Chapter 2: Escape
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I take a second and stretch out my limbs. I still can’t quite feel them I think, I am not sure how they are supposed to feel, but they are bitterly cold and seem to be covered in a frost that won’t melt.

“At least I can move freely.” I finally am able to talk and hear my own voice which startled me.

I try to reach out to the ice around me and I can feel it almost communicate with it, though I am not sure if this is how it is supposed to feel like. I know somehow through my body how water should feel, I would think that ice is similar. Though this ice feels different, as if it’s not quite right. I shake my head, not currently my biggest problem, I still need to leave this cave.

I try to get up and stand on my legs, but they buckle and give out. Too weak still for me to stand on still. Rest, I need rest. I can feel every part of my body yearn for rest. I don't know if I should, but it seems there was not much of a choice in that as the darkness seems to swallow me up and my body gives out.

I am not sure how much time has passed before I come back too and look around me again. I still feel weak, but more awake now. I try to stand up again and this time I have more success as I am able to get on my feet feeling the weight of my body as I take a step and look around the cave feeling around. My body is still so cold, unexplainably so.

I still don’t remember my name, or where I am from. I touch the ice and ask it to let me out as I feel it around me as the ice starts parting, creating a path out till I see light outside.

A wave of warm air blows in as it tickles my cold scales and ripples across the floor of the cave. I stumble my way to the entrance of the cave.

As I step outside of the cave and feel warm air blown across me. I stretch out my wing and feel the sun bask down on my scales sending a shiver down my spine as the warmth of the sun feels odd, not quite right. Maybe the ice changed me.

0