World #2 Creation of a cultivation world
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

World Number: #002

In the beginning, there was chaos. For eons, there was only chaos. By chance, Heavenly Will is formed.

The Heavenly Will is a strange existence. It has no definite size. It has no definite shape. It's also intangible, well, it kinda requires to be intangible as anything tangible in any way (soul-like or physical) will be demolished within seconds by the omnipresent chaos. 

For the first several eons, Heavenly Will just floated/sat/whatever some intangible being did among the chaos. All it did was stare/feel/taste/hear/smell the chaos that was around it during that time. Time sort of exists but its existence is not noticeable. 

It took several more eons just to make sense of the chaos. At the same time, it notices a strange phenomenon while observing chaos. Some things are repeating. Things exist for a brief moment before breaking apart again. Slowly by watching these phenomena, Heavenly Will begins to understand. It understands the concept of what chaos is and what the strange phenomena that are going on in the chaos. 

For the first time since the Heavenly will come into existence, it did something. Because of its intangible form and the fact that it has no limbs to do anything, it didn't really 'do' anything either. Instead, it willed the chaos around it to do its bidding. The Heavenly Will gathers energy, matter, and a bunch of other random things into a set area. There the Heavenly Will willed the energy and matter to form... a 'small' ball. 

This small ball is 9 quintillion light years in radius, so it's only small compared to the chaos and the Heavenly Will. This sparked Heavenly Will's first emotion, Joy. It doesn't know what it is yet but it feels it and the Heavenly Will liked that. So for the next 2 eons, the Heavenly Will just kept making these small balls. 

At some point, the Heavenly Will wanted to make something different. So it tried to mimic some of the things that the chaos comes up with once in a while. The Heavenly Will copies for a long time and its learning. 

Eventually, it learned everything. Everything. As time is meaningless, it's not sure what even passed and the duration doesn't even matter. All it knows is that chaos has already offered everything it has to offer. 

Looking at the balls that it made some time ago, it's the only thing that lasts in this endless chaos. Everything else that the heavenly will make has long been turned back into chaos or at least in the process of turning back into chaos. 

So, the Heavenly Will promptly decided to hollow out these balls and make things inside them. 

By forming small holes in each ball, the Heavenly will remove as much as it can from the inside leaving an extremely thick crust that is only 1 light year wide. It decided that this was the minimal width to keep the ball from collapsing, after already collapsing a few dozen balls. 

For its largest ball, which is around 1 septendecillion light year in radius, the Heavenly Will pulled in a good amount of chaos and placed it into the ball. This ball will be known later by a few mortals and most cultivators as The Abyss. 

At first, the chaos infused into The Abyss was rampaging trying to create/destroy/liquify/gasify/solidify/etc, and as the Heavenly Will was about to intervene and do something, the chaos started growing weaker. This surprised the Heavenly Will as the chaos outside the ball never weakens nor strengthens. 

Unsure of what is going on, the Heavenly Will decides to simply watch. As the chaos settled down, things started to stabilize and not get destroyed the second it came into existence, and at the same time, unique things were formed. Unsurprisingly, gasses were the first to form. Including all the gasses that exist in Earth's universe, there are also currently 9 different magical gasses. Gas of Corruption, Insanity, Chaos, Weakness, Death, Misfortune, Dilapidation, Suffering and Curse.

Gas of Corruption corrupts the physical (living and non-living) and mental aspects of things. Gas of Insanity only affects beings with sentience, causing instability in the consciousness. Gas of chaos affects almost everything(except for Heavenly Will, itself, the ball wall, and chaos itself) causing events that aren't supposed to happen, to happen 1Example: a brick sitting on the side of a road could explode for no reason or melt without reason or fall upwards for no reason or become invisible for no reason. Gas of Weakness affects the physical aspect of living beings, weakening their physical structure as a whole. Gas of Death straight up depletes the life forces of the living(undead does not count as living). Gas of misfortune is both straightforward and not, it would only target individuals or groups that believe in the same misfortune2Ex. If a person separates from a group in an unfamiliar place, that's a misfortune for the person and other believes that this missing person is unlucky. However, if two groups are hoping for the downfall of another, nothing will happen here as the downfall of one group is unlucky for the group that lost and lucky for the group that won. This gas can only cause misfortune so it becomes inactive if a there is big enough difference in opinion on fortune and misfortune. Gas of Dilapidation, this gas targets artificial things such as tools, buildings, and clothes; all will start to show signs of aging and eventually break. Gas of Suffering, true to its name, causes suffering to all sentient life. Gas of Curse, you will be inflicted with a curse effect once a year, starting minor curses slowly increasing in strength and lethality. All of the gas cloud effects are only active inside it, only aftereffects remain outside of the gas clouds.

