Chapter 1
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

cle, please do not hit that hard. It really hurts” Sun Suwon grunted out as his knees buckled from the heavy hit to his stomach.

Across from him stood a tall man with an imposing presence. Scars covered his face and his black hair war slicked back and his brown garment did not hide his well-trained body.

“Wont you ever listen to me? Then I wouldn’t have to hit you so hard.” He grumbled as he sat down on a big stone next to him.

“fuck, that hurt.” He grumbled as he sat down.

Sun Suwon looked offended for a second before smiling maniacally at the man. His raven black hair hung over his face only showing his eyes and smile.

“Uncle, you just sat down on a poison tip and only I have the antidote.”

His uncle Lee Jaemin stared at the boy in wonder for a second before both breaking out in laughter.

“I really did not expect that. Well, done Suwon!” Lee Jaemin congratulated him with a big smile on his face.

A small smile graced Sun Suwon’s face before disappearing. He took out a small round pill which was the antidote and threw it to his uncle only for him to catch it with his mouth and swallow it directly.

“Nice catch”

“Well, I don’t know what the poison was, so better take the antidote as fast as possible.”

Jaemin smiled at his adopted son before standing up and moving into their small wooden cottage.

While also pulling out a small spike from his back thigh and throwing it away.

Suwon rubbed his stomach a bit before getting up with a swift jump and following.

Their cottage was not big, but not small at all. It was one of the bigger one in their medium sized village.

They were not poor but did not have an abundance of money either, so they make do with what they can.

The Village housed about four hundred people of all ages and professions.

“Brat, go down to the village head and ask for when the traders will arrive, and I will make food.”

“Sure, do not make anything disgusting like last time though.” Suwon said as he walked down the dirt path from their hut.

As he was on his way, he could not help but take in the scenery once again.

‘I really like living on the border of the woods and the waterfall is so relaxing.’

He thought as he glanced at the huge waterfall outside their hut.

Before he could finish his thoughts, he had already arrived at the village chief’s hut.

Suwon knocked on the door and an elderly man opened.

“What do you want Suwon?” He asked as he stroked his long grey beard.

“Uncle wants to know when the traders will arrive.”

The village chief turned around and motioned for Suwon to follow him inside the house.

The inside looked just as special as the first time he entered, with tons of animal heads and skulls put up on the walls.

‘The village chief says their all trophy’s. I must get some trophies soon.’

The chief stopped at a small table and picked up a paper.

“Looks like they will arrive in 3 days.” He said with a strained expression.

Suwon saw it right away. he had never seen the village chief who was a third-rate martial artist react at something.

He may be old, but he is still a martial artist.

“What is it chief?” Suwon asked with interest as he stared into the village chiefs’ brown eyes with his silver grey.

Before he says anything more the village chief sighs.

“Nothing, just bad things will always find it’s way back to you if you let It be for too long.”

‘Uncle did mention they come from a city this time. Maybe the chief knew someone there and they do not get along.’

The chief motioned for Suwon to leave, and he did just that.

‘For a martial artist to react, it’s not good for him.’

Suwon sprinted to their hut and slammed the door open only to be met with a pissed look from his uncle.

“You can really look scary sometimes you know.” Suwon remarked as he walked past Jaemin without a care in the world.

Jaemin sighed and closed the door before making his way to the already set up table and sat down ahead of Suwon.

Suwon had already started throwing his newly cooked chicken rice and soup into his mouth before Jaemin could even pick up his chopsticks.

“So, what did the chief say?” Jaemin asked as he slowly picked up a piece of chicken and put it in his mouth.

“Well, their coming in three days but something was wrong with him.”

Jaemin’s ears perked at that, and Suwon had all his attention and his eyes told him to continue.

“Well, he looked almost scared when he saw what city they came from. I guess he knows someone that is coming or something.”

Suwon said as he stuffed his food down his throat, letting his uncle think about it.

1