World #1 Classical modern magic awakening + a side of doomsday
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

World Number: #001

The world have change a lot since the magical awakening of 2000. Disaster struck as the magical awakening disrupt the stability of everything  down to the atomic level. 

Due to this destabilization event, the internet shut down, bombs spontaneously exploded, including nukes, sending the world into a nuclear winter. 

Despite this, humanity survived thanks to the new found abilities they receive from the magical awakening. Some can manipulate the elements, some have super strong bodies enough to lift several tons of weight, and some can see on a different spectrum. These humans with supernatural powers are called awakeners. 

By the year 2050, awakeners gather together and manage to clear up the skies and welcome the sun back to warm the surface.

Yet peace didn't last long. Greed plagued humanity since the dawn of time and some awakeners decided they wanted to rule over the rest of humanity, the non-awakeners, just like the gods in myths. With their powers to boost their ego and confidence, they wage war with the rest of humanity. 

Bodies piled up as the war as actually fought with mostly non-awakeners and blood flow like rivers as awakeners fought. 

In the year 2051, 2 new force join the war. Monsters born from the remaining radiation and magical beast with heighten intelligence and abilities just like the awakeners. Monsters with their over whelming strengths and the magical beast with their numbers and unique abilities threaten all of human kind with extinction. 

Thus non-awakeners and awakeners let go of their past grievances and joined forces fighting the monsters and magical beasts. 

As the war between humans, monsters and magical beasts wages on for 30 years, humans start to fall behind as the monsters and magical beasts instinctively absorbs the energy in the air slowly strengthening them.

Over the next 20 years, humanity's population fell down to 1 billion. The monsters and magical beasts grew stronger and stronger humanity is falling behind. 

Luckily, humanity's remaining scientists and some awakeners figure out how to awaken more awakeners and cultivate their powers. Thus reaching an equilibrium. 

The monsters occupy 3 of the 7 continents(North and South America and Antarctica) and the Pacific Ocean, while the magical beast occupy another 3 continent(Europe, Asia and Africa), and the Atlantic Ocean, and humans occupy the remaining continent, Oceania, other wise known as Australia and a few smaller island. 

Over the next century, humanity reestablish the internet using magic as the base, as it's the present most stable energy in the atmosphere. They have tried to reinvent guns and other modern arms, but failed due to cost issue and that magic fuses loses power over a short period of time in a fragile container unlike gunpowder that can be stored near indefinitely. So, humanity regressed and went back to using cold weapons. Thanks to the experiments on magic guns, humanity did figure out how to make staves of fantasy RPG games, allowing awakeners with magical powers to enhance their powers. Magic blacksmiths, Alchemist, and others also began to appear as civilization is reestablished, boosting humanity's overall power to another level. 

Sadly the peaceful era didn't last long, as in 2200, rifts appear. Even after 200, the magical awakening is still causing problems. Now, not only is physical material slightly unstable, even space-time is unstable. These rifts are like portals to another world except, there is no other world beyond them. Like blisters after burning your hand, rifts are simply bubbles of space filled with monsters, magical beasts, and civilization ruins of the past, present, and future and the space inside these rifts don't usually match the environment outside. 

There are 3 types of rifts, Stable Rifts, Unstable Rifts, and Wild Rifts. Stable Rifts, as its name suggest, are stable, last up to 50 years, and are not prone to breaking. Unstable Rifts are unstable, they will last from 10 - 15 years and are prone to breaking. 

Wild rifts are complicated. they last from 20 years to 30 years, and can be either as stable as a Stable Rift or as unstable as a Unstable Rift. At the same time, they have weird sets of rule that vary from rift to rift. To put it simply, wild rifts are like dungeons with quests and restrictions. Because of the restrictions, i makes Wild Rifts quite dangerous, as it restricts awakener's powers and often causing their death. On the other hand because it's so dungeon like, Wild Rifts are also quite rewarding, after completing its quests it will reward the entire group with treasures. 

This cause the intelligent monsters and magical beasts and humans to fight once again due to the rare resources that can be found in these rifts. For monsters eating other beings, including monsters, and certain materials can improve their strength. For magical beasts, herbs and other beasts can improve their strength. For humans, everything found in the rifts can one way or another improve their strength. 

This war lasted much shorter than the previous wars, lasting only up to 1 year, because the monsters and magical beasts realized they should be restraining each other instead of trying to finish off the rest of the humans. 