Next, the liquids as liquids are more stable than gasses, less magical liquids are formed and less affected by the remnant chaos. There are currently 5 magical liquids. Soul Dissolving Water, Source of Poison, Water of Disgust, Watery Chaos, and Nightmare Water. 

Soul Dissolving Water dissolves the soul, for something to have a soul, it must be conscious and it must be truly alive, not undead. The source of Poison, as it's a liquid belongs here, literally the source and idea of poison, acid, toxic, and venom. The Water of Disgust is a non-lethal liquid as it just makes anything feel intense disgust for just about everything. Watery Chaos just shifts around your position, its position, and maybe your internal organs too(if you are extremely weak/unlucky). Nightmare Water just gives you a lethal nightmare, literally scared to death in your dreams(nightmare), so never sleep here. 

Lastly forms the solids and because of how stable they are only one magical material formed so far. Abyssal Core. This is the core of The Abyss ball. It slowly transforms all material and energy around it into a more chaotic or more durable form. For example, stone to abyssal stone which is twice as hard as normal stone, or fire into abyssal fire which has unique properties. 

The Heavenly Will watches this and the ball becomes a universe. The Abyss universe. The are still no life forms yet. 

Soon the last remnants of Chaos gathered into a small ball. The outer shell hardened and the newly formed egg floated there. 

The Heavenly Will just looked at the egg for a long time observing the circulation of the remaining Chaos energy in the egg. 

Eventually, the chaos starts to form a figure inside the egg. The figure is somewhat humanoid and somewhat gassy. Soon all the chaos is absorbed by the figure strengthening the creature greatly, and the outer shell starts to melt and fuse with the creature too. 

This is the Primordial One, the first-born demon in The Abyss. It's part gassy and part physical humanoid, its physical body has a single horn on its forehead, 3 eyes(slightly below the horn in a neat line), a mouth, 2 arms, 2 legs, 6 fingers per hand, the usual four fingers and 2 thumbs and its genderless. Currently, it has no knowledge or inherited knowledge, as it's the very first of its kind, except for its innate talents. Its innate talents are, to turn completely gassy state or materialize fully, to release the egg shells it was born from into a kind of shield, and to be able to control any type of energy in The Abyss. 

The Heavenly Will watches with a hint of emotion this time. It's quite exciting to see what it can do. Just like the Heavenly Will, the Primordial One doesn't do anything for a long time only observing the universe it's born in. However, the Primordial One is born in a universe so it doesn't get to witness the endless chaos that the Heavenly Will has seen. While this is happening in the Universe isn't waiting for the Primordial one to understand what's going on. Abyssal items for born one after another as energy isn't being used by any being. That soon changed as the abyssal core started to devour most of the energy in the universe attracting the attention of the Heavenly Will and the Primordial One.

After taking in most of the energy in The Abyss, the abyssal core started releasing energy again, Abyssal energy. This energy is also as chaotic as chaos itself. It's a weakened version of the original. 

This gave both the Heavenly Will and the Primordial One an idea. The Primordial One started to pull and drag Abyssal energy towards itself but it didn't know how to absorb it, while the Heavenly Will being completely intangible also got stuck here. 

The Primordial One didn't give up, it looked straight at the abyssal core that's releasing energy. Its eyes seem to be able to automatically adjust his sight, allowing it to look deeper. The Primordial One watches the energy circulate in the abyssal core as it gets spit back out permeating through everything in The Abyss. The Heavenly Will did the same.

The Heavenly Will managed to see everything and memorize the process in a few seconds, while the Primordial One took around 10 seconds to see and memorize the process. 

