3. Being a mercenary
67 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What do you mean he was sold?!" Teresa said with disbelief and wide-eyes. 

"I already told you, he was sold to the Gaos. He should have packed everything by noon tomorrow and wait in front of the village entrance. Someone will pick him up." said the man with the black hair and beard.

Tyckle could recognize these 3 guards since they usually patrol the village. There are at least 14 guards, at least that's how many he saw in the village. He would often intentionally pass by the entrance on to the forest. To get information from this world, he would ask often the guards. Most of the time he does not get any answers because he will be shooed away.

Except for Aviones, a younger guard who often gives him a piece of his bread because he sympathizes with the "little boy". Tyckle asked him about this world and learned through him more about this village and surroundings.

He only knows the name of two of the guards who are in the small hut. One who stands next to the door is called Ahelmil, who has black hair and a long mustache. Tyckle knows him because he is the brother of Aviones standing next to him. He also has black hair and is slightly shorter for his age, but has no beard like his brothers.

Yeah, that's right. Those 3 guards are brothers and are something of a celebrity here. The biggest one is known for his muscles and almost everyone is familiar with his fist. The second one is rather thin and is known for his gambling addiction. The third smaller one is rather good-natured and has a completely different personality than his brothers.

"How dare you? He is my son!" she screamed angrily to the three brothers and hurried to Tyckle and embraced him tightly.

"Please understand us, there is nothing we can do, Fridiruk said the lord has sold several slave children to the mercenary company Gaos," Aviones said and tried to calm them down.

"and I've heard that it's not really bad there. He gets military training and gets good food." he continued.

"No! It's my son and he will stay here with me!" she shouted at Aviones.

"Surely you do not want your son to work as a slave until the end of his life. Think of this as a chance for him to get out of here." Aviones tried to put her at ease and looked at him.

"And you Tyckle, you're always interested in adventures. Think of it as an adventure." he said with a smile.

"Are you finished talking? We still have others to inform about it, we don't have endless time. Aviones we are going," said Ahelmil, uninterested like he was a bystander.

Ahelmil and his bigger brother left the small hut. Aviones was the last, before leaving, he took a look back at him before he went out.

His mother trembled slightly, while he was in her embrace. She hugged him even harder until he had difficulty breathing. Tyckle did not make a sound. He just kept thinking about what Aviones said. At this point, he heard the door open slowly. His mother Teresa heard nothing and tears began to form in her eyes. 

"Mom, Dad is here." Tyckle said softly as he knew that his father was here.

Brutr rushed to his mother and hugged her. He stroked his mother's hair slowly. Tyckle was sandwiched between the two.

"Brutr, they... they sold our-" she sobbed.

"I know, I heard everything from the guards," Brutr said warmly as he continued to stroke Teresas hair. "Although Little Tyckle will be sold, he will have a brighter future there. I talked to them and tried to stop them. Unfortunately, he was already sold with another 20 children." he said softly.

He took a breath and said, "They promised me they would take good care of our little Tyckle."

Teresa stopped sobbing and said nothing. She parted from the hug and took a few steps back. She stared into the red eyes of Brutr.

"That's all? That's all you did for our son?! YOU DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO SPEND MONEY ON HIM!" she screamed at him.

"And now I have to watch our child to go to a mercenary company? HE COULD HAVE A BRIGHT FUTURE?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME OR YOURSELF?!"

Tyckle could not stand by and watch the situation get worse.

"Mom, it probably won't be too bad. Like Aviones said I will get good food and only military training" he tried to lighten the atmosphere.

"You don't know how bad it is there. I can't watch you walk away from us. I can't." she said and got calmer.

Brutr looked at Tyckle for a short time and his eyes flashed for a moment before it went away. Then he looked at Teresa.

"Teresa, I think its time to teach him about our origin..." he said slowly.

2