Tea, cake, macaroons and suspicions
56 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Characters are owned by Mobile legends, I don't own any of them as this is my MGL Fan Art Submission. 


In the capital city of the White Kingdom, a bustling bakery and cafe was situated at the heart of the east district. The three heroes Natalia, Freya and Hanabi were happily chatting and praising the confections in front of them.

"Thank you so much for inviting us here Natalia! This place seems heavenly and the goods seem like one of a kind masterpieces!" After giving out her gratitude once again to the white robed assassin, Freya in girlish anticipation reached for the pot of tea in front of the girls. "Although we don't have this in the northern continent I've been to some noble households in the west and I know how to pour a cup, so let me do the honor."

Giggling at the valkyrie's out of character optimism the two other ladies nodded their heads and nudged their cups nearer to Freya. The blonde fighter carefully lifted the warm porcelain teapot off the enchanted plate engraved with a spell to keep anything on it warm. Smiling, Hanabi look on in anticipation across her as the pretty teapot with a beautifully decorated bouquet on it poured warm liquid into her cup with a yellow fruit slice in it, giving out a rich aroma unique yet somewhat familiar. Closing her eyes to better get a whiff of the fragrance she tried to decipher what could the drink be, "Hmmm... Is this perhaps a new kind of tea?"

Opening her eyes she inquiringly looked across her to Freya and Natali who had their backs to the street. Freya couldn't answer as she was still fully concentrating on the remaining two cups while Natalia with amusement in her blue eyes answered the eastern ninja, "The proprietess said its black tea infused with ginger and best taken with the gist of lemon. Why don't you have a sip first and tell us how it is."

Smiling brightly the sexy marksman, lifted the cup in front of her and took a careful drink from the gold and blue flowered porcelain ware. She tasted the almost familiar bitterness of tea then the unexpected spicy but refreshing undertone of ginger washed by the soothing tartness of the lemon. "It's wonderful. It almost feels like all the weariness from our last team battle is being cleansed away from my body." Natalia smiled on as the ninja and valkyrie both enjoyed their warm tea.

Chuckling the silver haired assassin patted her tiny silver fork against a plate with a brown and rich smelling cake in front of her topped with powdered sugar, "Come on girls you'll love this chocolate soufle and the tea will go along perfectly with it too."

Eyes sparkling Freya and Hanabi looked on as Natalia sliced up the cake, they witness in delight as how a rich brown gooey substance spread out of the middle of the cake giving out a rich sweet fragrance.

"Chocolate!" The blonde and black haired beauty squealed this out then bursting out into giggles.

"Oh you already know about chocolate?" Natalia asked the two in surprise because as far as she knows this shop was the only place where you can get these chocolates.

Smiling sweetly the black haired marksman answered her, "Gusion gave me a box of chocolates about two weeks ago. It was great! He said he would bring me to the shop that sells them after our next team battle."

Freya and Natalia quickly exchanged a sweet smile while eating the cake while keeping note of the information so they could tease the mage assassin the next time they see him. Hanabi happily enjoyed the cake and continued on saying, "I'll be sure to order this when we meet up especially since he said the meal will be on him."

Bursting out in laughter the other two women quickly tried to change the subject before they end up saying something that would make the dark haired assasin mage hunt them down and killing them endlessly on the next battle if they were in opposing teams. Freya covered her lips and happily shared, "I tasted the chocolates a week ago when I visited Queen Aurora, apparently Tigreal had given her three boxes of chocolates, so I got to try a lot of them."

Snickering at her previous colleagues antics Natalia nudged the plate of colorful macaroons this time while sharing her own experience, "I tasted chocolate for the first time when Nana and Irithel shared with me the cafe's gooey chocolate cookies and chocolate biscuit."

Smiling happily, she continued on while distributing the macaroons, "I got the location and information about this place from Nana and Irithel who are frequent customers. I kind of stumbled in on the two during their picnic and made myself a guest that got hooked to the scent of the sweets."