For the Heavenly Will, it tried to repeat the process in reverse, only to fail again as the chaos energy still can't touch the Heavenly Will at all. 

It's a completely different story for the Primordial One, it manages to reverse the process and absorb the abyssal energy into its body storing the abyssal energy in its core. The core strengthens the Primordial One slightly as it absorbs energy.

Looking at the Primordial One, the Heavenly Will realized something, it needs a physical body to absorb energy. So, the Heavenly Will molded chaos into another ball around 10 times bigger than The Abyss. But that failed as the chaos energy lost connection to outside chaos and started settling down again, and the Heavenly Will promptly destroyed the ball in frustration. Suddenly it had an idea from watching the Primordial one being born. 

 The Heavenly Will decided instead of using chaos to make a body, it would use itself as the energy. Despite the Heavenly Will's intangibility and incomprehensible size, it still has a body. And the Heavenly Will can feel it. 

After moving away from the little balls of universes, the Heavenly Will tried and felt that it really could move its body. Condensing around 1 percent of its body into tangible eggs, for the first time it felt the force of chaos. 

Pain

The first time the Heavenly Will felt such a thing. The chaos energy is smashing heavily into the outer shell of the Heavenly Will. The chaos energy's most prominent attribute is to destroy and assimilate. Unless the material is made up of chaos or a similar force, it will usually be destroyed with time. Fortunately, the outer shell of the Heavenly Will is strong enough to withstand the chaos energy's onslaught. 

Unfortunately, the Heavenly Will is still connected to the outer shell and never felt this sensation before, therefore stunning the Heavenly Will in the process. 

After some time, the Heavenly Will got used to the pain and is slowly regaining its will. Slowly, it thickens its outer shell adding another percent of its body to it. 

This time the Heavenly Will felt the pain lessen a bit, so it continued to thicken its outer shell. After using around 7.68592% of its body, the Heavenly Will stops feeling pain from the collision of chaos. 

Already seen it twice where for some weird reason energy seems to automatically start circulating on its own once inside an enclosed shell, the Heavenly Will waited for something to also happen to it to transform it from an intangible being to a tangible being. And just as expected, something started happening and the Heavenly Will's consciousness dims and goes dark. 

Meanwhile, the Primordial One is exploring its universe. Currently, it's quite bland and there is not much to see other than the 9 gas and 5 liquids of The Abyss. It did eventually reach the border of the universe. The border of the Universe isn't exactly transparent but it also isn't good at showing what's on the other side either. As the border itself is a lightyear wide, it is like trying to see the bottom of a murky river. Gravity has yet to fully settle in the Abyss so there are just large clumps of matter floating around and colliding with each other but stars, solar systems, and galaxies are slowly forming. 

The Primordial One tried looking for things similar to it but sadly it's the first living being in The Abyss. Unlike the Heavenly Will, the Primordial seems more emotional so it starts to get lonely. It felt that there should be other things/beings that are just like it being able to move around and think, and perhaps accompany it. It sometimes destroys galaxies due to its immense strength. It digs through planets to look for something to curb its loneliness. Sadly, can't find anything to accompany it for now. 

The Primordial One goes back to the Abyssal core, the only thing that's actively doing something in this lonely universe. The Primordial One does not know how it came to be what it is. So it watches. It watches the birth of the stars, their end, the formation of black holes, nebulas, neutron stars, and many many more celestial objects. It watches the abyssal core transform the environment around it into a beautiful yet dangerous landscape. A mass of sharp rocks and arcs all pointing toward the core, like the head of a very pointy scepter, holding it in place. The monotony and loneliness tried it out, it didn't like the emotions it was feeling and aimed to shut them out. And so it did, it slept. 

Back to the Heavenly Will, it's undergoing its transformation inside its shell. It's becoming a being that is very similar to gods. 

After some time, the shell cracked and the Heavenly Will reabsorbed its shell. The Heavenly Will now has a featureless and faceless humanlike blank body. After undergoing this transformation, the Heavenly Will can freely switch between being intangible and tangible and it has a better grasp of its ability to move things with its will alone. 

