Ch.2
1.5k 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2

Adelina

 

“Alice, may I come in?” A voice can be heard behind the door, “I’ve brought you clothes.”

How does she know my name? Taking a more thorough look at the girl in the mirror. She does resemble a lot like someone...

“Alice... Alice...” Muttering, trying to recall who in the game shared the name, Alice.

“Alice, are you awake? I’m coming in...” The doorknob turns, the door slowly opens wide open.

Forgetting someone was waiting for me behind the door, I swiftly looked to find a maid holding a dress.

“My apologies for returning the dress late, the mud was difficult to remove...”

“Oh... That’s okay...”I said.

...

...

“What would you be wearing?” The maid asks.

“I... can dress,” I said nervously.

“Alright, I’ll take my leave.” The maid left as quickly as she came in.

I didn’t realize she placed the dress on the bed. I put on the dress that took me a while buttoning back of the dress. Taking a look in the mirror, only to be disappointed. This dress is too dull for this girl’s good looks.

I heard a tap, this time not coming from the door, but from the glass window. Taking a peek through the glass to see nothing besides checkered sidewalks, barren trees, and blue grass. Which proves I am certainly in Mayhem Wonderland.

Suddenly, Michael appeared out of thin air. Giving me a subtle shock, “What the hell, Michael! Where have you been? Did you also wake up in this game as well?”

“One question at a time,” He began floating in the air in a sitting posture, as though he were seated on an imaginary chair, “And, I was here the whole time. Seriously, your ‘scared’ reaction was flat out lame, I was expecting more from you.”

“Now’s not time to play around, get me out of here!” I yelled through the glass, “Why the hell am I even here in the first place?!”

“No can do, the only way to get out of this place is to wait for the game to end. Just be on stand-by, didn’t you want to look at what the events would be like in person?” He lowers himself down to my level, “You’re the one that wished for this, I just grant them.” 

“I guess so... but what happens if something goes wrong? And it alters the events?” I asked. 

RING RING, a tone that emerges from Michael’s jacket. How come I didn’t realize his jacket looks perfectly brand new as if the pocket holes never existed?

“I’ll talk to you later, Alice.” Michael takes out his pocket watch rather than a phone, yet it still behaved like any ordinary phone.

“Honey, I told you I’m with the kids-“ And poof, he disappears leaving a few traces of smoke behind.

“..”

I went back to the mirror, looking at the particular dress. Maybe there are better clothes in the wardrobe. Gradually opening up the closet, to only discover three dresses. They all look so dull, not one bright colored dress stood out of the three.

I suppose I’ll stick with this low gradient green dress. I don’t even want to try unfastening these buttons. My efforts will go to waste.

I guess it’s time for me to head out the door. I could take the opportunity to explore the area and get some details regarding this Alice.

Walking down the halls, it's quite nice to get out of that room for once. Even though I've only been there for less than an hour. The hall was full of portraits, mainly of older men displaying their wealth. Walking on this crimson carpet feels nice to my feet. I’ll have to thank Michael for selecting a decent person’s body.

I continued adventuring throughout the house until encountering a familiar someone.

“It seems your dear maid did a good job getting rid of the mud.” Adelina eyed me from head to toe.

Adelina... the villainess of Mayhem Wonderland, she was responsible for troubling the heroine. Her two followers, however, were the ones who did the dirty work for her. She's not much of a concern if you don’t select the White Prince’s route, so I’m safe... at least for now.

But, I’ve never heard of Adelina living with an Alice, only her parents and her brother.

Adelina gradually stepped closer to me. I flinched, nearly about to take a step back. She places her hand on my shoulders, squeezing ever so slightly.

She put her lips against my ears, whispering, "Daddy wants to talk to you...” Hearing a slight giggle in mid-sentence, “I heard he’s going to get rid of you, isn’t that great news?”

My spine shuddered as I felt her warm breath against my ears. She releases my shoulder and continues to walk... As if nothing had ever happened.

I stood there for a moment until letting out a sigh of relief. Stupid of me to nearly forget this game has characters with a partly insane aspect to them. And apparently one of the various reasons why I’m so intrigued by Mayhem Wonderland.

Heading down the stairs, I saw a man sitting in the main room. As soon as he noticed my presence, he requested me to take a seat beside him.

20