bed after tossing for a while.

As soon as Xia Zuoyi and the Pope entered the hall, they saw Orville sitting alone on a chair, holding the drowsy Gungun in his arms.

His side and surroundings are full of the fluffy beasts.

Xia Zuoyi paused, and he felt that he even saw a flash of smile at the corner of Orville's mouth for a moment.

"Cough……"

Orville paused slightly while stroking Gungun's hand.

He raised his head and said to Xia Zuoyi: "You are back."

Then his voice dropped two degrees, and became much colder again when he said to the Pope and Archibald: "You are back."

Xia Zuoyi: “…………”

Orville, you are clearly treating them differently.

He walked over and said, "Why aren't you sleeping yet?"

Orville stood up holding Gungun in his arms and said in a gentle voice: "I'm waiting for you to come back, little Zuoyi."

And by the way, touch the fluffy ones.

Is it……

Xia Zuoyi expressed doubts about this.

Are you sure it's not the most important thing to touch the fluffy animals, and then wait for him? !

The author has something to say: 

Xia Xia: The Grand Duke is easier to deal with, but Archie is a little troublesome.

Grand Duke: I won’t leave anyway.

Archie: I'm really sad... little Zuoyi.

Pope: There are not enough vinegar buckets. It’s time to prepare a vat.

4