The Heavenly Will looks at The Abyss and sees the Primordial One lying on one of the planets and not moving. It watches the Primordial One for a bit before looking at the Abyss as a whole. By now, abyssal energy has permeated throughout the entire Abyss and the natural laws are starting to settle down and work their magic. Now the universe is littered with stars, it will take some time before their light shines throughout the universe too. 

The Heavenly Will took its first breath of chaos. 

Chaos spirals towards its mouth, entering through the 'mouth', into Heavenly Will's energy circulation system. Inside Heavenly Will's body, chaos energy undergoes a magical transformation. The chaotic energy calms down, swirls, and becomes stable. This energy will be later known as "Heavenly Spirit Qi". 

The Heavenly Will feels happy that now it has its own, unique energy source. It looks at the other balls and decides to see what happens if it's filled with its energy. 

Shortly after hollowing out a ball, filling it with Heavenly Spirit Qi, and sealing it, the heavenly energy immediately stabilizes and starts to form galaxies. Life began to flourish in every galaxy. Countless treasures are born with spirituality. This will be known as the Immortal Realm.

Unlike The Abyss, only one truly unique thing formed in the ball. 

Tribulation Clouds. It has two forms, just like the Heavenly Will, tangible and intangible. Its tangible form looks like a thunderstorm cloud, it can span from a few meters in radius to several light years. Its intangible form covers the entire Immortal Realm. 

Perhaps it's because it's made from very stable Heavenly Will's energy, immediately after forming, it develops consciousness and can sense outside the ball. 

Tribulation Clouds is very curious about what is going on. It was just born and it doesn't know what to do yet. After sensing outside the Immortal Realm, it feels the presence of Heavenly Will can feel extremely close to it. 

In a sense, Tribulation Clouds can be considered Heavenly Will's child. As it knows no language yet but can also form an immature will, it communicated with the Heavenly Will to ask what is going on. 

The Heavenly Will was caught off guard, and didn't expect the newborn Tribulation Clouds to communicate with it, was felt flustered for the first time. 

Looking around trying to find inspiration, the Heavenly Will notices the remains of some galaxies in The Abyss and the Primordial One sleeping peacefully. Looking at the Immortal Realm, it notices the newborn life without much intelligence rapidly absorbs energy becoming powerful and causing destruction. 

It compares the desolate-looking Abyss to the Immortal filled with life and concludes, that it needs someone to be a strength-checking guardian. 

The Heavenly Will was born in chaos where everything keeps getting destroyed and nothing lasts for more than a few seconds. Over time it grows adverse to the idea of destruction and leans towards creation. This unknowingly caused certain changes in the Heavenly Will during its incubation and made it a very defensive yet supportive Will. 

Seeing the life born from its energy causing destruction irritates the Heavenly Will a bit. So it communicated with the Tribulation Clouds to prevent the creatures of the Immortal realm from getting too strong, yet at the same time allow those that worked very hard to get stronger. Also, the Heavenly Will allows those who already reached their level of strength to keep their strengths but prevent them from getting even stronger without proper testing. 

Tribulation Clouds immediately follows the Heavenly Will's orders, even though it has no reason to. It's simply born with the instinct to follow the Heavenly Will.

At this time, the Abyssal Core mutated. While the Heavenly Will was in its egg, the shell of the Abyss weakened from the constant erosion of the chaos outside, and the abyssal energy, which is 98% similar to chaos energy, from the inside. 

The shell of the Abyss universe is made from chaos so it should be virtually indestructible. However, because it's made from chaos its weakness is also chaos energy. With how volatile chaos and abyssal energy are, they seek to destroy this barrier and return to how it was originally. 

While the shell of the Abyss would hold on for a much longer duration, chaos energy is already seeping into the Abyss. The Abyssal Core absorbed this energy and mutated. Its physical body started to disintegrate bit by bit, throughout several eons, until its physical form no longer existed. 

The Abyssal Core evolves to become the Abyssal Will, an existence similar to Heavenly Will but its essence is much closer to chaos energy. 

The trait of the Abyssal Will is geared towards destruction, invasion, and corruption. It developed consciousness and noticed it's trapped in a flimsy shell and broke it directly. 

