Motives
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I found myself in a confined space, reminiscent of a prison, with bars surrounding me. I was lying on a bed, with tubes connected to my arms. All of a sudden, as if they were done clinging onto me, they retreated up into the ceiling, and I caught a sound.

"Hey, what's happening?" I asked. I had no idea of my location, or how much time had passed since I became unaware. I woke up in my bed and began to look around, wondering why I was restrained. Before me, there was a small table with a seat, and an entrance that led to another room. Out of nowhere, the sound of footsteps echoed down the hallway, as if a guard or some other figure was approaching.

"Hey there, are you awake?" he inquired.

He donned heavy protection, complete with thick boots and gloves. He also wore a helmet, complete with a visor and a mouthpiece. He casually approached me, giving me a quick once-over. "You seem quite conscious," he said in an intimidating tone, as if he was deeply angered by something. I truly hope that he isn't.

He forcefully opened the door and immediately restrained my arms, gripping them firmly, causing me to struggle and gasp in pain. "Please refrain from attempting to escape," he said. "Just be a good kid, alright."
As we drove through the jail, he let me walk down the hallways and past many rooms. There were a few individuals in there, all wearing similar attire. I pondered the events that had transpired and the reasons behind their presence. We hurriedly approached the elevator and stepped inside, ascending to our destination. The watchman pressed the button, and the doors closed. Then background music played, which was exactly what I needed at the moment.

We seemed to be going in multiple directions at once, which felt strange. As the entryway swung open, a sight greeted me - a room that had clearly served as a laboratory at some point. However, the room was quite bare, containing only two beds, a table, and a few seats. I was escorted to one of the beds, and the guard removed my restraints. "Get on the bed, and take a stab at nothing entertaining," he stated. "I don't have time for that."

I entered the bed and as I settled down, chains suddenly appeared and tightly gripped my hands, restraining them completely.

The watchman casually walked over to the entrance, leaning in to listen. Then, at that moment, he managed to get out of the room.

But just then, the doorway swung open again and to my surprise, Mr. Drails entered with another guard, and was instructed to climb onto the bed. However, he was not as easy to handle, and he firmly struck him on the head. The next gatekeeper tumbled backwards and landed on the ground, blood streaming from his nose. Suddenly, another individual appeared and brandished a gun, pointing it directly at him. Mr. Drails eased himself into the bed, his wrists unrestricted.

I felt like a switch in our positions would have been appropriate, and it's a fact that everyone is aware of.

Out of nowhere, someone burst in with a mischievous laugh, donning a rustic coat adorned with a fur collar. "Hi, Perkies," Demeitrus Rocke chuckled. "I like calling you folks that." He took a seat and sat down, smiling at me. "I was wondering when you would wake up," he said. "It's already ten AM, and one would expect a young child to be quite energetic at this time. However, I must admit that I don't consider myself an expert in many things."

He reclined on the seat and groaned, then, afterwards, examined Mr. Drails and then myself. Then, at that moment, Mr. Drails inquired, "How did you acquire the copying power? No one has ever seen or heard of that power, and it's clear that it's very strong."

Rocke smiled. "Certainly, we should take a look. Let's say you're a fire mage, so your power comes from fire, right?"

"How about an ice mage, virtuoso."

"Sure. Fire and Ice are two types of magic that can be combined, resulting in some fascinating combinations. In 2010, I discovered a remarkable creation - a molecule that I named ADA-4. This molecule had the incredible ability to incorporate every known power of mankind. Each connector cell has the capacity to store up to four powers. Currently, when it came to Perks, I had to be a bit creative. As you may already know, many individuals who acquire a new ability often struggle with controlling it at first. This made me think that if I could link a function to a molecule, then maybe I had some influence over it."

"So how can one complete the entire Perk framework, regardless of their understanding of the contents of each Perk?" I asked.

"Clear-cut. I assigned a particular number of molecules to each capacity. But here's an interesting fact: a power that can only be activated with the help of a wand is quite fascinating. However, benefits arise from this one source that I discovered. Therefore, if you wish to harness a power, it is crucial to connect it to the core element that generates the benefits. I also did that. I acquired that ability on my own, even without relying on a wand. It really brings out my determination," he stated.

I was incredibly impressed by his words, and I almost felt compelled to delve deeper into this. But then, suddenly, an idea struck me. "Why do you desire the Armonk?" I asked.

"Indeed, a cloning gadget is perhaps the ultimate desire. Imagine creating an endless number of individuals with special abilities who oppose the United States. We would be unstoppable, and there is no way the military could stand against us," he declared. "Despite the challenges posed by Micheal Jones, he is making it very difficult for me. It seems like he really values this opportunity and just doesn't want to disclose the location, even though I offered him a significant amount of money."

I was quite surprised, and I had to admit, a part of me wanted to witness this machine firsthand. But the thought of Micheal Jones potentially getting hurt and scrutinized made me shiver.

"So what's the purpose of our presence here?" Mr. Drails asked.

Surprisingly, Rocke rose to his feet, emphasizing the importance of our involvement. "I have to revoke your privileges and allocate them to the clones, as per my vision. Portals that have the power to transport fighters to any location, or a force that turns peaceful fields into battlegrounds. It would be absolutely incredible, and it would elevate me to a whole new level!""

"What are you trying to say?" "Mr. Drails inquired," he said.

"I'll demonstrate our superiority to EMO by showcasing the TSA's unmatched capabilities across the United States. I want to witness all your hard work crumble, Bruce. I want to see it completely destroyed. I need you to examine your country in turmoil and recognize who we are," he said, approaching with a voice that grew increasingly ominous, and I started to feel afraid.

"So this is just a mission for payback," Mr. Drails said. "I thought you were trying to involve my own child as a means of seeking vengeance."

"Sort of, but not exactly. The goal here is to acquire the Armonk and then utilize it to establish a military force," Rocke stated confidently. "Please stay calm as these cylinders will accompany you during my experiment."

Suddenly, tubes descended from above, attaching to the limbs and head. They quickly began to drain the blood from my body, causing me to tremble uncontrollably.

"Unfortunately, I would require a significant amount of your blood to provide for a large number of individuals. However, there is no need to worry. Rest assured, everything will be alright," he assured.

The trembling worsened, and I had the sensation of almost losing my grip. I cried out in agony, and later I experienced a sharp pain in my arm. My voice felt strained and on the verge of breaking, making it difficult to raise my voice. I began to tremble with increasing intensity, and my sight became increasingly hazy.

Then, suddenly, I witnessed something truly remarkable, and I realized it was the brilliance of the sun streaming in through the window. The cylinders retreated to their dwelling, and Rocke emerged with a cheerful expression. "Wasn't so bad, was it?" he chuckled, appearing quite pleased with himself. "I'll check in on everyone's progress later."

0