Peace resumes.

This time in the year 2356, another force join the party. Plants. 

The plants develop consciousness. Because of the lack of methods for communication, the plants have been bidding their time slowly accumulating strength. By forming massive forest of linking plants, animals, and insects, these forests have the strength to attack and defend themselves from monsters, magical beasts and humans alike. These forests also learn to create magical contracts with certain animals of the forest, cultivating them and turning them into guardian beasts. The job of these guardians beasts is to expel invaders and in turn, the forest will provide 70% of its natural resource to increase their strength. 

While this event alarmed the monsters, magical beasts and humans, it didn't cause another war. At most it causes a few casualty of monsters, magical beasts and humans. Because these forests are self sustaining and can create their own resources and fighting these forests causes too much to consider profitable, the other forces didn't bother them and simply steer clear of them.  

By 2500, the magical awakening stabilized completely, the conflict between the 3 race never ceased. Rifts still continue to appear and disappear, hot weapons never made a comeback. 


Strength Classification

#################################################################################################

Monsters - Animals that mutate drastically due to a mass of radiation and magical elements. They reproduce in similar manners to normal animals, but only in Magical Radiation Fields. Magical Radiation Field can replenish its lost radiation and magical elements from the air and the sun, slowly but surely growing in intensity. All monsters born in Magical Radiation Fields at Juvenile Monster. They rarely have any magical abilities relying on their superior constitution to kill magical beasts and humans. Their physical strength and toughness is usually high above humans and beasts.

Note: They are born from radiation but cannot use any of the radiation. 

Ranking: Lowest -> Highest

Juvenile: Just born. a few days old to a few weeks. Weak, can be kills by ordinary metal and wood. They still easily kill an adult human and be on par with mature magical beasts in physical strength. No intelligence. Strength Comparison: Humans[G-F], Magical Beasts[Common - Uncommon]

Mature: A few month old to a few years old, skin barely tough enough to ignore ordinary metal. They have the strength to easily kill awaken humans and mature magical beasts. Intelligence of a 7 year old child. Strength Comparison: Humans[E-D], Magical Beasts[Rare]

Elite: Can ignore rocket launcher if they still work after the magical awakening. Can tank around 10-15 missiles before dying. They can destroy buildings made with ordinary material with ease. Intelligence of an average college student. Strength Comparison: Humans[C-B], Magical Beast[Rare+]

Lord: Can ignore missiles and magical attacks below them in strength. Denting or even destroying supernatural material is no problem for them. Intelligence level didn't change. Strength Comparison: Humans[A], Magical Beasts[Epic]

King: Can ignore nukes. Can break the sound barrier with their speed. Intelligence level didn't change. They all have a single physical talent. ie, speed, strength, defense etc. Strength Comparison: Humans[S-SSS], Magical Beast[Legendary]

God - Tier: Unknown

#################################################################################################

Magical Beasts - Animals that awaken just like humans, gaining magical abilities, just like humans. Their method of reproduction didn't change, but stronger beings have harder time creating children. + side: Stronger magical beast can have children born at a higher level of strength and can usually reach the level of strength their parents did at maturity. Different species also have their own unique racial talents. They have higher intelligence than monster, but due to the minimal change in their physical structure, they behave like normal animals with the predators hunting the prey animals. Due to higher intelligence, almost all magical beasts form clan like social groups with the strongest guarding a territory and the weaker ones looking for resources. Their physical and magical talent vary from species to species, but on average their physical strength is higher than humans but lower than monsters. 

Ranking - Lowest to Highest

Ordinary:Non-awaken animals, no intelligence

Common: Ordinary magical beasts that's usually at the bottom of the food chain(fish, rats, rabbit, pigeons, small lizards, prey birds, etc), their strength lies not with the individuals but with enormous numbers. No intelligence. Individual Strength Comparison: Human[F], Monsters[Juvenile]

Uncommon: Magical beasts that are adept at using their abilities. Usually travel in packs of 20 and above. This group makes up basically the majority of magical beast that awaken with minor changes to their appearance minimal potential for growth. Teenager level intelligence. Individual Strength Comparison: Human[E], Monsters[Juvenile]

Rare: Magical Beasts with powerful awaken abilities that pair well with their racial talent. Average intelligence of an adult human They are usually loners or leaders of a small pack of 5-10 of Uncommon Magical beasts or part of a clan. Strength Comparison: Humans[D], Monsters[Mature]