Chaos energy surged toward the place that was once the Abyss and this attracted the Heavenly Will's attention. It sense a being extremely similar to itself yet its essence is the Heavenly Will's opposite. Immediately sensing that it cannot destroy another Will and that the other Will seeks to harm it, the Heavenly Will does what it does best. Creating.

With the amount of 'time,' it spends conscious, it is more adept at manipulating Will to manipulate everything else. The Heavenly Will manipulates chaos around Abyssal Will, who has yet to escape its weak small cage and traps it in a bigger and much more sturdy cage. 

But before the Heaven Will can completely solidify the cage, the Abyssal Will, sensing that it's about to be trapped again, uses its body to create microscopic holes in the cage. The Heavenly Will notices this but can't do anything because it can not manipulate another Will's 'body'. 

The Heavenly Will observes its fellow race but notices that it's quickly converting the chaos that was also trapped with it into abyssal energy without a vessel, unlike how the Heavenly Will did. 

Knowing that it won't be trapped for long, it decides to create a barrier made of heavenly spirit qi to shield itself and its creations. Afterward, it refined all the remaining chaos into heavenly spirit qi and let it permeate throughout the multi-cultivation universe. This created the mortal realms, the 8 Heavens, and the 9th Heaven as the Immortal Realm. The mortal realm received the lowest concentration of heavenly spirit qi with each heaven having more heavenly spirit qi. 

After breaking out of its cage, the Abyssal Will noticed its adversary retreated into a very hard shell that it couldn't corrupt easily

The Abyssal Will still lingers in the area that was once the Abyss, preventing any chaos from affecting the said area. 

The Primordial One has already woken up due to all the commotions but just silently watches as 2 Wills fight. This was the single most interesting thing it has ever seen since its birth and left a deep impact on him. 

The Abyssal Will, while cannot penetrate the Heavenly Will's barrier, can see through it perfectly fine. It sees the Heavenly Will, the Tribulation Clouds, and the myriad of living things in the universe. 

The Abyssal Will got an inspiration. Looking at the Primordial One, and the myriad of living things, and knowing that it cannot break Heavenly Will's barrier but can drill holes, it decides to copy what the Heavenly Will is doing and then send the being it created to wreak havoc in the Heavenly Will's little home to cause destruction another way. 

The Abyssal Will reestablishes the Abyss and using the Primordial One as the template, the Abyssal Will created Demons Gods and lower-level demons. These demons are made similar to Primordial One's form but with only a physical form but also act like a weakened version of the abyssal core. The job of the demons is to spread abyssal energy in the cultivation world to lower Heavenly Will's influence. 

The Abyssal Will tried to imprint a hierarchy system similar to an insect colony that only obeys a higher order. But due to Abyssal Will nature that is geared towards destruction, not creation, it never manages to succeed.

In the demon system, lower-level demons will most likely obey all higher orders but as the strength of demons grows higher, the effect lessens and the demons might ignore orders or outright disobey orders. 

The Abyssal Will gives up trying to perfect the imprint and sends them off to pollute the cultivation world. 

At first, the residents of the cultivation world don't know how to resist the demons, but with the help of the Heavenly Will and a few cultivation geniuses, the art of abyssal energy purification spread to every corner the the cultivation world. 

This causes the influence of the demons to diminish at a rapid pace. The Abyssal Will noticing this orders the demons to change tactics and introduce demonic cultivation to the cultivation world to cause more destruction. Demonic cultivation requires the cultivator to sacrifice others to create abyssal energy which can quickly change the demonic cultivator to a form similar to a demon and with strength that can rival demons. 

To counteract this, the Heavenly Will tells the Tribulation Clouds to greatly weaken demonic cultivators so that their strength will always be one realm lower than what it should be. To reward those who don't tread the path of demonic cultivation, the Tribulation Clouds will give them a weakened enlightenment after passing their tribulation. Those who do practice demonic cultivation will be blasted with tribulation 3 times the original strength and they will not receive any help for passing the tribulation. 

The Abyssal Will and the Heavenly Will continue to fight and the beings under them fought for eons to come. 

0