Chapter 6
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He's gone. He actually left. 

I spent an hour combing through the forest. He actually left that idiot!

Returning back to the camp I sat against the tree in defeat. 

I need to ask the light mother for help...but is that truly what I should do? 

Our last conversation didn't go to well after I let her favorite nation lose its source of power. 

If I got myself into this situation then it's only fitting if I get myself out. 

I got up before flying up past the trees and combing through the forest once more. 

***

I arrived infront of the adventurers guild. It was a large building that was located at the towns square. 

Drakons keep was huge, the streets stretched as far as I could possibly see. 

Adric has been through Drakons keep on multiple occasions but admitted he didn't explore most of it. 

When we arrived at the town earlier I noticed that at the end of the town was a rather enormous skeleton that towered over it. 

Kara said the town was famous for the dragon skeleton. The third hero Drakon founded the town after slaying the Great dragon. 

He made the town under the dragons skeleton to ward off other creatures from coming here. 

I asked Kara about the heroes, how do they get chosen and if they're still around. 

"You see, heroes aren't really chosen by the Gods anymore. After the first hero arrived a phenomenon occurred that one in a thousand children would get special blood often being called hero blood. Children with hero blood are different, they have stronger bodies and greater mana capacities than normal mortals"

She then pulled out a vial from her bag. Inside was a reddish liquid with some gold essences inside. 

"You see that, that's hero blood, it varies between species but they always contain gold liquid inside of it. Not all children are equal as the gold in their blood varies. The more gold in your blood the stronger you are" 

She shakes her head. 

"Not like that will happen, you either have to a freak to have that. As for your second question, there were only five recognized heroes. The first hero went missing, the second hero died during his fight with the second demon king, the third hero is the queen of the floating isles and the fourth hero has also died. There wasn't much information about the fifth hero, I mean it was over ninety years ago when he defeated the fifth demon king. I believe he became a hermit up in the smokey mountains." 

That's what I learned earlier, so heroes all over the continent really exist huh. 

Adric opened the adventurers guild doors. It was large common hall, many adventurers from all different races were her chattering and relaxing at the tables. At the end of the hall was kitchen were the cooks made food. At the entrance there was a lady greeting us at her desk. 

"Hello adric back so soon?" 

She smiled while pulling out a file. 

"So you had the goblin quest I believe. Do you have the hearts?" 

"Sure do" 

He replied, bringing out a sack. She grabbed it, opening and gave a curt nod. 

"I see, here yours payment. Thank you for hard work!"

She handed over a pouch to adric. 

"One more thing miss. This little bugger wants to apply for a guild membership" 

He smiled. 

"Really?" 

She looks me up and down. 

"Hmm. Well we need him tested to see his stats"

Kara must've noticed the look on my face. 

"Its just a simple magic cast. We'll then be able to see your all of your attributes and potential"

"So like you can see how strong I am?" 

"Precisely." 

I see. It's like a game where you can see my character stats.

 The Guild girl placed her hand on my forehead. She chanted in a language I never heard before, a weird sensation washed over me before she took her hand off. 

She grabbed a blank sheet of paper, slowly words were imprinted on their. 

When it was done she looked through it. Her eyes raised before looking at me. 

"Interesting. Take this while I complete your ID."

I grabbed ahold of the paper looking it over. 

[Name: James Cartwell]

[Stats]

[Health 30/30 (E+)]

[Strength 10 (F+)]

[Agility 11 (F+)]

[Stamina 8 (F)]

[Intelligence 75 (B+)]

[Magic 0 (F-)]

[Potential (S+)]

Disappointing. Absolutely disappointing. 

Adric watched, his mouth was wide opened at reading my stats. 

"That's actually impressive for a new adventurer like you. Most of their stats are always F-" 

He cleared his throat

"But what I'm trying to say is that your potential is eye catching. Most parties and companies are looking for B+ potential and above" 

"But Adric, his Magic isn't good."

"And his health is abysmal. His stamina and endurance has to go up" 

Gurt mutters for the first time. 

"Listen little bugger. Once we get your ID we'll take you on your first quest and train you" 

He smiled. 

"Then you'll properly be part of our crew" 

He ruffled my hair. 

The lady from the front desk returned. 

"James, heres your ID"

She gave me a sheet of thick paper. There was a photo of me, even though I haven't taken a picture it seemed her magic can copy my face.

She tapped her finger on a E  emblem imprinted on the paper.

"That right there is your rank. it goes up from F, E, D, C, B, A and S" 

She the pointed to a large board where a group of adventurers were at. 

"That's the guild board, that's where you will find all the available quest. Of course there are 7 boards accommodating each rank. You can either solo or go join a party" 

"Is it all right for this guy to join us?" 

Adric placed his hand on my shoulder. 

"Yes. That should he fine. As long as he's with a higher rank individual he can join any sort of higher ranked quest" 

"Alright time to teach you the basics" 

He pulled me to the C ranked board. 

"Since me and my party are C ranked we're often tasked with dealing with hostile monsters like goblins or small beast" 

He looks through the pinned papers on the board before finding one. 

"A farmer needs help guarding his livestock at night, some creature has been sneaking in and killing his animals" 

"Probably a beast man"  

Kara chimed

"Not really, beast men usually travel in packs. Since only one cattle gets stolen per night it seems its just a single creature" 

Adric explained. 

"Probably a Griften" 

Gurt answered.

"What's a Griften?" 

I asked. 

"Its a hungry bastard, they look like dogs but stand on their hind legs, their arms have talons like birds and they always look like they're starving" 

"Well we dealt with Griftens before so it shouldn't be a problem" 

Adric looked toward me. 

"Plus we get time to train this bugger while waiting for the bastard to show" 

With this we all agreed to take this quest. 

Only if we knew what would happen. 

0