Epic: Leaders of small clans of Magical beasts and they have high intelligence like a pseudo-genius. They are usually apex predators(Lions, Tigers, Eagles, Owls, etc). For their rank, the level of danger they pose is surprising. As apex predators, they are cowards by nature, therefore unless they instinctively knew their attack would be successful or the individual's/group's is far below them, they wouldn't attack and would send their subordinates in first to tire out the target. In this rank, there are also magical beast that just have extremely high intelligence(True geniuses) like the crow or octopus, though their strength is usually in rare rank. Strength Comparison: Humans[C-A], Monsters[Mature - Lord]

Legendary: Powerful Magical beasts of large clans, consists of mostly creature of myths(Leviathan, Dragons, Phoenix, Unicorns, Krakens, etc). Armed with powerful racial talent and abilities, they are the true Apex predator of the era. Similar intelligence level as the average epic rank. Strength Comparison: Human[S-SSS], Monsters[King]

Mythic: Unknown

#################################################################################################

Humans - An enigma of a creature. High intelligence and endurance, but low physical potential, that is before the awakening. Using tools to arm themselves to boost their strength, that's a human. They use to rule earth as the sole Apex predator before the awakening. After several runs in the rifts, they found a tool that can accurately scan their strength and racial talent. Human's racial talent is also quite strange, most would have thought it's related to adaptability, but the name and function of their racial talent said otherwise. Randomizer, that's the only word that comes up when looking at human's racial talent, and honestly it's quite fitting. Compared to Monster whom specialize in physical talent and Magical Beasts that specializes within their species, humans truly have the most random set of awaken abilities. Some are weak, some are strong, some are outright broken. Despite human's intelligence, they are also quite petty, embodying the term "If I can't have it, no one can", so most of the geniuses of human's deaths are cause by human themselves. Of course, there is also the opposite side that does their best to raise genius. Enough about humans, here's their ranking

Ranking: Lowest - Highest

G Rank: non-awakeners, normal human beings. Strength Comparison: Monster[weakest Juvenile], Magical beast[Ordinary - weakest common]

F Rank: Awakener, don't know how to properly use their powers yet, abilities may vary greatly. Strength Comparison: Monster[Juvenile], Magical Beast[Common]

E Rank: With some combat experience, and can use their abilities properly. Strength Comparison: Monster[Mature], Magical Beast[Uncommon]

D Rank: Experts of their level, though with weak abilities. Strength Comparison: Monster[Mature], Magical Beast[Rare, low-Epic] 

C Rank: Makes up a vast number of of the awakeners as this is consider a bottle neck for many. Strength Comparison: Monster[Elite], Magical Beast[mid-Epic]

B Rank: Power houses, this rank also include awakeners whose combat power is around C Rank, but their abilities are perfect for boosting armies. Strength Comparison: Monsters[Elite], Magical Beast[Epic]

A Rank: core of the human strength, they rarely go out and fight personally and are usually guardians of certain locations or of human clans. Strength Comparison; Monster[Lord], Magical Beast[high-Epic]

S-SSS Rank: Genius of the human race. Also a lucky star(maybe lonely star), to survive the scheme of human, monster and magical beast. Strength Comparison: Monster[King], Magical Beast[Legendary] 

Transcendent: Unknown

#################################################################################################

Plants - After a plant gain consciousness, by linking with many others, they form a huge ecosystem that is interconnected, sharing resources and defense power. By forming contracts, they can have a form of attack. These Guardian beasts also have a boost of power by the various plants that awaken supportive abilities. One thing is for sure, any guardian beast can fight above their rank in their forest. When under attack from a large scale ability, the entire ecosystem will pool together their energy to form a giant barrier that can stop attacks up to one rank above their guardian beast. 

Ranking: Lowest-Highest

Small Forest: around 1 km in radius. Guardian Beast Power Level(without forest support): Human[B], Monster[Elite], Magical Beast[Epic]

Medium Forest: around 10 km in radius. Guardian Beast Power Level(without forest support): Human[A], Monster[high Elite], Magical Beast[high Epic]

Large Forest: around 50 km in radius. Guardian Beast Power Level(without forest support): Human[S-SSS], Monster[King], Magical Beast[Legendary] 

Sanctuary: Unknown

0