Fight of the Ages
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We quickly rushed out of the elevator and glanced to our side, noticing approximately four TSA guards approaching us rapidly, brandishing their wands like formidable creatures. "Come on, how about we move!" Malachi shouted.

"Along these lines!" I mentioned it, and I steered us to one side. We eventually began to give up on these steps as the four TSA agents continued to follow us, getting closer and closer. We reached the highest point of the steps and hurriedly made our way to another doorway. The followers began to wield their magical tools, and I swiftly grasped Malachi's arm, pulling him away.

"What are you doing?" he inquired.

Suddenly, a bolt flew above us, shattering the walls as we quickly dodged and leaped away.

"Are you out of your mind?" he exclaimed. "We could have passed on!"

"We planned to pass on the off chance that we didn't get down!" I raised my voice. We continued to move swiftly through the corridor, but soon we found ourselves being chased by a considerable number of people. Currently, there were approximately 8 guards positioned behind us, wielding their wands and firing projectiles in our direction.

The bolts narrowly avoided hitting us, but they caused quite a commotion in the town, causing floors to break and disintegrate. But suddenly, we came to an unexpected halt, and we had no choice but to cease.

Malachi wielded his wand, unleashing a powerful burst of green energy that completely demolished the wall.

It came upon the individuals trailing us, providing us with an alternative route to escape from this passageway. "Hurry, this way!" Tisiah exclaimed, and we hurried into a more favorable location, only to come across another group of TSA agents. "Don't even consider moving!" one of them shouted, and he launched a crimson projectile towards us.

"Shield!" Nikki raised her voice, prompting Tisiah to quickly create a barrier, preventing the projectile. "How about we take them down!" Malachi said. "I'm feeling ready for a fight!"

We all nodded at each other, except for me. Unfortunately, my right leg felt like jelly, so I wouldn't be able to do much. We made some progress on them, thanks to Tisiah's effective safeguard and the rest of us shooting bolts at the agents.

Soon enough, we found ourselves on the battlefield, facing the oncoming agents. Swiftly, I evaded a strike and retaliated with a forceful blow to the abdomen.

Using my non-dominant leg, which being I'm right-handed, it didn't cause as much harm as you might expect. Surprisingly, September mysteriously appeared behind the agents and swiftly struck them on the back of their heads with her wand. "Okay!" Nikki exclaimed with enthusiasm.

However, just at that moment, we suddenly heard three distinct footsteps approaching from behind. We quickly adjusted our focus as we noticed Mr. Drails approaching us, ready to collect a gateway. "God help us, run!" I raised my voice, and we swiftly passed through the entrance, narrowly avoiding the portal. We burst through the entrance and sprinted away.

We continued to move swiftly through the base, nearing our destination, when suddenly, a man appeared in front of us.

"Hello, children," Demeitrus Rocke greeted.

September's expression was filled with anger as she approached him, but I quickly intervened, grabbing her arm and pulling her back.

"No," I said.

She noticed me, breathing heavily as if I were out of my mind. But I weakly smiled at her, trying to get her to calm down. Her breathing became steady and calm as she looked at me once again.

"You should really take notice of him," Rocke said, with a sinister chuckle. "It just makes things easier for me."

Suddenly, he whipped out his weapon and fired two more shots at my legs, causing me to collapse to the ground.

I sobbed in agony, clutching my aching knees. I could sense blood trickling down onto the floor, while Nikki stood above me, assessing the situation. "Connor!" I heard September shout as she charged towards me.

I tried to control my breathing, and I watched as she stopped, her eyes filled with tears. I could feel the warm liquid slipping through my fingers and pooling on the ground, while a sense of dizziness began to creep over me. "Please, stay with me!" she pleaded. She began to frantically press her hands against my legs, desperately trying to prevent the inevitable. "Naive children," I overheard him remark.

But suddenly, I heard hurried footsteps and turned around to find Mr. Drails rushing into the room with his two assistants in tow. But then, he noticed me and fear was clearly written all over his face. "Connor!" he shouted, rushing towards me and lifting me off the ground.

