Distinctive Talks
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I felt completely drained and weak at the same time. I felt completely depleted, as if all energy had been drained from my body. I found myself completely immobilized, with no desire to even attempt calling for assistance. After all, what good would it do?

I observed Mr. Drails, who also seemed tired but appeared to be much worse off than I was. He glanced in my direction, as if he suddenly noticed my interest.

He whispered, inhaling deeply. "Why did you do this?" he asked. "Regardless, you were aware that I removed you from the mission, but you had to do it." See where that led you."

I found it difficult to engage in conversation, preferring to immerse myself in my feelings of disappointment.

He complained and glanced at me once again. "You had the opportunity to shoot yourself in the leg twice, and now he has a plan to create clones of all his men with the Armonk using a piece of our Perks. Is this what you were looking for?"

The silence was unnerving, and quite bothersome if I do say so myself, but I simply couldn't bring myself to speak. I began to acknowledge that my lack of blood may have diminished my confidence in speaking. Although that may sound completely untrue, honestly.

"Is this since I didn't let you know I was your dad?" Mr. Drails said. "You insisted that I should endure my setbacks, and I certainly have."

That carried me to at last talk, and to talk with an electrical discharge.

"No, that's not it," I replied. "It's quite frustrating that you never bothered to inform me about being my father. But, that was definitely not the main concern here!"

"Then what was?"

I stumbled over my words, feeling the weight of confusion fill my mouth.

"I wasn't trying to make you crush my friends' dreams," I said. "They were soon to become skilled undercover operatives upon graduation, but unfortunately, due to my actions, they were all subjected to a blacklist."

Once again he moaned, but I felt inclined to do so. Perhaps it was a successful technique for releasing those wretched breaths from your lungs.

"I understand, but they were still part of your group," Mr. Drails said, sounding a bit weary.

"I understand, but they were friends, and I felt that they deserved a chance," I said, feeling waves of sadness wash over me. I tried to prevent them from rolling down my cheeks, but the weight of disappointment overwhelmed me and the tears broke free.
"I don't want to ruin your life, but I also can't stand by and watch people suffer just because of your actions," Mr. Drails figured out.

I casually sniffed and wiped my nose with my sleeve.

"Nonetheless, we have an opportunity. We need to locate Dr. Jones and hope that he can provide us with the information we need to put a stop to it," I stated confidently, focusing on our strengths.

Mr. Drails gave me a serious but supportive look. "That is certainly an interesting idea," he said with a growing smile, "But how would we go about finding him?"

I sighed and pondered for a moment.

"Nikki," I called out. "She has a remarkable skill for pickpocketing. We can assist her in leaving and locating the map to his possible whereabouts."

Mr. Drails nodded in comprehension and anticipation, but then he paused. "How are we going to leave?" he asked, sounding rather incredulous.

I nonchalantly shrugged. "I don't have the foggiest idea, you have no chains on you at the moment."

He gave a disapproving shake of his head. "This bed is like a sandy trap, where your sinking speed depends on your weight. This is one of the whole secret agent creation thingy-stuff, so if I were to relocate, I would face difficulties in doing so. Any other thoughts?"

I whispered and surveyed the room. I was quite confident that there were no windows or entryways, but I did notice a few things that could potentially be useful.

"If I had access to a rope, I believe I could secure myself," I stated. "And maybe later I could flip the bed and pull myself out."

"I'm concerned I'm not understanding," Mr. Drails expressed.

Once again, I expressed my frustration. "All things considered, essentially, we're trapped in here," I said. "We're cooked in all forms."
I searched below, hoping to find something that could somehow provide assistance. Then I noticed that the wheels were securely fastened, suggesting that if I were to move around with too much vigor, there was a risk of them shattering into tiny fragments.

So I started trembling, and Mr. Drails leaned back in the bed and chuckled.

The bed began to rock back and forth, as the fasteners stretched and snapped, until finally the entire thing collapsed and tumbled to the floor. The bed began to shift with such force that I had the choice to launch myself off and land on the ground. The chains broke as the bed tipped over.

I stood up, feeling tired from the constant activity I had to do. "Okay, great. Is there a way you could do the same for me?" he inquired.

"Yeah I think," I said, energizing my Perk.

I casually walked over and made an attempt to claim the bed. "Ugh. That is quite heavy," I said. I forcefully kicked the lock, filled with frustration, and it immediately broke as if it was held together with something weak. The bed shifted at an angle and began to tilt, resembling the last one left.

I energetically leaped up and swiftly moved the top of the bed to the other side. I was just about to get into position when I heard a voice coming from behind me. "What do you think you're doing?!" they exclaimed, and I quickly recognized them as the guards.
"Quickly!" Mr. Drails raised his voice, and I quickly turned to find him gesturing towards me. I pulled him off, and the guards confronted their wands at us, however we were at that point gone.

"What?" they muttered, their eyes darting around the room. Despite our position being behind theirs, Mr. Drails skillfully employed his entrance abilities just in time, and we found ourselves on the other side of the entrance.

"OK, how about we move," Mr. Drails advised, and we went through the corridors. I couldn't help but think about how Nikki and everyone else would be desperately searching for me. It seemed unlikely that they were present, as they were most likely still confined to their cells. Mr. Drails mentioned that he intended to wait for their arrival, but I wasn't entirely convinced that they would be delivered.

We had to locate the researcher as quickly as possible.

Suddenly, a security guard appeared before us, prompting us to quickly retreat behind the corner. We noticed his confident steps, and we quickly hid as he passed by. He casually walked down the corridor and into another room, and we dutifully followed him. Just as he rounded the bend, Mr. Drails swiftly apprehended him, prompting us to quickly retreat and seek cover.

I glanced around the corner, trying to see if any guards were still lingering nearby. It's fortunate that there wasn't anything beneficial. We continued walking through the corridor, trying to look into each cell in order to find Nikki. However, it seemed like there were other prisoners, although I wasn't sure if they were affiliated with the YMPA or not. Maybe from one of the organizations focused on emotions.

Suddenly, we could hear the sound of multiple people approaching us. "Where should we go?" I asked. He quickly surveyed his surroundings and whispered, "Over there."

We patiently waited at the corner for their arrival. As soon as they were discovered, we swiftly employed our fists, swiftly neutralizing them and causing them to fall to the ground.

"Why don't we just grab the map ourselves?" Mr. Drails said. "Once we locate the scientist, we will be able to rescue them."

"But what if they actually follow through with something?" I asked. "We would be past the point of no return."

He placed his hands gently on my shoulders. "You want to figure out how to quit stressing and soon to simply do however much you can to save others. Don't worry about the worst things, because there will always be bad situations. Regardless, it will continue to occur the more you dwell on it."

I made a gesture. "Now, we should get this map and attempt to track down Dr. Jones."

0