Giggling Freya and Hanabi looked down on their desert plates bearing a red macaroon with a pink center, a minty smelling green one, a chocolate hued one with white cream and a brown golden one.

"In order these are raspberry macaroons with strawberry center. Matcha macaroons with mild mint cream. Dark chocolate macarooms with milk coconut cream in the middle and the last one is a coffee macaroon. These are my favorites, do try them and enjoy." Natalia cheerfully shared to the entranced girls who quickly picked up the macaroons that mostly caught their attention.

As the three female heroes gave out groans of happiness while eating the cake and macaroons, Hanabi suddenly speared the raspberry macaroon and stared across the street saying in a low tone, "Do all men like cute girls?"

The assassin and fighter blinked in confusion then looked behind them to what could have caught the marksman's attention. Freya stared tilting her head in curiousity while Natalia stared on in shock. Looking back to Hanabi, the blond valkyrie tried to appease the marksman by saying, "Not all men go for cute girls some guys like the mysterious and sexy type while others like the cool but sweet ones. Every guy and girl has their own preference, right Natalia?"

Distracted the assassin nodded her head and quickly refilled her teacup. Noticing the absent minded Natalia's actions Freya tentatively asked, "Do you know that man?"

Hearing the sterness in the valkyrie's words Hanabi worriedly looked on as the silver haired assassin gave out a sigh and answered "I know him, he is a knight and an assasin. His name is Lancelot and he is in a relationship with the swan princess Odette."

Frowning Freya abruptly asked in a tight voice, "Did this fool of a man hit on you while he was in a relationship with another woman?" Shaking her head Natalia quickly replied, "Heck no.." Hanabi inserted matter of factly, "No the woman he is with now is surely not the princess Odette Natalia speaks of." Confusion evident in her eyes Freya tried to stir the conversation around, "So let me get this straight the man across the street is the knight Lancelot who is supposed to be in love with Princess Odette but is with a different woman?" Nodding, Natalia inquisitively asked the dark haired ninja, "Are you familiar with the woman he is with?"

Biting her lower lip, Hanabi quietly answered the curious girls "That is Kagura, Hayabusa's close friend."

Eyes widening Natalia and Freya looked at each other and knew in that instant that they were both aware of the female ninja's crush on her fellow practitioner and they both noticed her tone when she said the word close.

Freya quickly asked "Do both of you know Odette?"

"Yes, she is sweet and nice. She isn't cute though she is more like an elegant and beautiful swan." Hanabi asserts this while Natalia continues on, "Even though she is born into a reknowned noble family she is polite and humble. Intelligent and caring is what her aura usually gives off."

Contemplating seriously for a bit, the blonde valkyrie suddenly stood up and called for her sword and shield to the shock of the other ladies. Natalia quickly stood up and tried to get the blonde hero to sit down with the help of the now frazzled Hanabi.

"Calm down Freya, we can't jump to conclusions just like that!" Natalia states all this while gesturing to the other side just in time for the three to see, the umbrella toting cute girl to stumble on the curb and be caught in Lancelot's arms. Looking on aghast, Natalia saw how the girl tried to get her balance back by leaning on the knight's chest and smiling sweetly at the guy.

'Oh Crap.' Natalia thought.

Without missing a beat Freya walks forward with her wings now out in the open and Hanabi makes her way forward with the Higanbana ready in her hands. Just when Natalia was contemplating if she should use her smokebomb to calm the two down she heard a melodious voice calling out to them loudly, "Natalia? Hanabi? What are you doing."

'Double Crap!' Natalia shouts out in her heart as the two ladies freeze up with their instinct screaming them to stop and look back.

Almost tearily, Natalia twists back and spied a smiling beautiful mahogany haired mage carrying a tray filled with food.

"Hey, there Odette." Natalia akwardly answers back while giving out signs behind her back to the marksman and fighter now looking at the mage with an almost comical look of shock.

1