I tried to smile at him, but it was difficult to unwind. But then, at that moment, Demeitrus Rocke noticed him and suddenly his smile grew ominously. "Hi, Bruce," he said with a playful tone. "How's your work as the President going? I heard you're doing an admirable job."

Mr. Drails cast a disdainful look at him, and then turned his gaze back to me.

"How dare you do this to me," he exclaimed. "Do you really believe you've achieved your desired vengeance?" I will seek retribution for this. Suddenly, he unleashed icy projectiles from his wand, hurtling towards Demeitrus Rocke, who had a mischievous smile on his face.

Rocke skillfully dodged the dangerous spikes. "I have your abilities now, which is quite impressive."

"What?" everyone exclaimed. Then Nikki recognized it. "Is he prepared to modify their abilities whenever someone uses it?" she asked. "Sure," he replied. "Come on, let's have a battle, Bruce."

They stared at each other with intense anger and fury in their eyes, causing everyone else to quickly retreat and give them some space. The two engaged in a fierce duel, as Bruce unleashed a barrage of ice spikes while Rocke skillfully dodged them using his wand.

They engaged in a fierce battle, with intense bursts of energy exchanged between them. With lightning speed, Mr. Drails unleashed his entryway powers, only to be swiftly countered by Rocke. The two continued their intense battle, each launching relentless attacks. Rocke raced towards Mr. Drails and swiftly maneuvered through an entrance, only to emerge from another one behind him.

Rocke was left stunned on the frigid ground, watching Mr. Drails walk away. As he turned, his wand unexpectedly struck him in the face, causing him to stagger backwards.

"Nice move," he remarked. "But it's just not enough." Demeitrus Rocke began producing ice and firing it at him, but Mr. Drails swiftly utilized his entrance abilities to evade the projectiles. He then, at that moment, unleashed his icy powers, creating a massive block of ice.

Rocke effortlessly leaped over it, and then sent a substantial sphere of ice in his direction. Mr. Drails swiftly changed direction and opened a doorway, but Rocke had already followed closely behind. Both individuals arrived through a shared entrance, but Rocke forcefully pushed Mr. Drails away.

Mr. Drails was forcefully knocked back, and he landed with a jolt on the ground, causing him to cry out in pain. However, he refused to give up. He proceeded to use a barrage of ice spikes and directed them towards Rocke, who effortlessly dodged them.

He forcefully kicked Mr. Drails in the chest, causing him to fall to the ground.

"Thus, I hope you realize that you should have never abandoned me." I want to inform you that consequences will be headed your way, no matter what. Finally, the day has arrived," he exclaimed.

I was taken aback, my heart filled with anger. I felt a surge of energy coursing through me, my muscles tingling with power as I sprinted towards Demeitrus Rocke.

I glanced at him, and his eyes widened in fear, as my fist struck his stomach, propelling him through the air and crashing into the wall at the end of the hallway.

I glanced over and noticed Nikki staring at me. I quickly spun around to Mr. Drails, anxiously trying to assess his stability. "Connor," he whispered sadly. "Do you possess the knowledge to harness your abilities?"

"Yes, I do," I replied. "Or maybe I did at some point."

Mr. Drails smiled, his eyes wide open. "That's fantastic," he exclaimed. "I thought you were eager for additional tasks, but it seems I was mistaken. Now, please come here so we can resolve this." I assisted him in standing and we both glanced at Rocke, but something seemed amiss.

Completely incorrect.

Suddenly, Rocke's arms began to shimmer with a vibrant red glow, and a surge of energy surged through his fingertips. "You foolish child!" he shouted. "It seems you forgot that I have the ability to alter your powers, and now, you've finally met someone who can challenge you."

Unexpectedly, he clenched his fists and forcefully struck the wall, creating a powerful shockwave that sent us soaring through the air. I found myself floating above the rail, only to come crashing down onto the floor with a loud bang.

I lost consciousness, unable to sense anything in my body. Suddenly, I had no control over my body, feeling as if I were mere debris.

0